Perun moto KTM 690 / Husqvarna 701 products

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by Perun, Apr 8, 2019.

1. Perun

Perun Been here awhile Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    More than few customers asked us how Kriega OS-Base fit on a 2019 KTM 690 Enduro equipped with Perun moto Luggage Rack SD and Heel Guards. Thanks to Geoff, who sent me pictures of his bike with that setup, we can confirm that this setup works great - fuel filler is free and bags are just where they are supposed to be. Thanks to pre-drilled holes on the rack, Kriega OS-rack loops can be easily bolted to the rack. Here is Geoff's setup, with two OS-18 Adventure packs mounted.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  2. Perun

Oddometer:
    KC-10ENG, tapdoubt and Yellow Pig like this.
  3. Perun

Oddometer:
  4. Perun

Oddometer:
    Julian Challis, from Adventure Bike Rider Magazine, recently tested Perun moto 2019 KTM 690 Enduro Luggage rack with Extension plate.

We received very positive feed back from him. Coming from so experienced rider, it makes us very proud.

Few photos of 2019 KTM 690 Enduro R Julian tested, taken by him.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    NSFW likes this.
  5. Perun

Oddometer:
    20191109_120544 copy.jpg
    NSFW, makar and tapdoubt like this.
  6. Perun

Oddometer:
    2019 KTM 690 Enduro R has improved geometry and different fuel tank / sub-frame than older bikes. This provides more room for the luggage, as tail is longer.

Here are few pictures of Mosko moto Reckless 40 bags and 1 gallon Rotopax can, fitted on our 2019 KTM 690 Enduro R, equipped with Perun moto KTM 690 Enduro R Lugagge rack SD. This setup still leaves enough room on the seat, as only rearmost part of the seat is covered by Reckless 40.

As with every Reckless 40 setup on this bike, refueling takes some time, but apart from that, everything works out great - bags are very narrow and hug the bike perfectly. I didn't used heat shield, as bags rest on the side fairings completely. One of the main advantages of Reckless 40 is very high build quality - in case of fall these bags act as cushion pillow and they can withstand lots of beating.

And carrying Rotopax provides additional 100 km range, very handy when exploring some remote back roads.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    makar, NSFW and CaseyB like this.
  7. Perun

Oddometer:
    20191115_114802 copy copy.jpg
    makar, NSFW and dragos like this.
  8. dragos

dragos Master of disaster.

Oddometer:
    Hey @Perun , can you tell if the rack for the 2019+ 690 would work reasonably well as passenger grab handles, or not at all?
    I would like the rack for my solo trips, but believe it or not, I do take my girlfriend as pillion on some offroad rides.
  9. Perun

Oddometer:
    Good question.

When I was designing Luggage rack for 2019 I had an idea to incorporate grab handles into design. I made few prototypes, but I wasn't satisfied. First, looks were massively compromised. Second, more important, having a grab handles integrated into design made fitment of some rack-less systems less than ideal.

So I designed outside contours of the rack to be larger than on our 2008-2018 models, providing good grip point for maneuvering the bike around the garage or for picking it up. Since edges are chambered it is safe to grab rack and push/pull the bike, even with bare hands.

20191204_080843.jpg

20191204_080857.jpg

When the pillion needs to grab the rack, situation is OK, but not perfect. On first photo, Andreja is grabbing the rack more forward than on second photo.

20191204_080728.jpg

20191204_080752.jpg

There is room for his fingers on the underside of the rack, but grab is not ideal.

20191204_080759.jpg

It will work for some short trips, but for longer trips something else may be required.

One solution is to mount OEM grab handles on top of the rack, but I wouldn’t suggest it as required bolts are too long – M8x100

I have an idea for some time, to fabricate small add-on grab handles. I could place them ideally, an install would be simple bolt-on procedure, so one can install/remove them in a minute. I have two versions sketched. I will dig into this in upcoming weeks. If you are interested, I will share my progress.
    dragos likes this.
  10. dragos

dragos Master of disaster.

Oddometer:
    Thanks a lot, very useful info!
    Perun likes this.