Perth 2 Alice via Outback hwy

Discussion in 'Australia' started by OziGsAdv, Jun 10, 2005.

1. Ozieadventure

Ozieadventure BEEAAMMEERR

Oddometer:
    Hello there, we have made our way up to alice springs along the great outback hwy, and have to say that it has been the adventure that we were chasing. First night was a piss up at Kalgoolie just to celebrate the begining of our trip, second was at Laverton third was 150Kms west of Warbuton forth was 70Kms East, Fith we made it to Ayres rock resort at night and starting to rain but just in time to watch the state of origin, there was some rivalry there as i am a NSW supporter and Simon is a Maroon, go the Blues !!! Anyway met some PPl from orange that offered us to put our tent up at the back of their tent in the Resort, Saved us about $30 camping fee. The next day we rode to Alice in the Pissing rain and i can tell you that was an adventure in its self, i am happy i have the full dririder gear but even that did not keep all the rain out. Writing now from a backpackers with hot showers and a roof from the rain, will have a look at the Camel Cup tomorrow and stay here for another couple of days, have no plans for the trip back but must be back at work next monday. Ok so now off the the Bojangles Saloon for some cold beverages when we get back to perth and get the photos sorted we will post a thread with them on there. Until then catch ya on the flip side , Bye from myself and simon. P.S Ran into two other GS adventures on the hwy as well.