Phuck me! Bike stolen last night...

Discussion in 'GS Boxers' started by 91Eunos, Oct 17, 2009.

1. 91Eunos

91Eunos zipper suited sun god

Oddometer:
    So my brand new bike with less than 200 miles was stolen from my neighbor's carport last night. We have a tiny one-car garage here and with my wife's new Audi parked in there there's no room for the GS...just my tools, some shelves and the kid's bikes.

I put her to bed last night and when we returned from my son's soccer game I noticed the bike was gone. Needless to say after confiming it hadn't been moved I was on the phone w/the Polizei and spent all afternoon down at the central station filing reports...the Germans are nothing if not thourough w/the paperwork.

The thing is, the carport is blocked on all sides....he parks his truck and BMW "hoopty" commuter car on the side and his wife parks her SUV in front of the bikes (my bike was parked next to his). With the bike locked, the only way they could have gotten it out of there is to have lifted it over a short (~ 4 foot) fence into their back yard and then carried around to the side yard and over another fence. All this without waking up their 120# Rottweiler... WTF.

Good thing I stayed up all night (in my garage!) putting on ~$850 worth of Touratech stuff 4 nights before it was stolen, huh? :baldy

I'm insured but I'll still lose the deductable not to mention the work I put into the bike already...and who knows what this will do to my rates... Hell I just got my Certificate of Origin yesterday and it's not even titled yet!

I really wanted an '09 too; I'm sure the '10s will be great bikes but I'm not hot to experiment w/the more complex valvetrain w/the new DOHC heads. I like proven stuff and almost never buy a new model car the 1st year they're out. I wanted exactly what I had...a new 2009 GS!

It's been years since I've owned anything other than a dirt bike...my first strret bike in almost 17 years and after saving my pennies and doing all teh right things to be in a position to afford a bike thike this, I have it 2 weeks before some asshat who thinks he deserves teh bike more than me steals it!

I know it's just a bike but I still feel violated. These asshats had to have been watching for this opportunity and now I don't feel as safe in what I thought was a great neighborhood. We have a lot of new construction here (we're in a new house too) so who knows if these were professional thieves or just opportunists in a truck. Kids looking for a joyride don't steal bikes like this though...My guess is that my baby's already in pieces or already has a new VIN. :cry

Sorry for the long rant y'all. I'm bouncing back and forth between being pissed as hell and so upset that I want to throw up... I'm sure I'll recover but right now I just feel adrift.
  2. GSnomad

GSnomad Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Sorry to hear about the theft of your new motorcycle. I thought my weekend was a loss. I just bought a 09' GS, and we're having 4 solid days of rain here, with two left to go. I've made at least 6 trips to look at her in the garage. Started it twice, of course, just to hear it run. Need rain gear for this weather.
    I too think BMW is taking away something otherwise positive, by going with a more complicated valvetrain design. The simplicity and utilitarian design of the current GS, IS what made me purchase one.
    Best of luck with retrieving your ride, and if not, hope your insurance company treats you well. Take Care
  3. Parcero

Parcero Mundial Supporter

Oddometer:
    Chicago physically, Colombia en mi mente.
    Hell has a special place for people who steal.
  4. hojo in sc

hojo in sc Long timer

Oddometer:
    Sorry to hear the bad news.
  5. NBeener

NBeener Long timer

Oddometer:
    Dude.

That sucks.
  6. mag00

mag00 Outa Control Dave

Oddometer:
    Sorry to hear of your loss. Hope you make out ok.
  7. JStancampiano

JStancampiano PhotoJoe

Oddometer:
    Sorry for your loss..Glad the EWS stuff works so well :puke1

Joe
  8. def

def Ginger th wonder dog

Oddometer:
    What are the chances that the police will recover your bike? Then, if the criminals are caught, what will be the penalty?
  9. 802mike

802mike Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Bristol, Vermont Gateway to The Green Mtns
    That sucks!

So there must've been a lot of people to carry this out....... any tracks?
    Nobody saw anything?
    I'm a little suspicious.
  10. wrysingfeenix

wrysingfeenix Dust off those ashes

Oddometer:
    Something smells VERY bad there. Just walk through that scenario step by step a couple times, and then ask yourself "What are the odds that this could have occurred with no one, no dog, no noise, no debris, nothing...?". Maybe if you had four REALLY muscular mofo's, a hell of a plan, and a dog with narcolepsy...Naaaaaaaaah.

I mean, c'mon. I'd just as readily believe it was vaporized at the molecular level and then reconstructed in a special chamber on the other side of town. Or the other side of the universe.
  11. Brahma

Brahma Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    how are they gonna start it without your key?
  12. GB

GB . Administrator Super Moderator Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    Without a key, the bike will not start, period. It's only good for parts.

Dood, I hope they find your bike when the douchebag figures out he can't hotwire it to start it.
  13. on2wheels52

on2wheels52 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Here I thought all the thieves lived in the US, I guess we don't have a monoply. Hope your insurance comes through, how long will you have to wait to collect?
    Jim
  14. Maloppa

Maloppa Hiking boots traded in Supporter

Oddometer:
    I feel your pain. I had been building on my prize Jeep for 5 years. New everything and ton of man hours for a total restoration. Then one day some one decided they liked it better than me and stole it. Know your pain. The only good out of it was that my insurance pay out is what bought my 09 GS.
  15. walrond

walrond Earth Wanderer

Oddometer:
    I had a fully restored Triumph TR-6 (car) stolen from me right out of my driveway. The kid was joy riding and totaled it that same night. It was devastating. I have always worried that another car or motorcycle would be stolen but so far so good.

The area where you live has a good reputation so I'm surprised your bike was stolen. It was probably someone from Saarbruken. Hopefully it hasn't made it's way into France. Either way, time to start checking Ebay.de or Ebay.fr.

Sorry for your loss.
  16. Moraflex

Moraflex Banned

Oddometer:
    Find the bastard who stole it, hang him up and chop off his testicles. That really sucks. Sorry to hear it.
  17. GSA Ghost

GSA Ghost LOST

Oddometer:
    Oh man that sucks royally, I am so sorry to read about your misfortune :cry

I hope your insurance co. takes good care of you.
  18. chilipeppernorm

chilipeppernorm Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I'm really sorry to hear of the theft of your bike. There is almost nothing I hate more than a thief. If it were my choice on such things, every thief would have both arm's cut off at the elbow with a dull axe. I hope the insurance comes through quickly, and the police catch these douche bags.

Just curious, what's the plan for parking your replacement bike when it comes through??? Also, how will the German justice system handle the bastards if they're caught?? Here in the Peoples Republic of Kalifornia they'd probably get therapy and a full disability claim for back strain when moving your bike over the fence, and then sue the state and win for being stressed by being arrested.
  19. Moraflex

Moraflex Banned

Oddometer:
    Not only that but they would also get Kaiser at $98.00 monthly premium and $5.00 co-pay.
  20. scooteraug02

scooteraug02 Dog Rancher

Oddometer:
    A friend has an after market alarm on his Goldwing. It chirps when some one approaches. If the bike is moved his fob lets him know.

You could install a Spot or there is another gps locater I just saw at Best Buy. It lets you know were the vehicle is at all times.

Sorry about your bike. It always sucks when someone messes with your stuff.