Photobucket Fixer -- see all Photobucket images again!

Discussion in 'Ask Baldy, Blame Cannonshot' started by jlevers, Sep 17, 2017.

1. LukasM

LukasM Long timer

Oddometer:
    On a RTW ride - currently touring the U.S.
    I'd love to have a working version of this extension, super annoying not to be able to see pictures in so many of the older threads....
  2. slartidbartfast

slartidbartfast Life is for good friends and great adventures Supporter

Oddometer:
    Southern Louisiana or Southern England or ...
    Photobucket now shows those old photos - but makes them blurry with a watermark. Not sure if there's a way around that.
  3. LukasM

LukasM Long timer

Oddometer:
    On a RTW ride - currently touring the U.S.
    I know, and I bet there is a way to do it, if you simply change a letter in the address it will show fine.

I wish they would allow paying users that are logged in to see all pics, the previous approach to just blackmail everybody doesn't appear to have worked out so well....
  4. slartidbartfast

slartidbartfast Life is for good friends and great adventures Supporter

Oddometer:
    Southern Louisiana or Southern England or ...
    I would have happily paid a small annual fee but the outrageous blackmail just soured me completely. Some time when I have more time, I will go back and fix all my ride reports so the photos are hosted on ADVRider and will keep supporting this site rather than one that tried to screw me over.
  5. jlevers

jlevers Type 2 fun Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    I don't have a workaround for the blurring of images, and honestly, since they were straightforward about the fact that they would limit the external hosting bandwidth for free accounts, and charge a competitive rate for their paid accounts (I think around $55 a year?), I don't think that the blurring is particularly unreasonable of them.

That being said, I worked with ADV to re-host most of the Photobucket pictures on ADV, so that those photos would never disappear again. Can you point me to an image that's getting blurred out on ADV?