Piaggio MP3

Discussion in 'Battle Scooters' started by danger_dave, Feb 15, 2007.

1. DirtDOG

DirtDOG Same Dog, New Tricks

Oddometer:
    Relax, when I get done drinking these three kegs it'll look just like the side of Crash's truck. :photog
  2. DirtDOG

Oddometer:
    And now for an artistic moment. :ilmostro

[​IMG]
  3. DirtDOG

Oddometer:
    "There oughta be a law against something like that. It's just unnatural." :ddog

[​IMG]
  4. JohnTM

JohnTM I suck toes

Oddometer:
    Try parking it with one front wheel on the curb, the other off. That'll get some interesting looks. :evil
  5. JohnTM

JohnTM I suck toes

Oddometer:
    <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/DFWjfGV4SRM&hl=en"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/DFWjfGV4SRM&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
  6. Anarchist

Anarchist Office Linebacker

Oddometer:
    Have you had any looseness in the front end of your MP3? I have read in some places that owners of MP3's are having some issues.

How has your overall experience been?

Thanks.
  7. RedRocket

RedRocket Yeah! I want Cheesy Poofs

Oddometer:
    WEEEEE!

8. DirtDOG

Oddometer:
    The scoot in the pics is on loan from another ADV member, I have done about everything you could do with this thing and it seems flawless unless you are on a really rough surface and then the short suspension travel comes into play. When riding two up you have to be careful about tearing into sharp corners at a high rate of speed, you run out of suspension really quick and things start dragging long before you apex the corner. We have some really nice twisty roads around here that are smooth as a baby's butt and you can fly on the MP3.

I'm now interested in riding the 400 and 500 to see the difference. Trouble is, they are sold out as fast as they arrive on the showroom.
  9. DirtDOG

Oddometer:
    My morning ride across NC Hwy 221. No cool music, just motor and wind noise.

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/6JGKqvpha90"> </param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/6JGKqvpha90" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"> </embed> </object>
  10. DirtDOG

Oddometer:
    More of this mornings ride

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  11. Anarchist

Anarchist Office Linebacker

Oddometer:
    Great pics, Dirtdog. Post more when you get them.
  12. Ruskie

Ruskie Banned

Oddometer:
    The wife just bought one today. The 250cc.
    The dealer had 10 of them delivered to them 5 days ago. After my wife's purchase there are two left. :huh
    She bought a blue one.
    She is happy.
    Sorry about the funky cell phone photo, Renee':D
    [​IMG]
  13. JohnTM

JohnTM I suck toes

Oddometer:
    Bravo Ruskie! :clap

You gonna let her ride it some too? :lol3
  14. Ruskie

Ruskie Banned

Oddometer:
    :D
    After 35 yrs of Renee' putting up with me, Renee' gets what Renee' wants!:lol3
  15. RedRocket

RedRocket Yeah! I want Cheesy Poofs

Oddometer:
  16. Milar

Milar Life is an adventure.

Oddometer:
    Has anyone toured 2 up on an MP3?

Is the pillion comfortable and is there enough luggage space?

M
  17. DustyJacket

DustyJacket Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I want to test ride that ....
  18. Brlowe

Brlowe Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I have a MP3 500 like the photo right above. I have added a givi shield, Givi E52 top case, Zumo 550 and 2 XBi headsets. My wife has no plan of any long touring with me, she did not do more than 2 or 3 days on the Electraglide so that will be the limit on this too. We have cruised on the freeway at 70 no problem. It will go faster but I see no reason. I normally ride around 65-70 on it and get 57mpg average. I think touring on it is going to be a blast and plan on doing a trip soon. I drive it to work everyday 12 miles one way all freeway. I have not driven the car to work for almost 3 months. I have over 2200 miles on it so far. I have to say I love riding it.
  19. Oilhed

Oilhed MarkF Supporter

Oddometer:
    I was riding thru some twisty back roads last Sunday, followed by a 500 MP3. He had no problem keeping up, looked very stable in the rough turns. I like the looks of the 250/400 better and I hear there is more storage space.
  20. Grif

Grif Scootertrash

Oddometer:
    I'm on a small scoot this year (08 Zuma) but I'm seriously considering a Maxi by some time next year and a Burgman 400 has remained at the top of my list. I've seen the MP3 (dealer had one when I bought my Zuma), but it just looked so odd to me I'd never really considered it. After reading this thread, I think I'm going to have to give it some serious consideration. I especially like the idea of added stability over less than ideal road conditions, since I plan to ride as much of the year as possible, it could be the perfect commuter. It will be interesting to see if some copycats arrive in 09.