Perry River Road to Seymour Arm.....NOT

Discussion in 'Canada' started by canadasax, Jul 24, 2011.

1. MGV8

MGV8 Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    That was you guys, cool, we were taking a break and I hadn't been into Albas in a bunch of years. Beautiful day for a ride.
  2. shuswap1

shuswap1 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thought of stopping to say Hi, but the wiffy hadn't seen where the creek enters Seymour Arm. have you ridden the TomTom Lake area. I was last in that direction 2 years back and there was a bridge engineer on site exploring a plan to rebuild. Seems a nice area, worth exploring.
    Haven't ridden east of the Perry Rvr southbound turn either, also looks interesting
  3. MGV8

Oddometer:
    We did the Gorge or Anstey a couple of Summers ago, was in great shape. Heard the Perry is open but I've only been up it as far as Mustang Powder turn off recently. :D Been years other wise. Thinking of doing a loop around the Perry and back down the gorge to visit my Dad. He is spread on a ridge up above 3rd and 4th creek. See if I can find the cabin he used to stay at back in the 30s and 40s.
    I haven't ridden the Tum Tum yet, looks like it might go all the way to Blue river. I was thinking this year but running out of days. I think it might be a two day trip or maybe three if a guy made a run up Canoe Mountain out of Valemont.
    I just ordered my updated Back roads Maps for the GPS. Several of the roads it showed were deactivated and it didn't show the new super highway up the west side of Cayenne creek. Seemed to be a lot of traffic coming out of it as we were going in but once we hit the Momich there was very little sign of any thing. So don't think they came that way. Curious now.
    shuswap1 likes this.
  4. BCBackRoads

BCBackRoads Travels with Gumby

Oddometer:
    We rode the Tum Tum in 2015 and it was in pretty good shape then. The worst part was where it was freshly graded. After we got past the broken down grader it was much easier to ride. It turns onto Finns Creek FSR and returns to Hwy 5 about halfway between Avola and Blue River. Not sure what's changed since then.

Wayne
    RevyRider and shuswap1 like this.
  5. MGV8

Oddometer:
    Thanks Wayne, Nice to know it goes through. You don't fully trust the Back roads maps.
  6. shuswap1

Oddometer:
    While the Backroads Maps/books certainly come in handy they do contain a great deal of misleading info.
    250senuf likes this.
  7. BCBackRoads

BCBackRoads Travels with Gumby

Oddometer:
    Backroads Mapbooks, AKA "the book of lies". :lol3
    250senuf and shuswap1 like this.
  8. 250senuf

250senuf Long timer

Oddometer:
    Local knowledge is key. But who to trust to give you the real low down?
    RevyRider likes this.
  9. MGV8

Oddometer:
    Didn't get as far as the Perry yesterday. Spent too much time exploring the Spur FSRs off the Gorge or Anstey FSR.. Lots of Logging Activity.
    IMG_3977.JPG IMG_3979.JPG IMG_3980.JPG IMG_3983.JPG IMG_3986.JPG IMG_3987.JPG IMG_3989.JPG
    IMG_3993.JPG
  10. shuswap1

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the update Brian. Was proposing this ride to a friend the other day and he asked about logging traffic, so this is timely info.