Piaa Light Poll

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by Killen, Oct 3, 2001.

?

What PIAA light color do you prefer?

1. White

2. Yellow

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Killen

Killen Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    What PIAA light color do you prefer for everyday/night riding? I am interested to learn if other riders feel there is a visible difference in what can be seen when using either of these colors. I have the 520 ION yellow on my bike and they do a "good" job of lighting the way at night, but I wonder if I am losing some clarity without white lights.

Thanks.
  2. Sparky

Sparky .

Oddometer:
    Light poll? I thought those were the things along the side of the road that you are supposed to avoid while drunk.

- S
  3. fish

fish Banned

Oddometer:
    I chose white on the poll, but I like both white and yellow for different reasons.

Yellow is great for daytime conspicuity and fog. White is important for maximum nighttime visibility.
  4. Red Bull

Red Bull Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hum, why wasn't BLUE included in the pole? I understand that they are conspicuous but not (surprisingly) better than white? So WHITE it is for me. If you really want to be obnoxious, get those red/green/or yellow tire valve lights. When the wheels spin you look like your riding on neon wheels! (sorry if I offend anyone using them!) :brow
  5. wxwax

wxwax Excited Member

Oddometer:
    I vote yellow for daytime conspicuity. They have plenty of light for my nighttime needs.:cool:
  6. Sparky

Sparky .

Oddometer:
    When my PIAA is Whitea it's usually because I've had a lot of beera. My PIAA is Yellowa when I've taken a lot of vitaminsa. So all in all, I prefera the Whitea. :flush

- S