PHX - Crown King Sat Aug 29

Discussion in 'West – California, the desert southwest and whatev' started by Nightstalker, Aug 26, 2009.

1. Nightstalker

Nightstalker YO BUDDYPAL!

Oddometer:
    New bike break in ride scheduled for this Saturday.

Leaving at 6:30AM from the McD's east of I-17 on Carefree Highway. We will be TRAILERING from there to the LANDING STRIP west of Lake Pleasant in the vicinity of Castle Hot Springs road, I believe that it's Cow Creek Road.

The plan is ride the back way up to Crown King and return to the Landing Strip via Wagoner Road and Ryland Creek. Expect to take some side trips following me up goat trails on my NEW 450X!

This is NOT a big bike friendly ride. Depending on your experience level, this may not be a little bike friendly ride either!!

Terry
  2. Dert Gerl

Dert Gerl Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Congrats on the new ride! I'm assuming with your dirt skills that you used to ride little bikes?

Haven't been up to CK in a few years. I'd love to go, but already have a ride planned for Saturday. Have fun!!
  3. Nuclieye

Nuclieye Custom Fit is my choice!

Oddometer:
    I would love to do this ride but would be too embarrassed to have you doing circles around me the entire trip. Very nice choice of bikes Terry, I may just ride up to see it and then go do my own thing solo. I need to get some beta and shoot some "dirty" pics and video anyway.

FYI no water now on Ryland or Oak now but if you need fuel on the trip you are welcome to hit my stash. PM me for location if interested.
  4. AZ TOM

AZ TOM Long timer

Oddometer:
    I'm stunned. My Dualsport hero, Night Stalker:D trailering to the start:wink: Whats this world coming to??:D
  5. Garthe

Garthe ROCKS ARE YOUR FRIENDS...

Oddometer:
    what ever happened to a 'Sunday' ride...

Jim
  6. Nightstalker

Nightstalker YO BUDDYPAL!

Oddometer:

Church...

Need a day to recover before work on Monday...

I can drink more Saturday night and sleep in...

Gives me an extra day to inventory all the parts I need to replace from the Saturday ride...

Less traffic on the southbound I-17 back to Phoenix...

Hotter chics are out Saturday mornings...

My servers at work are far much less likely to crash on Saturdays...

and...

I get a whole day of wound nursing from my wife on Sunday!
  7. lightfighter

lightfighter where does this go?

Oddometer:
    argh... i gotta work saturday. sunday too actually.

my 525 is on its way in for a valve job anyway.

maybe next time.
  8. Garthe

Oddometer:

I give...

You win...

How do you fight against 'Church'...'Job'...'Wife'...I like the 'sleep in Sunday', for what ever reason.

Jim
  9. Nuclieye

Oddometer:
    Yeah, I know.... :rofl
    Not big bike friendly, he said it and I know it so I'm in and riding the little 500. Maybe someone can trail and pick up the parts I shed along the way?:clap
  10. KTMSER

KTMSER Big bike friendly

Oddometer:
    I am in..

Come on Garthe lets go..

I will be on the 625..
  11. Garthe

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the words of support...

When I got layed off a couple of weeks ago, my wife cut maternity leave short and she has been working part time. That means she has been working every saturday (she normally works one saturday a month). When she is working, I'm feeding baby son and changing diapers :rofl . In about a week or so she will be back to work full time and things will get back to normal.

Waiting...Jim
  12. DOD

DOD rider #5

Oddometer:
    Gonna be too hot for me tomorrow. I'll think I'll pull a Big-E and go ride in the high ground.

You guys ride safe and have fun. There's been a little too much carnage lately.

-dod
  13. Javalina

Javalina Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I'm in and am bringing the XR650R. See you there this ride should be epic!<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
    Hotter than %#@* on Saturday great bunch of guys, awesome trail, something interesting is going to happen guaranteed.:clap <o:p></o:p>

:lol3 :lol3 :lol3
  14. Nuclieye

Oddometer:
    Likely a worlds record for understatements right there! Please don't nobody die....
  15. KTMSER

KTMSER Big bike friendly

Oddometer:
    I will meet you guys around the lake.. You are going to head up Castle Hots Springs then right on Cowcreek to that wide spot thru the wash and up on the hill on the right??

You have my number give me a ring so I will know where you are parking....

Lunch at the MILL.....:clap ....:dg :dg :dg :dg :dg :dg :dg :dg :dg :dg :dg :dg :dg :dg :dg :dg :dg :dg
  16. Swampfoxx

Swampfoxx n00b

Oddometer:
    Dammit. This would have been the perfect ride for me and I didnt check it soon enough. I work part time at Turf Tugging gliders so if you ever want to mix in some 100 octaine avfuel it can be done. actually, Roy will sell to anyone just make sure you dont cross the runways on the way to the "pump". Also best to coast in,,the Cockatoo doesnt like females btw so beware handling her.
    If you do this ride again or anything like it Ill be all over it.DO IT AGAIN!!! rats.
    Swampfox
  17. Garthe

Oddometer:
    :lurk ...
  18. Nuclieye

Oddometer:
    I left the guys as they were leaving for Crown King from lake pleasant and headed toward Wickenburg to run up from Kirkland Junction on Wagoner Road. I knew I would just slow them down or die trying to keep up so i did the solo ride in and met Ktmser at the Mill after fueling up and grabbing a cold beverage at the store. He had not seen them either. Guess I got there around 10:00 or so so we had a late breakfast at the Mill and waited............. and waited......... Decided to blaze home via I17 to beat as much heat as I could and got home at 1:30. Hope it went well for them.

[​IMG]
  19. airgord

airgord What am I doing out here! Supporter

Oddometer:
    Interesting looking bike!
  20. Javalina

Javalina Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Sorry guys we never made it up to Crown King. We are all alive, we just thought ridding around in the desert where it's balmy 114 degrees sounded more fun than enjoying an awesome lunch at the mill and the 85 degree weather on top. As promised it was an interesting ride, but I will let Nightstalker do what he does best and share all of the gory details in his ride report. :evil

You have very cool Bike Nuclieye!