Phuck me! Bike stolen last night...

Discussion in 'GS Boxers' started by 91Eunos, Oct 17, 2009.

1. 91Eunos

91Eunos zipper suited sun god

Oddometer:

... what part of "I wanted the GS" don't you understand? We're already bracelet buddies enough! :lol3

Sorry I didn't call you back tonight dude...we got home late and I figured you were crashed. Call ya at work in the AM...
  2. Cumminsman76

Cumminsman76 befuddled

Oddometer:
    Go checkout the garage forum. Theres a lift where you could lift the bike up and park a car under it.
  3. 91Eunos

Oddometer:
    Definitely an option in the future... Tiny garage here and it's a rental house. My landlord may object!

Regardless, my next house back in the ''States will have a lift (for cars though) and I can park the bikes under one of the track vehicles!
  4. herrdirektor

herrdirektor Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Sorry for you loss....
    My solution, since I have had the F800ST and de GSA now, is have the wife park the car outside and the Bike indoors. A bike like that is much more attractive for thieves and easier to steal. Another plus point is that if thieves would get into my house/garage anyway, they will be undoubtly welcomed by my two enthousiastic big black dogs. :D
    And the wives' car being stolen ? Who cares ! As long as it is not your precious. Good luck with the handlling, insurance, getting a new one and with your future security solution. :gun1

Gruesse
  5. ghostrider1964

ghostrider1964 Edumacated Red Neck

Oddometer:
    I tend to agree with some of the other members thought on inside job. How many keys did you get with the bike? Maybe a spare was made at dealer and you were targeted from getgo. It not likely, some guy with a truck just drove by and saw it, then stole it(very ballsy if they did!) My GSA sits in my garage at night with the key in it. Big difference though, I live in the country and most folks out in my woods know I am armed and not on my medication:lol3
  6. Gizmo

Gizmo Hermes

Oddometer:
    That really sucks, sorry that happened to you. The bastard should be infested with a thousand fleas in the crotch and with two broken arms.
  7. proxyissues

proxyissues Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Sorry to hear about it.
    Unfortunately the dealer search on LoJack is horrible. Or there truly is no dealer within 100miles of Buffalo NY.

If the wiki entry is correct and it is only in police cars for 27 States I can't see how well recovery would work unless police in your area have the system.
  8. 91Eunos

Oddometer:
    Ok, BMW Motorrad of Europe has found the last '09 R1200GS in Germany (probably the last one in Europe) about an hour north of here...

Not exactly the same as mine but ~ $1500 less. It's the wrong color but that's easily fixed; my dealer here is willing to swap the parts for me for free. It has ABS, ASC and TPMS but that's about it.

I can easily add the heated hand grips and the hand guards but it doesn't have the on-board computer and ESA--pretty much impossible to retrofit those (not worth the cost). I guess I can look at this as an opportunity to get the Ohlins shocks/springs!

It also has the standard exhaust...while this isn't something I would have ordered, now that I've had it I prefer the way the chrome exhaust turns blue/purple vice the shit brown of the standard exhaust. Again, this is an opportunity I guess. The titanium Akrapovic exhaust is a bit pricey though at €1000+ :eek1

My insurance company thinks it'll be at least 30 days before they can do anything so I'm considering putting a minimum deposit on the bike to ensure it's available. That'd be a hell of a lot cheaper than picking up a bike back in the 'States and then shipping it back here to Europe.

I've noticed the bikes in teh US are consistently ~ $1000 more than I pay here...plus teh whole sales tax thing. I'm beginning to think that I really need to try to get a bike here and if this one is bought out from under me, I'm leaning towards a '10.

Thoughts?
  9. lzyellodog

lzyellodog Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Check these guys out. No sales tax in NH.

http://www.maxbmwmotorcycles.com/machine/machine.asp
  10. soren_dk

soren_dk Long timer

Oddometer:
    ...that how you must feel :cry

I'm real sorry for you, mate. I sure hope it turns up again soon. If not, open up a pay-pal account and I'll chip in...
  11. 91Eunos

Oddometer:
  12. 91Eunos

Oddometer:
  13. 91Eunos

Oddometer:
    thanks but I should be covered minus my deductible. It's the ass pain of waiting and the idea that these jerks obviously feel more entitled to my property than the person who payed for it that kills me.

Not to mention the feeling every time I've looked out my office window at the cold but absolutely beautiful clear skies here the last two days. Great riding weather.

14. walrond

walrond Earth Wanderer

Oddometer:
    While I was in Germany I bought a BMW car, motorcylcle and a VW. All of these I shipped back to the CONUS. While I didn't pay any tax while I was in Germany, I did have to pay tax on all of them when I registered them in New York. Talk about a shock to the wallet! The only break you get is on the purchase price.
  15. 91Eunos

Oddometer:
    depends on the State but a lot of it is based on how long you have them here as well...
  16. MoxNix

MoxNix Ex-ExPat

Oddometer:
    So says the Florida resident:lol3
  17. 91Eunos

Oddometer:
    No one forced you into paying Ohio taxes!

18. walrond

walrond Earth Wanderer

Oddometer:
    And for me it was getting assigned to Fort Drum, NY!
  19. GB

GB . Administrator Super Moderator Super Supporter

Oddometer:
  20. 91Eunos

Oddometer:
    thanks...

Re: the bike: It's not a done deal yet and it's not exactly what I want but it's probably closer to what I'd have originally ordered once I add a few bits! I still hope I'm gonna hear from the cops that they found my bike.

On the plus side the Insurance did already pay out for teh Touratech and BMW Motorrad gear that was bolted to the bike when it was stolen...I think that's an indicator taht they're going to write it off as soon as the paperwork is complete...

More to follow.