Photos from Michaux SF Pennsylvania

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Day Trippin'' started by JaxObsessed, Oct 29, 2010.

1. PineLaneRider

PineLaneRider Long timer

Oddometer:
    Between Michaux and Tuscarora State Forests
    I was heading up that section and had to stop for a couple pedal bikers coming down at insane speed. Those guys had kahones!
  2. fitzPA

fitzPA Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    i was camping out in Caledonia SP last week hoping to ride some of my favorite roads
    out in Michaux and noticed that a lot of the gates across the roads were closed

(Piney Mountain is an example);

Can someone who is local explain when the gates open and why they close them?

thanks
  3. Paebr332

Paebr332 Good news everyone!

Oddometer:
    Most of the gates are only open for a few weeks during fall hunting season. Piney Mountain Ridge Road opens the Friday before Memorial Day and is open into the fall.
    Lupin 3rd likes this.
  4. Ride1st

Ride1st Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    IMG_0752.jpg
    Gate at Biesecker Gap rd and Swift rd was open today. Nice 2 track that goes nowhere. Google maps calls it Curran’s rd and then changes to Chimney Rock before it dead ends.
  5. Paebr332

Paebr332 Good news everyone!

Oddometer:
    I was part of the trail team for the Michaux Dual Sport this year and got to ride the normally forbidden trails on Thursday through Sunday last week. And I took exactly 0 pictures.

So I got the Uly out and rode a bit in Michaux yesterday between the rain storms.

Up at Buzzard's Rock:

50793E60-85AE-4B41-AFD8-7AFFA4913046.jpeg

This gate was open on Sunday for the final of the 11 options. The gate is at the top of Midnight Ridge trail.

648D7B92-D0D9-47F3-AA76-CD72AA58597C.jpeg
    black top bob, TowPro and norton73 like this.