1. ADVRIDER Print Magazine!
    We're doing two more print magazines this year. July & November. 144 pages of high quality adventure riding stories, photography and interviews!

Click here to purchase both for $35.
    Dismiss Notice

Perfect Squeeze: Off-Road Phone Mount

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by Mondo-Hondo, May 10, 2016.

1. Carmmond

Carmmond S.E. WI

Oddometer:
    Will do.... looking like the season is coming to an early end in WI this year but it will get a good workout next year God willing.
    GF-kam likes this.
  2. gonzo2k

gonzo2k Adliberator

Oddometer:
    Just got a new DAP with buttons on the side.
    Too lazy to go out to the shed to check my mounts for clearance so I came here.
    Looks like I'm good with 3.5" from the bottom on both sides.
    While I'm here:
    I bought the Big Squeeze for my iPad first...one word: INCREDIBLE
    The I bought the Perfect Squeeze for my iPhone... both mounted to GadgetGuy hardware (also fantastic machine work)
    I purchased just about every aftermarket farkle for my 04 R1150 GS Adv.
    Mondo Hondo's mounts are at the top of my list for quality, durability and design.
    Glad I had a chance to tout a fantastic product!
    Carry on...
    LewisNClark likes this.
  3. karter18

karter18 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Perfect squeeze is very apply named as it is very well made and super easy to use quickly. Best product for Moto I have purchased. I have a lot of RAM stuff but I doubt anyone ever makes a better phone mount. Really good stuff here and worth the peace of mind for your phone.
    Eatmore Mudd, LewisNClark and GF-kam like this.
  4. RacingEngr

RacingEngr PWR UP

Oddometer:
    @Mondo-Hondo Does a 350 count as a big single and require the buzz kill? Thought I only saw 500+ but wanted to verify before ordering. Thanks!
  5. kvango

kvango Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    To get a 90 degree turn, do I take apart the buzz kill and rotate a plate 90 degrees? Using bar tab, want to mount it parallel to bars and phone vertical.

If you have an iPhone, yes. My 990 killed my camera stabilizer (Ram mount)
  6. Hondogarage

Hondogarage Lab-Coated Gear Wizard

Oddometer:
    I would not recommend taking apart the buzzkill. It can be a little tough to get the wires back in and it was not designed to be reassembled with the plates 90* off from each other.

Can you loosen the bar tab bolt and rotate the bar tab mount 90*?
    GF-kam likes this.
  7. GF-kam

GF-kam Long timer

Oddometer:
    Love my Buzzkill. Logged about 3K miles since installing with my Apple iPhone XR. No issue with my iPhone camera.
    basketcase likes this.
  8. mgdavis

mgdavis Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I received my Perfect Squeeze yesterday. I'm quite pleased with it thus far, after a morning of driving around with it. I used a Pro Clip mount to attach it to the dashboard of my F250 without having to drill any holes. My Galaxy S6 fits securely and is easy to insert and remove.
  9. LewisNClark

LewisNClark Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Received Perfect Squeeze yesterday. You can immediately “feel” the precision of the Perfect Squeeze. The tiny thread pattern allows you to adjust holding pressure to precise level. I went with the Ram mount version which makes for easy removal in literally seconds. Nice thing about the Ram Mount is you can use a 4” or 8” stalk to raise the iPhone 11 Max Pro view to your eye’s level of view. You can also move a Ram Mount left or right to get it out of the view of the Speedometer. Ram Mount version makes it a breeze to move from bike to bike and to SUV with suction cup mount.

I’ve wasted money on at least four other Phone Mounts and this is the only one I have ever used that I’m confident enough not to have to hassle with a security lanyard. The only thing I’d recommend to others is install so the adjustment screw is on top, if it does get in the way of a tank bag. Great Product - and highly recommend.
    OneAUout, CharlesH and Luckycharms like this.
  10. River-Runner

River-Runner Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Absolutely like this product, the Perfect Squeeze with BuzzKill. Would recommend with Zero hesitation to my friends.

Use on KTM 690 and BMW GSA.
    makar, GF-kam and CharlesH like this.
  11. Fudge

Fudge Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Upgraded my mount to “juiced” last week, outstanding build quality.

19480628-20B9-4C6C-9E40-A20ADD0C1B71.jpeg 38C300A3-920C-4603-A9BF-44324A2F4596.jpeg
    CoastieAM likes this.
  12. MikeCMP

MikeCMP Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    @Mondo-Hondo curious as to the type of connector on the juiced version of the mount. I really like the way the power cable can be screwed or unscrewed, very handy. What type of connector opus that , I wouldn’t mind sourcing some more for other electrical accessories.

Thanks!
    Mike
  13. CoastieAM

CoastieAM Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    @MikeCMP, as the co creator of the juiced squeeze as we make the charging technology I’ll chime in here. The connector used is an M12 2 pin waterproof type. Glad you’re impressed with our electronics tech.
    Eatmore Mudd and LewisNClark like this.
  14. MikeCMP

MikeCMP Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thank you! I thinks it’s clever to have it be removable there in case you need to re route the wire or just remove the phone mount for one reason or another. I have some other things, like my in reach cradle, that I would love to make removable so I think this is the route I will go.

Mike
  15. Tortuga353

Tortuga353 Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    What size are the hex bolts used to mount the buzz kill to a ram ball? I had it mounted to the low profile mount but was going to change this weekend. I must have misplaced my bolts.
  16. Tortuga353

Oddometer:

I was surprised to find they are 10/32 thread. That is why all the M threads I tried did not fit. Duh probably had some but 20¢ later and I’m gtg.
    Eatmore Mudd likes this.
  17. Bruincounselor

Bruincounselor North Plains Drifter Supporter

Oddometer:
    This is my only complaint about the product - all of my bikes are metric and this is the only thing on them that isn't. M6 would be really nice.......
    Lost Roadie and Luckycharms like this.
  18. Lost Roadie

Lost Roadie High-Tech Meets Low Class Supporter

Oddometer:
    I'm happy with the perfect squeeze and buzz kill, a quality kit for sure. Certainly holds the phone firm, is minimal when not in use and should help reduce the big hit jolts when off tarmac.
    However I'm not 100% sold that I won't eventually have OIS camera issues after doing a little testing.

Here's a screen shot of the vibration measurements on my 390ADV bike at idle with a iPhone 12 max in a RAM quick grip xl on a short ram ball connected directly to the bike.

RAM.PNG

Here's measurements with buzzkill and perfect squeeze (before I added a spacer to get the angle right)

Buzz.PNG

It certainly helps reduce vibes on x axis on my bike but I'm no engineer, just an armchair one who plays the role on TV now and then, so can't say which axis vibration damages IOS the most. Many others seem to have had good luck over many miles and there's a lot of variables from bike to bike of course, but I won't be canceling Apple Care+ insurance anytime soon.

Love the product and service I received, just wish it was designed to accommodate portrait or landscape orientation into standard base plate mounts without modification.
    Tortuga353 and GF-kam like this.
  19. Tortuga353

Oddometer:
    My perfect squeeze buzzkill wires were toast last weekend on my dual sport ride. I cut them short. Thoughts? I mean I guess I can give it a go and if it destroys my camera turn my phone in with Apple Care+.

Attached Files:

20. KayDubbya

KayDubbya Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Replacement wires are available through Hondo Garage. Easy to change then out. Cutting down the originals will work temporarily but will fail sooner than the originals.