Peurto Vallarta riding

Discussion in 'Latin America' started by gsstampeder, May 24, 2019.

1. gsstampeder

gsstampeder Long timer

Oddometer:
    Anyone know what the riding is like around PV? Was recently in Bucerias and I'm curious to know what the riding is like in this area. The surrounding mountain areas look like they'd be great exploring by bike....
  2. Cal

Cal Long timer

Oddometer:
    I have ridden in this area many times, I usually stay in Lo de Marcos and then ride up to Tequila or Chapala . Bucerias is a little busy for me but have stayed there also. Along the coast is great but like you said the Mtns. to the east are incredible if you like remote jungle and fabulous scenery. With a name like gsstampeder are you in Alberta?
    going south and Animo like this.
  3. going south

going south hero & Zero...

Oddometer:
    Like Cal, I have done a bit of wandering around there, I think I was just North of Guayabitos when cal road up on me.... Hi @Cal
    Anyway, East of PV is the Pueblo Magico of San Sebastian del Oeste, I wasn't to impressed with San Sebastian... but the road out there is kinda fun, lots of improved dirt roads and little towns to visit.. there is one mostly dirt road that runs from San Sebastian to Ahuacatlan, thats on old Hwy 15 and easy on a big bike..I did San Blas, Ahuacatlan, San Sebastian, and was in Bucerias by Beer thirty, with lots of stops for pic's...
  4. stormdog

stormdog Long timer

Oddometer:
    It could not be done as a day loop from PV but if you ride to San Sebastián go past Mascota then turn right at the next town I was able to ride dirt all the way to the coast. I came out 30 or 40 miles south of PV.
  5. BikeMex

BikeMex Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    There is a lot of good riding here. ON and Off Road. Only the road from PV to Bucerias and further north is not good riding :-)
    Cal likes this.
  6. Clem Connor

Clem Connor n00b

Oddometer:
    I'm new to this forum but I've been a lurker for a while. I was curious, bikemex says there is not much riding north does anyone else disagree? I've seen online some pretty cool waterfalls and what not to visit up north of PV as well as some lakes. Didn't know if these spots entailed any off road riding or if its all highway/street accessible. Down here on vacation currently but thinking about planning a riding trip down here. These were some spots I was looking at riding to within a few hours of PV. Does anyone know any good destination riding spots around PV as well?

lago santa maria del oro
    santa Teresa del nayar(indigenous community but thought it'd be cool to checkout)
    pila del rey petroglyphs in altavista
    el cora waterfall
    sierra del nayar river/mountain area
    cascada de yalapa
    sanganguey volcano
    ceboruco volcano