PHX-Crown King Minihaha mini Report

Discussion in 'West – California, the desert southwest and whatev' started by Nightstalker, Apr 19, 2008.

1. Nightstalker

Nightstalker YO BUDDYPAL!

Oddometer:
    I wasn't planning on riding today, but a buddy at work put a bug in my ear...

I thought that he said that they would be meeting at 9:00AM, and I just assumed that he was referring to the big staging area north of Lake Pleasant.

[​IMG]

Nine o'clock came and went and so did I. I was riding alone, which I don't like to do, but the backway to Crown King is like a wagon train of quads and rangers, so at least if I crash, there'll be someone to run over me.

Overlooking Lake Pleasant

[​IMG]
  2. Nightstalker

Oddometer:
    On the way to "CK" rock

[​IMG]

This old girl wouldn't move, I had to wait until she was finished getting a drink.

[​IMG]
  3. Nightstalker

Oddometer:
    CK rock, last chance to turn back.

[​IMG]

This guy should have turned back.

[​IMG]
  4. Nightstalker

Oddometer:
    I was leap frogging with these dirt bike guys. Boy where they a blast!! So I joined them!

At Fort Misery.

[​IMG]

We got to a fork in the "road", he said left is easy and right is hard. I said I'm going which ever way youse guys are going, and it was the easy way!! WOO HOO! Little did I know that this was the much fabled Minnehaha passage.

On the way to Minnehaha.

[​IMG]
  5. Nightstalker

Oddometer:
    I don't know how anyone could get lost with excellent road signs like this.

[​IMG]

Destination reached!! Crown King.

[​IMG]
  6. Nightstalker

Oddometer:
    So, just after we pull in, Tom on his farkled out SV650 pulls in.

[​IMG]

He and I rode back to Phoenix via Cleator and Bumble Bee. Great 140 mile ride day, home by 2:00. Unbelievable!!
  7. Nightstalker

Oddometer:
    I'll get my tracklog posted as soon as I recharge my GPS batteries.
  8. Nightstalker

Oddometer:
  9. Rat Bones

Rat Bones Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I saw you guys Yesterday! Wish i as on the bike. Me and my girl went up to CK for some camping. We saw you and my girl goes, "miss your bike?".... "yeah".
  10. orgthtogod

orgthtogod Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    <table id="post6806080" class="tborder" align="center" border="0" cellpadding="4" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr valign="top"><td class="alt1" id="td_post_6806080"><!-- / message -->
    Nice ride report...

I've been wanting to try Crown King but I never have anyone to go with. Do you have that route minus the GPS stuff, I don't have one. I'd like to try it sometime.

How was the "easy" route by the way? I'd like to start with that whenever I do go. I've got a farkled out 06KLR 650 so I'm sure I'd make it ok... Just never done the route and not familiar with the Crown King road, other than hearing about it of course.

Sounds like you made pretty good time though, start @ 9:00 back by 2:00, not a bad little jaunt, eh?
    </td> </tr> <tr> <td class="alt2"> </td> <td class="alt1" align="right"> <!-- / controls --> </td> </tr> </tbody></table> <!-- post 6806080 popup menu --> <table border="0" cellpadding="4" cellspacing="1"> <tbody><tr> <td class="thead">orgthtogod
    </td> </tr> <tr><td class="vbmenu_option">View Public Profile
    </td></tr> <tr><td class="vbmenu_option">Send a private message to orgthtogod
    </td></tr> <tr><td class="vbmenu_option">Send email to orgthtogod
    </td></tr> <tr><td class="vbmenu_option">Find More Posts by orgthtogod
    </td></tr> <tr><td class="vbmenu_option">Add orgthtogod to Your Buddy List
    </td></tr> </tbody></table>
    <!-- / post 6806080 popup menu --><!-- / close content container --> <!-- / post #6806080 --> <!-- start content table --><!-- open content container --><!-- / start content table --><!-- controls below postbits -->
  11. Nightstalker

Oddometer:
    That was my first time actually making it all the way to Crown King. The back way is pretty tough at spots. Once you make the turn off to Minnehaha, the rest of the way to Crown King is cake. You just have to make it to the turn off.

12. Rat Bones

Rat Bones Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    The "easy" route is that, easy. If it's your first time there, take the 17 thru bumble bee and Cleator. You can leave on the Senator Highway south to Lake Pleasant (the hard way) or head north to Prescott (easy) Or back the way you came. Make sure you head up to visit Horsethief lake and there is a campground up there. I usually just camp off the road somewhere, you will see. Neat place, I camp there all the time.
  13. F_G

F_G new2ds

Oddometer:
    Dang Terry, 140 miles on Saturday and another 185 with us on Sunday, you are an animal. How's the arm feel today?
  14. Nightstalker

Oddometer:
    The arm is doing better. The seeping has stopped. I skipped the gym this morning.