Photos on Flickr can no longer be imbedded

Discussion in 'Ask Baldy, Blame Cannonshot' started by gperkins, Oct 23, 2018.

1. gperkins

gperkins graeme

Oddometer:
    For more than two years I've been uploading my photos to my Flickr account, then inserting the hyper link in our RR without issue, so as to display the photos in the RR, https://advrider.com/f/threads/rtw-on-a-h-a-t-in-the-slow-lane.1172713/ But from yesterday ( 23 Oct 2018 ) i can no longer do this.

I'm aware that in the last year Smugmug bought out Flickr. So i guess my question is. Whats changed and what do i need to do, so as to continue writing up our RR?
  2. gperkins

gperkins graeme

Oddometer:
    Please disregard the above, I've nutted out the problem. Mods, you can nuke this thread if you choose.
  3. advNZer?

advNZer? Long timer

Oddometer:
    do you want to elaborate/I noticed last time i tried this something had changed and wasnt as straight forward as it used to be
  4. gperkins

gperkins graeme

Oddometer:
    In my case I've been pricing flights and as you may know if you do this several times the price creeps northward. So I cleaned out both my cache & cookies, so as to try and get the best price. But this also deletes all your preset passwords and preferences etc. Thus you need to laboriously input all this information. Soooo, having finally realised all this I was able to then go back to my Flickr account, log in and then select the "BB" option when you bring up the desired photo that you want to link to your Advrider post. I hope all that makes sense.
  5. ag_streak

ag_streak Tiene Ruta Cuarenta? Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    If it's still like I remember, copying the BB link like that allows people on advrider to click your photo and get into your Flickr album, and see your other photos, unless you set the privacy settings correctly on your albums and each photo you uploaded to Flickr.

Instead, you can click "View All Sizes" from the bottom icon (inverted arrow), choose a size, right-click on the photo, and choose "Copy Image". Then paste that into your advrider post when you're composing it.

Then, if someone on advrider clicks on your pic, they get nada...

I'm no expert, I just learned that a few months ago!
    Jazz62 and gperkins like this.
  6. ag_streak

Oddometer:
    @gperkins , yeah! I just found a pic in one of your advrider posts, clicked on it, and I can see your whole Flickr photostream!
    gperkins likes this.
  7. gperkins

gperkins graeme

Oddometer:
    Cheers ag_streak I don't mind at all people viewing all my photos on my Flickr account. It is public after all. Although I am far from certain, I think only I can make the link from my account to any other web page, Advrider for example, once I have logged into my Flickr acc. Then again I could well be barking up the wrong tree altogether.

I was just happy to figure out how to continue with my RR. Not being at home anymore deprives me of easy access to our computer literate progeny. :lol3
  8. ag_streak

Oddometer:
    Well, I saw your full name, who's following you, etc. and you could have pics of your family, kids, etc. that some idiot might leverage... something to consider. :beer
  9. ag_streak

Oddometer:
    Well, no. I was able to copy a random photo from your album and paste it here. :doh

[​IMG]
  10. gperkins

gperkins graeme

Oddometer:
    Ah OK, well at the end of the day I'm not too fussed. Maybe I can change something in the privacy settings. I'm just happy that I can continue with the blog. I will have a look and play around with the Flickr account though. Cheers ag_streak
  11. gperkins

gperkins graeme

Oddometer:
    Ok, I've just altered my privacy/security settings on my Flickr account. Now I believe only I can download my photos. I have been known to be wrong before though.
  12. ag_streak

Oddometer:
    I think that worked.

What settings do you change?