PIAA lights on 950

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by rcniss, Feb 5, 2006.

1. Twin headlight Ernie

Twin headlight Ernie Custom fabricated dual sport accessories

Oddometer:
    I make some universal light mounts for 1" crash bars. They are hand fabricated and TIG welded from aluminum. They are very light and come with stainless steel hardware. I keep them on hand in satin black powdercoat but can custom other colors as well. I leave the mounting plate blank so you can drill it to suit a wide variety of different light applications. I can be reached at dakotabeemer@hotmail.com Here's a picture. 2HE[​IMG]
  2. bikyto

bikyto Dans le doute...gaz!

Oddometer:
    Hi!
    Just two quick questions, is the hardware metric and how much are they?
    Thanks!
  3. Twin headlight Ernie

Oddometer:
    The stainless steel socket head cap screws are a 1/4-28 thread. I sell them for $80.00 a pair. 2HE
  4. Chuckracer

Chuckracer Jerkus Maximus

Oddometer:
    Wow. I bought a used set-up from the classifieds here...these things aren't worth a fart in a windstorm. If I cover the stock USA headlight I can see that there is indeed light emitting form these lame little lamps, but...um, yeah. Suckage.

I'm impressed with the bracket though. :deal
  5. Shakeyhands

Shakeyhands Goober

Oddometer:

Which "set up" ?
  6. Chuckracer

Chuckracer Jerkus Maximus

Oddometer:
    The original set up, as seen on page one. Nice bracket but the lights are a cruel joke.

**edit** I should point out that the part of this kit I'm unimpressed with is the lights themselves, and the bracket is most excellent, well designed and built, class work.
  7. Twin headlight Ernie

Oddometer:
    In my humble opinion the lights are the best 35 watt aux light I have ever come across. I have the same model Piaa 002X on my Concours, KLR, and GS and find that think they do a wonderful job for their size and wattage. The key is to raise your low beam up a touch and use the aux lights to fill in below the low beam but more out to the sides for a broad pattern. I have 55 watt and 100 watt systems on other applications but they tend to overpower some bike charging systems. I also have a HID system on my KLR but it blinds oncoming traffic so it only gets use off road. The Piaa's work great for everyday use day or night. My 2 cents. 2HE
  8. Twin headlight Ernie

Oddometer:
    I just packaged up a KTM 950 Piaa aux light kit for Jim in Oklahoma. It's on the way. Thank you for the order. Ernie
  9. Twin headlight Ernie

Oddometer:
    I have a KTM Piaa aux light kit ready to go for Sandy in Washington. I'll send it off in the mail on Monday morning.
    I hope your husband enjoys his Christmas gift.
    Happy Holidays.
    2HE