Perun moto KTM 690 / Husqvarna 701 products

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by Perun, Apr 8, 2019.

1. Perun

Perun Been here awhile Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    Thanks, I see the point.

If you are willing to do some drilling, you can put two 7 mm holes somewhere around red marks. Than you could mount Kriega rack loop on the rack. On 2019+ rack, we put pre-drilled holes there. Does this makes sense? Structural integrity won't be compromised with holes in that section.

IMG_2237.JPG
  2. Perun

Oddometer:
    Very good point, but I believe we got that covered.

Placement of the slots is result of several CAD and physical prototypes, and we tested various slots and angles, with Mosko moto R40, R80, Kriega OS-base + OS18 bags, Enduristan Blizzard XL (got em all, for testing purposes). Slots are 10 mm wide and have 4 mm edge radius and this provides enough room for fine adjustments of strap angles. Also, different length of slots also provides room for angle adjustment. Check photos below, with R40 bags mounted all the way to the back and all the way to the front, and notice difference in strap angle. Also, compare 2nd and 3rd photo and see what difference makes if top or bottom slot is used. There is little bunching on the second photo, but it is minimal. Straps are tightened to the max.

This is just for illustration purposes, no one will carry R40 this far to the back or front.

IMG_3904 copy.jpg
    IMG_3905 copy.jpg
    IMG_3906 copy.jpg

I agree 100%. But some people found hard grab handles useful.
    NSFW likes this.
  3. Mahhbechh

Mahhbechh Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thanks! Will give it a try.
  4. Mahhbechh

Mahhbechh Adventurer

Oddometer:

One quick but simple fix for this issue which is 100% applicable for all bags with straps no matter what angle they are is this solution i hereby present to you with my incredible Paint skills.

It can easily be removed and stored somewhere when not in use and it's both light weight and strong, and the R pin bold will make the plate pivot and align to whatever angle is needed. There are three options I can think of.

First one, just a single plate placed right next to the heel guard and held together with the R pin bolt. Will probably work just fine.

Second one is probably much harder to produce and more expensive too, but will destribute the pull force from the bag strap evenly on both sides of the pin.

Third is like no. 2 but thicker and probably easier to produce.

perun3.png
  5. Mahhbechh

Mahhbechh Adventurer

Oddometer:
    This is also an option. Cut the slots in a big radius which allows the strap to be in different angles depending on where the bag is positioned on the bike.

perun3 - Copy.png
    NSFW likes this.
  6. Perun

Oddometer:
    Hi, many thanks for creative ideas. It is refreshing to see someone else's ideas, always an inspiration. Last version seems best, radius slots are nice idea. We had that on previous version and it proved OK, but it didn't provide expected benefit. If you check closely, you will see how 25 mm strap would sit in that slot, outer edges of the strap would take all stress. And that radius is still not providing enough angle range. In order to provide more angle range, radius needs to be smaller, which will lead to even more bunching of the strap.

Annotation 2020-03-08 160011.jpg

Rest assured that there is nothing wrong with our current design. There are many ideas that are great on sketch table, but not needed in everyday use, or not easy to manufacture/design properly, or just unnecessary complication.

Space where rack-less luggage is mounted is limited to the back portion of the seat and rack. Someone will carry the bags 10-20 cm towards the back or towards the front, but that's still very limited range.

Size, edge radius and angles of the slots on our current Heel guards will offer perfect strapping point for almost all rack-less systems on the market. Tested with R40, R80, Blizzard XL, Kriega OS-Base. Perfect for all except R80. Good for R80, but not perfect due to the fact that side pockets of R80 are facing downwards and perfect strapping point would be much more towards the back of the bike. Imaginary R80 strap shown in green on the photo bellow (those are R40 on the photo). Notice that problem here is not in the angle, but in position of Heel guards.
    New, V3 R80 should fit much, much better.

IMG_3906 copy.jpg

Ideas with rotating part are good ones too. Hole on the Heel guards, for Kriega rack loop, is there for another reason too, but that is still in early testing stage. I am working on a G-hook that can be bolted to the Heel guards (or rack or anything...) and that has flat bearing. Hard for me to explain, but it will provide exactly the same thing.
    NSFW likes this.
  7. Mahhbechh

Mahhbechh Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Here is how I did it. Not 100% satisfied with the angle of the strap but it'll do for now. I'd want to move the kriega loop mounting holes more to the center of the rear rack, that would be great.
    DSC00735.JPG
    Perun likes this.
  8. Perun

Oddometer:
    Covid-19 update.

IMG_3943 copy3.jpg

Nothing much to say, it seems that we are all in this together. We are located in Belgrade, Serbia and wide range of anti pandemic measures are in force here, people are staying at home and in self isolation as much as they can.

Being very small company (only 3 of us), we are working as usual, manufacturing is not stopping as we have enough supplies and materials to continue production for two or three months.

We are still shipping as usual, once a week, on Tuesdays (or Wednesdays). DHL is doing a great job, they still deliver Worldwide and they plan to continue doing that.

Of course, we are experiencing major slowdown in orders, which is expected.

Knowing that many of us will use this time to work on the bikes and plan upcoming rides, and doing our best to deal with orders slowdown, we decided to offer 15% discount code, for all orders, starting on March 25th and ending on April 1st. In the spirit of battle against this disease, discount code is "FO-COVID-19" and "FO" stands for F... O.. Hopefully, it will FO soon. Discount code is applied automatically.

In the meantime, use your time wisely, follow instructions and be responsible towards yourself and others.

IMG_3979 copy1.jpg
  9. makar

makar Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Perun likes this.
  10. zekd

zekd Based in Austin, Texas.

Oddometer:
    Still doing a COVID sale? Would love to grab one of your mounts for my 701. Cheers.
  11. Perun

Oddometer:
    Nope, that sale lasted for one week.

Can't afford to offer any discounts now. DHL raised shipping prices, due to Covid situation (at least they say it's because of it). I decided not to raise shipping fee we charge to our customers and I am covering the difference now, so my profit margin is smaller. We will see how that will go.
    GF-kam, makar and zekd like this.
  12. zekd

zekd Based in Austin, Texas.

Oddometer:
    Understood. Appreciate the response! Just purchased :)
    Perun likes this.
  13. Perun

Oddometer:
    Thank you for your support!
    makar and zekd like this.
  14. welshboxer

welshboxer Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Any thoughts of doing any parts for the KTM 500 EXC in the near future?
  15. Perun

Oddometer:
    In not so near future maybe. My riding buddy is considering EXC 500 as his light adventure option. If he gets it, I would probably see if I can make some kind of rear rack for it. Unfortunately, there isn't single EXC500 in KTM's European warehouse at the moment, so he will have to wait for it.
  16. welshboxer

welshboxer Adventurer

Oddometer:
    That’s good news, a pannier rack would also be a good thing.
  17. Bike Guy

Bike Guy Long timer

Oddometer:
    @Perun,
    Anything in the works for the Yam T7
  18. Perun

Oddometer:
    Not at the moment. T7 is fantastic and I hope I will have a chance to try it out in the future. But in order to design proper products, I need more than few days on particular bike. :/
  19. Perun

Oddometer:
    We recently got Kriega OS-Base. I wanted to see for myself how this luggage system fits on my 2019 KTM 690 Enduro R, with Kriega OS-18 Adventure pack on each side.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

After several rides, I am more than happy with how this combo fits on 690.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Installation is a breeze and bags can be removed in no time. They fit very well, fuel opening is unobstructed. Although it is advisable, heat shield is not a necessity, as bags are sitting on the plastics entirely, not touching the silencer.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

On my bike, I have our own Perun moto 2019+ KTM 690 Enduro Luggage rack and Heel guards, which helped to place the bags and to tie them down perfectly.

This video shows how we mounted OS-Base on the 2019+ KTM 690 Enduro R.

And here is how we fitted Kriega US-20 and US-30 Drypack on the rear rack, using Kriega OS Rack loops and strap loops. When Kriega mounting hardware is properly used, Drypack can be mounted and removed in seconds. Following video illustrates how I mount US-20/US-30 Drypack on our rear rack.

Here is the bike with OS-18 Adventure pack on each side and US-20 Drypack on the rear rack.

[​IMG]

And here it is with OS-18 Adventure pack on each side and US-30 Drypack on the rear rack.

[​IMG]
    NSFW likes this.
  20. NSFW

NSFW basecamp4adv Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    excellent write up on the Kriega OS-Base install....:thumb

i'm going with pannier racks since i would like to ride my 701 for multi-weeks and need to bring more gear and supplies.

currently i'm very satisfied with my rear rack and looking to add pannier racks.

upload_2020-5-23_13-38-6.png

i am getting an Outback rack, just not so sure if it will fit with the Perun that i have. i know the Vanasche works but the features of the Outback serve my needs.

i appreciate greatly if someone can comment on the compatibility.

upload_2020-5-23_13-41-30.png