PIAA lights on 950

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by rcniss, Feb 5, 2006.

1. sailah

sailah Lampin' it

Oddometer:
    I put the 55 W H3 bulbs from NAPA in there. Haven't ran them long enough to say if it will cause problems, but they do get hot!!
  2. Twin headlight Ernie

Twin headlight Ernie Custom fabricated dual sport accessories

Oddometer:
    Hey APBlack, Very nice job on the photos. Thank you for posting them. Glad to hear the light bracket worked out good for you. Ernie
  3. Twin headlight Ernie

Oddometer:
    Hey Mike, I got your check. Your package is on the way UPS. Thanks Ernie
  4. Twin headlight Ernie

Oddometer:
    Hey Gideon, I sent your kit kit out this morning. It's on the way to the Great white North. Thanks Ernie
  5. CrashAdams

CrashAdams Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Got it Ernie - can hardly wait to destroy...um, disassemble the front of my bike tonight - thanks much.

Mike

www.apgparts.com

yeah, we sell to dealers, but we'll hook up buying groups as well.

6. Olmer

Olmer Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Parcel at my door this morning! I guess i'm the first in France...

Can't wait to see the light !

Thanks a lot, Ernie.

Olivier.
  7. Twin headlight Ernie

Oddometer:
    Hey Olivier, Glad to hear you got the light kit safe and sound. You are the first in France to have one. I have a cousin that just got moved to Paris by his company. I may have to visit while I have the chance. Thanks for the purchase. Take care. Ernie
  8. Twin headlight Ernie

Oddometer:
    Just ordered another case of lights just in case the orders from France go nuts. I'm sure Olivier is the envy of every dualsporter in France. At least I hope so. Ernie
  9. Doug Matson

Doug Matson Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Ernie sent you a pm, I need to get the new bracket for the lights so I can put on my HB crash bars.
  10. NothingClever

NothingClever Dirt Winger

Oddometer:
    Well, I wouldn't put a lot of faith in TT. Their QC has gone down considerably as evidenced by some failing parts (engine guards and bash plates over on another DP bike site).
  11. Twin headlight Ernie

Oddometer:
    Hey Todd, Your light kit went out UPS ground today on it's way to Illinois. Thanks Ernie
  12. rumpus

rumpus shweeeeeeee!

Oddometer:
    I've been very happy with Ernie's light bracket kit, BUT I did switch the lamps to 55w--with bad results. After several months of constant 55w use (I ride with them on all the time for visibility), both reflectors are disintegrating. One of the lights is now dimmer and somewhat smokey inside (so it's hard to tell exactly what's going on in there). On the other, the lens is still clear so I can see that the reflective coating is peeling off the body of the reflector.

So sad, but that's what I get for upping the wattage. Anyone else have this problem?

I've ordered a different set driving lights, gonna try the Electrical Connection brand offered through Sport Touring Accessories. I fear they're more of a wide-beam fog light than a driving light, but since I use them mostly for being seen, I figure a broad beam spread is a good thing. They're also about the smallest I can find (besides the ones that came with Ernie's kit).
  13. Twin headlight Ernie

Oddometer:
    Hey Scott, A set of Piaa lights is on it's way to California UPS ground. Thanks Ernie
  14. Bannisdale

Bannisdale Why are my legs so short!?

Oddometer:
    I'd just like to say that Ernie is a top bloke!

I ordered Ernie's light set up a few weeks ago, they arrived quicker than most items posted within the UK would have, worked perfectly and are a doddle to fit. I shortened the harness as there is way too much cable to tuck away (IMHO) otherwise it would have been about an hours work.

The lights fill in all those "shaded" areas (where animals and drunks lurk) and have made driving the muddy rock strewn loosley linked potholes, we call roads in Cumbria, a joy.

Ernie, many thanks and have a great Christmas :clap :freaky :slurp

Cheers

Tim
  15. Twin headlight Ernie

Oddometer:
    Hey Tim, Glad to hear you got the light lit and the install is complete. I've been called a big galute before but never a bloke. Thanks for the "flowers." Be sure to look me up if you can get to our side of the big pond. I'm just to the left of the big creek. Take care. Ernie
  16. Twin headlight Ernie

Oddometer:
    Hey Scott, Your light kit should arrive anytime now. If you don't see it the next day or two let me know and I'll track it for you. Thanks Ernie
  17. grumph

grumph Adventurer

Oddometer:
    The 990 seems to have the ECU in the way for the bracket :cry so put the lights on the crashbars. Thanks Ernie, ready to connect up over Christmas. :clap
  18. Twin headlight Ernie

Oddometer:
    Hey Grumph, Thanks for posting the picture. It's too bad that KTM changed things a little bit on the 990. I hope to get a look at a 990 someday to see if the ecu could be relocated at all. Ernie
  19. Twin headlight Ernie

Oddometer:
    Hi Shane, I've got your light lit ready to go out UPS on tuesdays. Thanks for the order. Take care. Ernie
  20. Twin headlight Ernie

Oddometer:
    Hey Mike, I got your check in the mail today. I'll drop your light kit off at UPS on tuesday. Thank you and enjoy. Ernie