Perun moto KTM 790/1050/1090/1190/1290 products

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by Perun, Feb 15, 2019.

1. WorldEater

WorldEater Hessian Metalhead

Oddometer:
    Excuse my impatience...

Is there any progress with the Side Racks?
  2. Perun

Perun Been here awhile Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    :) Thank you for your interest!

Actually, there is some progress.

I made several prototypes. Now I am busy with new 690, so I sent last prototype to be cut on water jet, to save some time. I hope this will be final version.

I wanted to place Tooltube as close to the bike as I could and I achieved that. Very happy with it.

Next, I was searching for a way to bolt Tooltube to the plate without removing the plate (plate is close to the bike, you can't access the bolt from behind, to hold it). Solved that too, very elegant solution. :)

And I spent most time thinking about flanges for small soft luggage. See early prototype below. When you mount Tooltube flanges are almost invisible and they are very useful to strap US-5 or similar 5 liter bag or tool roll. Flanges will be integral part of final side racks.

20190315_141708.jpg

Tested all with Wings and OEM can, works great.

Overall, I am sure it will be great.

Estimated launch date I can't promise. But I should have final prototype finished early next week, 2-3 days to test it and think about it a bit more. Than if all goes well, I will start first production batch. One month from now is reasonable. I am already making spacers and I ordered bolts and 3D washers, since I finished that part of design.

Cheers!
  3. Perun

Oddometer:
    New 2019 KTM 690 Enduro R finally arrived.

IMG_1303.jpg IMG_1313.jpg IMG_1399.jpg

I still didn't have a chance to ride it, as import paperwork is not yet finished. Checking it out in the workshop, I can say I am impressed with attention to details and work that has put into improving small things. I am falling into a coma as it was exhausting day, so I don't have time to get into details, but we tried to take photos of some highlights.
    Seat seems better. The way it is attached to the bike is improved over previous versions, no more flimsy slot in the plastic pan. It is also much more firm and it is wider in the back.
    New front fender, much stiffer than flimsy one from 2014-2018 bikes. Homage to 2008 bike.
    Rear of the bike it wider than on previous version, mainly because tank is wider. Rest of the bike is very slim.
    Finally rear light is bright, so there is some chance other riders may see you.
    Turn signals are LED, at least for European models. Headlight is very nice, and cables are routed through it. Switch for TC and ride modes looks nice.
    USB charging port on the LHS of headlight.
    Clutch and brake lever seems shorter than on previous models, but I may be wrong.
    Reg-rec is now exposed to airflow, so it will be cooler. Plastic fairings are coming off very easy, only 5 bolts are holding entire rear fairing. Side panels don't use any bolts, yet all looks very tough. There is room for tool kit under LHS side panel.
    Tool kit looks nice (bottle opener still here) and bag seems like it will endure more than orange one.
    Graphics are not stickers, but "imprinted" into plastics.
    Air-box seems improved too, plastic seams look better and it feels stronger. There are some new support brackets holding it in place. We'll see about this.
    It seems that rubber bushings around upper tank bolts are beefier, we'll see about that too.
    Brembo. Galfer. Mitas E-07. X-plor. Quick-shifter. TC amd riding modes. Lean angle ABS. That is well known...
    Gas evap. canister must go out soon. Siren is in wrong place still. Handlebar guards are cosmetic. Mirrors looks funny. Silencer is nuclear reactor still, hope Wings will come out with their product soon.

More photos here - https://www.perunmoto.com/blogs/blog/2019-ktm-690-enduro-r-first-impressions
    Andreja, Rockingm and NSFW like this.
  4. WorldEater

WorldEater Hessian Metalhead

Oddometer:
    Would be awesome, if i could use it on my short Trip to France, starting 27. April.
    But that could be a bit short in time with shipping. ;)
    Would you sell your first prototype, that you've showed here ...? :evil
    I could powder coat it by myself...
  5. Perun

Oddometer:
    23 USD for shipping and it's yours. :) It is fully functional, so you really could use it. If that's OK, just e-mail or PM your shipping details and phone (DHL needs the phone).
    Andreja likes this.
  6. NSFW

NSFW basecamp4adv Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    we're starting to see a lot of perun products at the noobs rally...it hasn't even started....:ricky

[​IMG]
    Andreja and Perun like this.
  7. Perun

Oddometer:
    Nice 690!
  8. Antikid

Antikid Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    would a 1 or 2 gal rotopax fit on your 1190 rear rack with the mosko R80 on top of it?
  9. Perun

Oddometer:
    I will be in the workshop on Wednesday and i will try it out. I believe it will work out, maybe it will be little bulky.
  10. Antikid

Oddometer:
    Thanks!!
    I have the Rumbux rear crash bars and don't really want to spend $$ for different ones. I have a PVC pipe tube/camp fuel bottle storage
    thing on the inside of the left crash bar. I could move it and put a rotopax there and find a different spot for the tube and bottle I guess.

The big thing for me is I ride with a passenger, so I have to have the R80 as far back as possible. Your rack looks like it could let the R80 go back a bit more.

Here is a pic of how I had it loaded last year. I hope to not bring as much this year, but theres only so much I can do. I am worried about everything being even higher up, so I am just
    brainstorming at this point.

I'll get your rear rack regardless. It looks sweet.

20180627_104828.jpg
  11. Perun

Oddometer:
    Thanks! I am glad you like it. That is one really loaded bike. :D

If you weren't riding with a passenger, you could use Reckless 80 in front of Rotopax.

20190327_170139.jpg

Since you do, you could mount Reckless 80 on top of Rotopax, 1 gallon shown here. Right "pocket" is touching the silencer, but I guess Rumbux will prevent this. Not very elegant, but it could work.

20190327_170436(0).jpg 20190327_170445.jpg 20190327_170457.jpg

Please let me know if you have any questions!
    Antikid likes this.
  12. Perun

Oddometer:
    Become a better rider with this fabulous bear paw foot stand enlarger!

[​IMG]

Our version of foot stand enlarger for KTM 790, 1X90's and 2019 690 Enduro R. Doesn't fit on 2008-2018 KTM 690's.

Two piece design, upper is laser cut stainless steel, lower is milled out of 8 mm aluminum. Powder coated to mat black. Hardware is stainless steel too. Since pocket for OEM foot stand is approx. 5 mm deep, it adds only 3 mm rise.

https://www.perunmoto.com/collections/ktm-1050-1090-1190-1290/products/ktm-790-1x90-bearstand

Only for Advrider members, we have some kind of special offer. We milled first batch as a test batch. After this batch, I implemented some minor subtle changes into design. First test batch is fully functional and it looks same as production batch, except production batch has 1 mm more material around bolt holes - cosmetic issue. Advrider members interested in this first test batch, can have Bearstand for symbolic 2 USD (+23 USD DHL Express shipping) - use BearstandADV discount code on checkout.

I would appreciate if you would post pictures with Bearstand on your bike, on Instagram and Facebook and use #perunmotobearstand tag!

IMG_1546.jpg IMG_1536.jpg IMG_1556.jpg IMG_1574.jpg
    Andreja, TrailTrauma and islano like this.
  13. Antikid

Oddometer:
    thanks a TON for doing that! I ordered a rotopax and will play around with mounting it.
    I think having it all that much higher would be noticeable...
  14. TrailTrauma

TrailTrauma Nemophilist

Oddometer:
    These Bearstands are awesome Nikola!! I was just thinking I'll need to get a larger end for my 790's side stand, and here it is :)

:beer:
    Perun likes this.
  15. Perun

Oddometer:

Maybe Rotopax in place of tube would be better...
    Antikid likes this.
  16. Perun

Oddometer:
    Thanks!
  17. Perun

Oddometer:
    Final confirmation - KTM 790 use same bolt pattern for rear grab handles as 1090/1190/1290. So, top luggage racks for 1090/1190/1290 (including our own Perun moto Top luggage rack) fit on 790 too.

There is one thing to note - thread engagement is much smaller on 790, compared to 1X90 models, especially on rear threads. This means that shorter bolts needs to be used, to prevent bottoming out. Thread engagement used for OEM grab handles is just 8 mm. This is minimum for M8 steel bolt. Good thing is that thread locker can be safely used (i.e. Loctite 243), so it will work out just fine. Shorter bolts are included in hardware pack of our rack since today, but it will be easy to source it locally for other racks too.

Pictures, thanks to @Apo !

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    Allucaneat and Antikid like this.
  18. Strelok

Strelok Too weird to live, to rare to die.

Oddometer:
    Couldn't find a Perun 690/701 thread so posting here.

Lost one of the bolts out of my 701 luggage rack, the longer one, along with it's spacers.
    Where can I get replacement hardware? Ideally Torx instead of hex.
  19. Perun

Oddometer:
    Bolts incoming!
    Allucaneat, TrailTrauma and Strelok like this.
  20. Perun

Oddometer:
    Quick update about 2019 KTM 690 Enduro Luggage rack - we got the bike finally from Customs, rack is in final design stage. Prototyping will begin tomorrow.

I expect final product will be ready for shipping by the end of April, mid May latest.

So far, very happy with progress and model.

We are keeping two piece design, this is just upper piece.

Perunmoto.jpg
    Andreja and TrailTrauma like this.