Perun moto KTM 790/1050/1090/1190/1290 products

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by Perun, Feb 15, 2019.

1. Perun

Perun Been here awhile Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    Hello everyone!

I am part of this online community for some time now and it had a great impact on my life. No, it's not an overstatement, it motivated me to quit my job and start my own motorcycle related business - Perun moto.

Some of you may know us as manufacturers of very well established products for 690 and 701 (Vendor page HERE), but last year we launched product line up for 790/1050/1090/1190/1290 family of bikes.
    To keep it clean and short, I won't introduce us in more details, for anyone interested here is link to our About us page.

What is important, IMO, is that we are focused on design and manufacture of travel related parts for adventure bikes we own and ride. Our products are highly customized and designed for small number of bikes. We use some unorthodox manufacturing techniques, in our own workshop, in order to achieve best possible quality and we use only high quality materials and hardware. Our aluminum products are milled, not just cut on WJ or laser; bent on special radius tooling; we use only high quality Wurth hardware; we use top-of-the-line IGP powders and so on.

We are always open to all ideas and suggestions. Also, all feed back is highly appreciated! You can reach me here, by PM, or by e-mail.

So, here is what we offer at the moment.

Our top product for large KTM's is highly versatile Top luggage rack.

Perun moto Top lugagge rack.jpg

Next, very useful if you plan to use rack-less luggage system - Lower side brackets.

IMG_0968.jpg

Both Top luggage rack and Lower side brackets are making use of rack-less system like Mosko moto Rackless 80 or Giant Loop Siskiyou more enjoyable. Check it out combined with Mosko moto - HERE, or Giant Loop - HERE.

Recently, after lots of prototyping, we released GPS Dashboard mount, made specifically for Garmin Montana. We yet have to test compatibility with other GPS units.

Perun moto GPS Dashboard mount.jpg

We always have several products in prototype and testing phase. Below is what we are currently working on.
    dooby, Andreja and Smallfry506 like this.
  2. Perun

Oddometer:
    Product in development.

This was something I had in mind from the time I got 1090, but for some reason it was on to-do list till recently.

Idea is to fabricate small-ish side plate that would serve as a platform for Tool tube, small waterproof tool roll or roll bag or even Rotopax. Goal is to make it as small as possible without compromising functionality and to make it as close to the bike as possible, so anything attached to it won't stick out too far. Next, strength was required, as this plate is in ideal spot to get a hold of the bike while lifting it after a nap. And at last, everything should fit nicely with some of rack-less bags installed, like Mosko moto Reckless 80 or Giant loop Siskyou.

Side rack plate proto.gif

IMG_0946-1.jpg

IMG_0960-1.jpg

IMG_0954-1.jpg

More pictures can be found HERE.

Although at first it didn't seem like difficult design task, it wasn't easy combining everything together. Here are few pictures of a prototype, used to evaluate positioning on the bike. It consists of two angled sub-brackets and one flat plate on top (plate for Rotopax will be a bit different and mounting of the Rotopax will only be possible on LHS). Design of the plate will suffer some changes, mostly to achieve more aesthetically pleasing looks. I found angle of the Tool tube and Kriega US-5 to be very good.

I am looking for some feed back - any ideas or suggestions?
  3. slartidbartfast

slartidbartfast Life is for good friends and great adventures Supporter

Oddometer:
    Southern Louisiana or Southern England or ...
    Suggest that some might like to mount dual tool tube if the appropriate mounting holes can be provided.
    Perun likes this.
  4. Perun

Oddometer:
    One above other, or one on each side?
  5. slartidbartfast

slartidbartfast Life is for good friends and great adventures Supporter

Oddometer:
    Southern Louisiana or Southern England or ...
    Stacked on one side. I doubt there's room above the exhaust to do that on both sides (but there might be.)

EDIT - Looking at your photos again, I think it would be no problem. In fact, heavy, compact tools on the exhaust side and a modestly-sized soft luggage option on the other might be a good balance for some.
    Perun likes this.
  6. Perun

Oddometer:
    Yes, it is doable. Idea is to have two piece bracket that is bolted to the bike and plate bolted to it. That plate is what you see on photos. I had in mind to fabricate plate similar in size to that on the photo, and another one, larger, for Rotopax can, that was to be used on other side. That larger plate can be made so it can be bolted to exhaust side too, and to accept two Tool tubes, one above other. I will get on that on Monday. Good idea, thanks!
  7. Captain Excellent

Captain Excellent +ll+

Oddometer:
    That side carrier plate is an excellent idea. Couple of questions.
    - Do you know how this would affect the soft luggage? Still good with MM's Reckless system? I.e. with a tool tube?
    - What is the likelyhood it will fit with a hard pannier rack? I like to use the Mosko system that mounts on the pannier racks and having this sort of hard tool carrier case would be a great option that could stay with the bike even without the luggage, i.e. day trips.

At this rate of innovation I'm going to end up with a full compliment of your products, great work.
  8. milq

milq Long timer

Oddometer:
    Love the side plate idea! When I use my Kreiga U.S. setup I always seem to struggle with where to carry my tire kit, air pump, etc. This could solve that problem and keep the load low.
    AllSeasonRider, WorldEater and Perun like this.
  9. Perun

Oddometer:
    It will affect soft luggage, in positive way. It will add a support just where it's needed. Here is how it looks with Mosko Moto Reckless 80. As you can see, it is almost not noticeable that there is Tool tube under it.
    This is how I carry MM80, because I don't travel with a pillion, but if you mount them more to the back, it's good too.
    I tested it with Giant Loop Siskiyou too, and it works great too.

IMG_0980.jpg IMG_0987.jpg
    IMG_0981.jpg

It won't fit with pannier rack, as it use same mounting spots. Check this out - https://www.ktm.com/en/powerparts/t...el=F9903RC&category=KE3-16007230/KE4-16007232
  10. Perun

Oddometer:
    Yes, some small space is always lacking. I removed canister, so I have room under the seat, but I keep air compressor and some tools there. I miss room for spare tyre and rest of the tools.
  11. WorldEater

WorldEater Hessian Metalhead

Oddometer:
    Me too!

@Perun
    I would love to use the Side Plates on my Weekend-Trips in May. Is it possible, that they are available then?
    Perun likes this.
  12. Perun

Oddometer:
    I am working on final design. Hopefully, tomorrow I will mill another prototype. So by the end of next week we should have production ready design. It is realistic to expect first batch by the end of March latest.
    WorldEater likes this.
  13. WorldEater

Oddometer:
    Sounds awesome!
  14. NSFW

NSFW basecamp4adv Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    very happy with my new perun extension. perfect fit and less than 5 minutes to install. this bike is ready for the 2019 noobs rally

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Perun and elron like this.
  15. Perun

Oddometer:
    Thanks Joel. Take care! :clap
  16. NSFW

NSFW basecamp4adv Super Supporter

Oddometer:

a few more Perun parts came in yesterday. thanks Nikola.

already installed the heel guard...perfect.

the other 2 racks will make a couple of people very happy.
    Perun likes this.
  17. Perun

Oddometer:
    Quick update on Tool tube bracket.

Bracket is now smaller. Position of the Tool tube is adjusted and now it sits even closer to the bike. Tool tube can be mounted very easily, without removing the bracket from the bike.

IMG_1187.jpg

IMG_1198.jpg

IMG_1247.jpg

Of course, this is still just a prototype. Production version will have all edges chamfered and it will be powder coated in matte black.

Also, we are testing how small duffle bags will fit here, with help of additional brackets.

IMG_1164.jpg

So far, I am happy with the progress. We will do more prototypes next week.
  18. WorldEater

Oddometer:
    Is it possible to mount a Kriega US-10 on the left sided Bracket?
  19. Perun

Oddometer:
    I tried it with full US-5 and it's perfect. There is still some room left and I will try it with US-10 on Monday. Lower flanges are 90 degrees, but upper are more open, so different sizes of bags can fit. This is proto, so I still have some adjustments to add.
    Andreja and WorldEater like this.
  20. Perun

Oddometer:
    If someone from UK is interested in our KTM 1090/1190 mount for Garmin Montana (only for Montana!) let me know - inmate from UK order it to try something out (to mount Garmin 590LM) but it is of no use to him (595LM is larger than Montana). He just tried it out. So he will forward it to someone from UK. 20% off the price and free shipping.