PIAA lights on 950

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by rcniss, Feb 5, 2006.

1. Twin headlight Ernie

Twin headlight Ernie Custom fabricated dual sport accessories

Oddometer:
    Hey James, Your light kit for the H/B bars went out today UPS to Jackson. Thanks and take care. Ernie
  2. advjackass

advjackass orange crusher

Oddometer:
    thanks ernie, recieved them yesterday and mounted them too. they look great but have yet to hook them up as my bike is stripped to frame. i am upgrading the suspension, replacing h2o pump, adjusting valves and so on. will post pics when work is done.
  3. Twin headlight Ernie

Oddometer:
    Hey Tony, Your light kit went out UPS on it's way to California. Thanks Ernie
  4. Twin headlight Ernie

Oddometer:
    Hey Tony, I got a light kit for the H/B crashbars boxed up and ready to go. I'll drop it off at the UPS terminal tomorrow. Ernie
  5. Twin headlight Ernie

Oddometer:
    Hey Tony, Just wanted to make sure you got the light kit I sent out to you. Let me know when you get it. Thanks Ernie
  6. Piipz

Piipz Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Found this:
    http://www.cyclegadgets.com/Products/LightKits/detail.asp?bike=950A&kit=CG-KTM950

I ordered the bracket only, im trying to fit these
    http://www.hella.com/produktion/HellaPortal/WebSite/Internet_usa/ProductsServices/Heavy_Duty/Halogen_Work_Lamps/Mega_Beam_FF/Mega_Beam_FF.jsp

Hella lights are a bit bigger than the PIAA lights, I hope they fit and the front wheel somehow doesn't touch these after a jump or something:

PIAA: http://www.priracing.com/shopimages/products/normal/510blackBIG.jpg
    Hella: http://www.hella.com/produktion/HellaPortal/WebSite/Internet_usa/ProductsServices/Heavy_Duty/Images/MegaBeamFF_dims.jpg

Yes the hella lights are actually work lights but I intend to use those offroad only and they are a lot cheaper than the piaa lights. btw, the extra bracket on the hella light will be removed.

<table class="smalltext" border="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr><td valign="top" width="15%">
    </td><td valign="top"></td></tr></tbody></table>
  7. Twin headlight Ernie

Oddometer:
    Hey Rich, I got your check in the mail. I'll be shipping your light kit out right away monday. Thanks for the order. Ernie

P.S. I have more KTM 950 light kits ready to ship. I also have the 1" crash bar clamp style light kits in stock as well. 2HE
  8. Snowbeard

Snowbeard maybe a bigger hammer

Oddometer:
    Hi Ernie,sent you an email...

thanks,Curt
  9. cpmodem

cpmodem Orange Caveman

Oddometer:
    masa yee yah tee 59° 14' 9" N / 135° 26' 42" W
    These PIAA's have worked very well for me. They've taken a lot of abuse both on and off road, and keep on tickin'. Great beam pattern also for the darkest of dark, center of the earth type blackness we get here in the Northwest Woods.
    -cp

Click image to follow the link for more photos-
    [​IMG]
  10. Twin headlight Ernie

Oddometer:
    Hey Jason, I sent out yuor light kit today via USPS on it's way to Alaska. I do believe this is the 3rd such kit to go to Alaska. Thanks for the order. Let me know if you should ever bump into one of the other two guys that bought a kit. Small world but a big state. 2HE
  11. Arch

Arch Incurable Gearhead

Oddometer:
    Ernie, no more vendor posts outside of the Vendor Forum. Dunno how this thread eluded moderation for so long, but I'm on the road now for two months at a time, and my schedule's tight each night, so if anyone out there comes across spam like this, please lend a hand for a bit and report the post/thread. Thanks.
  12. Twin headlight Ernie

Oddometer:
    Hey Al, I sent your package via the post office this morning. Thanks and enjoy. 2HE
  13. KTM950 Gatineau

KTM950 Gatineau Got-to-know

Oddometer:
    I've ordered both the SW Motech crash bar and a set of Hella FF50 lights. What type of brackets do you recommend...?

Any pictures?

merci
  14. E-Ticket

E-Ticket it's about the ride

Oddometer:
    Ernie,
    I have the SW Motech crash bars installed. Have you ever had your 950 kit mounted up with them as they attach to the same place your kit seems to? Are you still selling kits with wider cat-eye lights or the round versions? 35W and/or 55W?
    <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p> </o:p>
    Thanks,
    Mark
  15. Twin headlight Ernie

Oddometer:
    I have a light bracket that I know works with the Hepco Becker crash bars. I assume the SW bars mount in the same area but I hav'nt seen the SW bars first hand to tell you for sure if it would work. The oval shaped Piaa lights are now obsolete and no onger available. The lights I have left are the 35 watt round Piaa 002X. I like the light pattern better with the round lights than with the old style oval ones. I have these lights on three of my bikes and am very happy with them. I'm impressed that so much light comes out of such a small lamp. E-mail direct if you have any questians. dakotabeemer@hotmail.com. Thanks Ernie
  16. Twin headlight Ernie

Oddometer:
    I was doing some house cleaning and came across 1 more set of the oval shaped Piaa 001's. I have many sets of the piaa 002's as well. They can ship right away. Ernie
    dakotabeemer@hotmail.com
  17. Twin headlight Ernie

Oddometer:
    Just wanted to thank Craig and Tom for their purchases of the Piaa light kits from me at the Pecatonica swap meet this last weekend. Hope you guys had a good trip back home. Give me a shout if you have any questians. dakotabeemer@hotmail.com Thanks again. Ernie
  18. Twin headlight Ernie

Oddometer:
    Hi Clifton, I got your check in the mail today. I'll drop off your light kit at the post office on my way to work. Thanks and enjoy. Ernie
  19. Twin headlight Ernie

Oddometer:
    Hi Willet, I sent your KTM aux light kit set up for the H/B crash bars. It went out Monday morning via USPS. Thanks and enjoy. Ernie
  20. Surfdog

Surfdog Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Seems a few folks liked where I placed my light switch....
    I removed the right controls. the little plug doesn't pop out.
    I had to cut it out. The switch came from Radio shack. I don't
    have the part number. I matched the volt/amp requirements
    from the original switch provided. I had to dig through drawers
    to find the one that would fit. i trimmed the tabs on the switch
    so they wouldn't touch the bars. solder the wires and covered
    them with liquid electrical tape the reinstalled the controls.
    Yes.. it lights up when turned on & looks cool @ nite !!!