PIAA lights on 950

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by rcniss, Feb 5, 2006.

1. Twin headlight Ernie

Twin headlight Ernie Custom fabricated dual sport accessories

Oddometer:
    I have a couple of light kits ready with the modified bracket to work with the Hepco/Becker crashbars. Same price as the original. $120.00. $10.00 to cover the shipping in the cont USA. I can be reached at dakotabeemer@hotmail.com. Thanks Ernie
  2. Twin headlight Ernie

Oddometer:
    Hey Steve, Your light Kit is on the way UPS ground. Thank you for the order. You should have it in three to four days. Enjoy. Ernie
  3. Twin headlight Ernie

Oddometer:
    Hey Mark, I got your check in the mail. Your package is ready to go. I'll try to get it in the mail first thing tomorrow morning on the way to work. Thanks Ernie
  4. BigDogAdventures

BigDogAdventures Fart Letter

Oddometer:
    I finally got laid off my job so I can go to Mexico tomorrow----but found the time to finish this project.
    If you take the windshield and headlight off (3 minute job) this job is so much easier.
    [​IMG]

I got my power off the big wire from the battery that goes to the starter solenoid------coming off the battery would be way more difficult and this is just as good--------I didn't go far before I put a 15 amp inline fuse and ran this wire all the way up to behind the headlight. I had to remove the right gas tank to feed the wire up thru the frame-------nothing is easy on a 950--nothing :D It makes you work for it's rewards.
    [​IMG]

Here you can see the finished product. I took my grill out as I wanted maximum lighting.
    [​IMG]

Mucho EL Lighto

This setup makes my stock headlight disappear like it wasn't even there.
    [​IMG]

It took a lot of extra time and work---but I added a switch to let my PIAA's work in 2 different modes. With the switch to the left I could turn my PIAA's on or off at will ---------with the little switch provided with the wiring harness and was mounted with velcro right next to my bright switch. That would be great for most daytime use.

But for night time use the PIAA's would literally blind somebody--you can't stand to look at them. So---when I put the toggle switch to the right the PIAA's come on and off with my bright switch-------that is, my bright switch turns on the PIAA's and my regular high beam. I had done this same thing on my 1150GS and loved this setup.
    The switch on the right is for my heated grips.
    [​IMG]
  5. Twin headlight Ernie

Oddometer:
    Hi Big Dog, Thanks for posting the pictures of the light installation. I hope the installation went well. I'll be at the BMW Falling leaf rally. Look for me if you go. Hope the light kit serves you well. Take care and thanks again. Ernie
  6. BigDogAdventures

BigDogAdventures Fart Letter

Oddometer:
    This will be the first time I miss the falling leaf rally in years.

I will be crossing into Mexico the 7th of this month---we are on our way to the border now and I won't be back for at least a couple weeks. Have a good time !!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
  7. Twin headlight Ernie

Oddometer:
    Hey Daniel, I have a light kit ready to be shippid out UPS to you tomorrow. You should have it by the end of the week. Enjoy. Ernie
  8. Twin headlight Ernie

Oddometer:
    Hey Henric, Your Piaa light is on it's way to California. Thank you for your purchase and I hope they serve you well. This has been a fun project for me. Once again a sincere thanks to all to all that have puchased in the past. Also a big thumbs up to the members of the "KTM Piaa light kit forum" that posted the pictures and helpful installation hints. Ernie
  9. Twin headlight Ernie

Oddometer:
    Just ordered another case of lights this week. I have more light kits on hand ready to go. No back orders. Ernie
  10. Twin headlight Ernie

Oddometer:
    Hey George, I have your light kit all ready to ship to Greece. Thank you very much for the order. Be sure to spread the word to the other riders on your side of the big pond. Ernie
  11. gefr

gefr Life is a trip

Oddometer:
    The pond gets narrower with this kind of commerce!! We are heading for a universal community!! Cheers!!
  12. Twin headlight Ernie

Oddometer:
    Just trying to do my part to promote world peace one dualsporter at a time.
    Ernie
  13. Twin headlight Ernie

Oddometer:
    Hey Kevin, Your Piaa is on the way to New Jersey UPS ground. Thank you for the order. Ernie
  14. APBlack

APBlack nOOb on a fly

Oddometer:
    Hey Ernie...
    I got your bracket Friday. It looks perfect, I have not mounted it yet but I did size it up and it's going to clear the HB bars perfectly... You the man:clap

Thanks, Frank
  15. Twin headlight Ernie

Oddometer:
    Hey Frank, Glad to hear it fits good. I was at a ADV ride a while back and ran into Big Dog with his 950 which had the H/B bars on it. I was only able to eyeball it but made up the fist mount for him and have not been able to see it it person since then. Post a picture if you can. Thanks again. Ernie
  16. gefr

gefr Life is a trip

Oddometer:
    Piaa at my door!! Opened up the parcel with the goods from across the pond!! Thanks Ernie!! I will install them next week!! It took 10 days for 8,8 k kms??? A long distance!! Thanks!!
  17. Twin headlight Ernie

Oddometer:
    Hey George, Glad to hear you got the package OK. I'll be welding up a few more of the light brackets today in between other projects. Last weekend I made time to adjust the valves and adjust carbs on my Concours so this week I'll do up the valves on my KLR. My GS will be getting a fresh top end in a few more weeks as the weather gets bad. Hope the light kit serves you well. Ernie
  18. Swashplate

Swashplate LUV TO HVR

Oddometer:
    So 1 of my 35w bulbs burnt out. I have a Hella 55w. Anybody have any problems with putting in 55w. I saw the cost of the PIAA 35w bulbs=holy crap!!!!
  19. APBlack

APBlack nOOb on a fly

Oddometer:
    Hey Ernie, I got my bracket all mounted and it fit perfect over the HB bars. Here's some pics for you...Love the bracket:clap

[​IMG]

Had to drill the holes in the HB bracket on this side
    [​IMG]

The finished product with the horn relocation bracket.

[​IMG]
  20. mross

mross Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hi Ernie,

Sent you an email. Would like to purchase lights and bracket.