Perun moto KTM 790/1050/1090/1190/1290 products

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by Perun, Feb 15, 2019.

1. AllSeasonRider

AllSeasonRider Wandering, maybe a little lost...

Oddometer:
    Left is holding front and rear tubes, rim protectors, bailing wire, Paracord, and has a little room left. Right side has dirt napper, snap jack, tire levers, knife, and also room to spare. The dirt napper is a touch too long for the bag, but fits well enough. Haven't sorted the strap situation yet, but these small 303 Rolies seem to be made for these racks. I also test fitted my 1.5 liter fuel bottles and they're good to go as well. 20190524_182632.jpg 20190524_182656.jpg 20190524_182708.jpg 20190524_182715.jpg
  2. Cabrito

Cabrito On the mend 76% Supporter

Oddometer:
    I'm really liking my PreRun GPS, Tail Rack, and side racks..

I added a safety cable to my Montana
    --
    [​IMG]
    --

The Wolfman Tail Bag fits great on the Rack
    --
    [​IMG]
    --

Small Molle Bag on the Right side with Voile Straps
    --
    [​IMG]
    --

--
    The Voile straps are quick to put on and remove - I had to make a quick adjustment on my mirror so the tool kit came out.
    [​IMG]
    --

The larger Molle bag fits perfectly.
    --
    [​IMG]
    --
    ScooterNoMore, yosso and Perun like this.
  3. Perun

Perun Been here awhile Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    Kai was one of our first customers with KTM 790 Adventure R. He is using Perun moto KTM 790/1X90 Top luggage rack. Kai removed OEM passenger grab handles and he is using our optional Subplate to mount top rack as low as possible and flush with OEM seat.

Many slots on the rack come very handy for securing Enduristan Blizzard L saddlebags, Tornado 2L roll bag and Pannier topper bag on the tail. These bags makes great luggage setup, but there are plenty straps to tie down. Once tied, everything is firm and rock solid.

20190607_155203.jpg 20190607_155249.jpg 20190607_155236.jpg 20190607_171310.jpg
  4. WillDieSoon

WillDieSoon Adventurer

Oddometer:
    So finally got my 790 this week and got around to putting on the rear rack and side stand bear paw. Love these pieces, but had to make the whole in the bear paw top plate larger because of the huge weld on the kick stand.

I didn’t have my camera or phone in the garage so will take photos next time I am out there.

P.S. when it says to not over tighten the the screws on the bear paw there is a reason, they break.
  5. BruceWayne

BruceWayne Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I've got exactly the same on my 790 - great minds :)

I didn't have any issues with the bear paw fitting for mine. I got one of the prototype bear paw models though, so don't know if that would have made a difference.
    Perun likes this.
  6. Perun

Oddometer:
    What model is your 790, R or "non-R"? Non-R is shorter, so kickstand angle is sharper, and weld is much beefier. I recently realized that and put a note on the product page that it fits only R model of 790. Sorry if I did that too late and you didn't notice it on time. Is it OK now?

Bolts are stainless, so they can endure mud and all. If you broke one, it should be easy to source it locally. M4x16 countersunk stainless bolt.
    TrailTrauma likes this.
  7. WillDieSoon

WillDieSoon Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Non-R, I got it to fit with some surgery to the top plate, but I won’t post a pick of it until I re-paint it.

Love the rear rack, great quality.

IMG_1199.jpg
    IMG_1200.jpg
    Perun likes this.
  8. Perun

Oddometer:
    Looking good! :)

Sorry about foot stand, let me know when/if you need something else from us, I will make a discount to make up for late notification on web site.
    FireDog45 likes this.
  9. CaseyB

CaseyB Adventually Supporter

Oddometer:
    Love the rear rack on my 790 R. I can tell you put a lot of care and thought into your products. Even the packaging was well done.

[​IMG]
    Although the picture doesn’t give the rack center stage, it did allow me to get my soft luggage where I wanted it. Which is exactly what I had envisioned prior to even having the bike. Thank you very much
  10. milq

milq Long timer

Oddometer:
    I meant to mention that too. I was very impressed with the packaging for the 1190 side carriers, shows a higher level of pride in the product.
    CaseyB and Perun like this.
  11. Perun

Oddometer:
    Recently I received Fatty tool roll from Mosko moto. Like all Mosko moto stuff, very cleaver design and excellent built quality. It is not small, but it can accept lots of tools. Unique feature of this tool roll is that it is waterproof.

This makes it ideal to be mounted on Perun moto 1X90 Side carrier.

[​IMG]

90 degrees bottom flanges on the Side carrier prevent tool roll from sliding down, no matter how heavy it is.

[​IMG]

And placement of the slots is perfect match for this tool roll.

[​IMG]

Here is front view of Tool tube / Fatty tool roll combo. Profile is narrow enough.

[​IMG]

If Reckless 80 is carried on 1090, 1190 or 1290, there is a gap under the bag base. Exactly this space is utilized by Side carriers.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  12. CaseyB

Oddometer:
    Any plans for something similar for the 790?

Very slick regardless.
    empedrado and TrailTrauma like this.
  13. TrailTrauma

TrailTrauma Nemophilist

Oddometer:
    Even if it's designed to go on my 790 sans rear plastics. I NEVER have the rear plastics on so my rear subframe is always exposed and available to mount something like these side carriers. Travelling light, I'm certain a lot of riders would gladly dispense with the rear plastics in favour of being able to mount more roomy and functional tubes, or larger tool kits etc IMHO.
    ScooterNoMore likes this.
  14. CaseyB

Oddometer:
    Yeah, absolutely without the plastics. Thanks for adding that thought, I was thinking it by default but didn't express it.
    TrailTrauma likes this.
  15. Perun

Oddometer:
    For this kind of projects, I need to have the bike. To make this right, more than few prototypes are required.
    I hope I'l get 790 by the end of the year. Than I will be all over this. :) It will be great for 790, I already have some ideas. Thanks for idea about removing rear plastics, that didn't cross my mind.
    CaseyB, empedrado and TrailTrauma like this.
  16. empedrado

empedrado Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Personal preference would be to have the left side a little wider than the 1090 to accommodate something the size of a Kriega 10L , the right or exhaust side similar to the 1090 which is perfect for a 5L.

Have been using a 10L on the 1090, but if a little wider would be a better fit.
    Perun likes this.
  17. Perun

Oddometer:
    We just got back from a ride. It was 1300 km four day camping trip, with approx 500 off road kilometers. From Belgrade to Kopaonik and Pester, than to Bjelasica and off to Montenegro TransEuroTrail. After that, Bosnia and back to Belgrade.

This was excellent opportunity to test our 1X90 product line-up.

My bike was equipped with Mosko moto Reckless 80 bag, my favorite luggage system for this bike. Bag was very secure, strapped to our 790/1X90 Top Luggage rack (with additional Subplate) and 1X90 Lower Side Brackets. OEM grab handles were removed. I like to carry Reckless 80 over the passenger seat, so weight is centralized. Also, this leaves enough space on the top rack, behind R80, for a tent. Under R80, I had our 1X90 Side Carriers with Mosko moto Fatty Tool Roll on one side and Kriega US-5 bag on other side. That way, all my tools, spare tires, tire repair kit and air compressor were under the R80, not taking up valuable space in the bags. More, my Garmin Montana GPS unit was mounted on Perun moto 1090/1190 GPS Dashboard Mount and I had Bearstand installed.

Oleg's bike was set up almost identically, except he was using Giant Loop Siskiyou panniers, his favorite bag. Also, he used generic 10 liters dry bag instead of Fatty tool roll. Using Perun moto 1X90 Lower Side Brackets really helped to position GL panniers perfectly. Also, having 1X90 Side Carriers helped a lot - panniers were resting on the dry bags and were perfectly secure.

This way, we had more than enough room for camping gear, food, water and clothes. And more, all was very accessible and tidy, with plenty of extra room. Bikes performed great, as weight was very centralized. Also, in my case, R80 acted as cushion pillow when I dropped the bike on rocky trails (twice).

Pictures!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  18. splitdec

splitdec Just started

Oddometer:
    Hi, I know you are making stuff purposely for bikes you guys ride by yourself (ktms / africa twin) , but is there any chance that you'll make some adapter or rack for Tenere 700? Thank you :)

p.s. I can bring you my t700 if you need one for taking measures and making prototypes :)
  19. TBTSyncro

TBTSyncro Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    and this is how it looks on the back of an Aprilia Tuono with a custom Hepco and Becker Sport Rack. :)
    IMG_20190831_132013.jpg
    TrailTrauma likes this.
  20. Perun

Oddometer:
    Hi there! Sorry, I neglected this thread for a while. Very busy days in the workshop.

If you can bring your Tenere here, we can sure make a rack for it. :) I am serious, just PM if you can do it. Rack will be free, of course.
    NSFW likes this.