Photos of the North Cascades Hwy.

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by Mr. Cob, May 13, 2002.

1. Mr. Cob

Mr. Cob Howling "Mad", Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Howdy All,

I went on a recon ride over the NCH, with some sportbike riding friends of mine. I took some pic's so you guys who are going to attend the First annual "Adventure Riders Gathering of the Clans", can get a glimps of what is in store for you.

I left my R1, at home and rode "Gertrude", the folks on the sportbikes who had never riddin with a GS in thier midst were sure suprised when they could not shake me in the corners, they did wait for me on the strights streches, I need MORE power.

I didn't take any pic's of eastern Washington, we were having way to much fun to stop for pic's. Also the road up to the overlook at Washington Pass, was still blocked by snow so I could not get pic's of the spectacular views from there, you folks will just have to ride up there and see for yourselfs:thumb

Check out this url for the pic's.

http://www.pbase.com/mr_cob/north_cascades_hwy

I am really looking forward to meeting and riding with all of you folks who can make this gathering, I know I can speak for all of us locals when I say we will do our best to show you a great time.
  2. Marc

Marc Just sayin...

Oddometer:
    Contrary to Mr. COB's statement, I believe these pictures were taken on 05JulXX (can't determine the year). It is common knowledge that our summer starts and ends on that date. Yes, we do have good weather up here...you just have to be here on that particular day. In case you're searching for a nice place to spend the entire summer, I hear Houston or Baton Rouge is the "hot" tip...

Marc
  3. fish

fish Banned

Oddometer:
    Mr. Cob. Yer avatar skeers me :twitch
  4. Mr. Cob

Mr. Cob Howling "Mad", Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Howdy Fish,

Well I can't be held responsiable for your fears, in this case it's your own damned fault. :rofl I asked for your help :1zhelp in finding an avatar depicting a rabid wolf. :evil The avatar I now have is one of the pictures "you" sent me to pick from, by the way THANK YOU :beer