1. eNewsletter Sign Up

Pics of remarkable road "strangers" you meet while riding....

Discussion in 'Photos' started by rarepartbuilder, Nov 21, 2015.

1. knight

knight Long timer

Oddometer:
  2. knight

knight Long timer

Oddometer:
  3. rarepartbuilder

rarepartbuilder redemption gypsy

Oddometer:
    Your pictures speak volumes of why some make the decision to ride solo on one's own terms . I read on another thread that you sold your front door{AKA house} before these travels.After seeing how so much of the other world lives, it will be interesting to see what the Knight's home base will end up being...
  4. Bovino

Bovino Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Buying a hat in for my son, in Bolivia.

28FD7FC0-7CB6-4B25-80CD-C0EDACF6FA67.jpeg
    LoneWolf3, drumdog, alpina and 3 others like this.
  5. jwc

jwc Ready to go Supporter

Oddometer:
    For me one of the highlights in mototravel is many times when we stop for food or fuel how people are attracted to our loaded bikes ‘from so far away’ and strike up conversations. Most of the time I neglect to take a photo.
    One of these meetings was while fueling up in Michigan, North Dakota where I met Hug. A 76yo retired farmer who is a Vietnam veteran and for the past 15 years the organizer and promoter of their local Veterans motorcycle run. Hug currently owns a Harley and suspects he might have to stop riding when he’s 80. It was a pleasure to meet you Hug...
    8029C9F5-C9C4-4EAF-A7A2-BC0149E8C4C7.jpeg
    LoneWolf3, MTBRALPH, drumdog and 7 others like this.
  6. jwc

jwc Ready to go Supporter

Oddometer:
    We met Didier and Nelly, from France on two new BMW 1200s at a campground on the ALCAN. Didier and Nelly had sold their business, home and all personal belongings except what they needed to travel around the world by motorbike. They had flown from Paris to Montreal and had explored Canada as they worked their way west. After Alaska they will travel the US, Mexico and South America then on to Africa and beyond. Their blog can be found at www.2nomadesamoto.com
    We ran into them again in Whitehorse at the Honda dealership where they were getting fresh tires.

22B3668D-EFB8-4840-800B-CB66B567AF91.jpeg
    LoneWolf3, drumdog, scootac and 5 others like this.
  7. Scubawerx

Scubawerx Scubawerx

Oddometer:
  8. 250txc

250txc Husqvarna Dirtbike Rider

Oddometer:
    20200110_151529.jpg
    My 012 TC250 Husqvarna dirtbike parked here
    20200110_161611.jpg
    20200110_161730.jpg

Pretty weird being an American who can ~remember from JFKs' death all the way to the world today, then moving to a 3rd world country and experiencing a culture\peoples that are so different from the states; maybe even views the USA as Disney land and money grows on trees to pluck. This makes almost everyone here very interesting and a gem to me. Unlike my countryman who I almost know before 3 sentences are uttered or after I find out the state they are from, these people here are fascinating to me to watch. We are all doing the same thing as humans, but these guys make it up almost hourly\daily as they go with just about ~zero support from anyone but family. It actually boggles the mind(at least mine) how this society functions and operates each moment of each day after being in ~1stWorld America my first 50 yrs.

This is just one small place I spend time at but it is about the same every place I go with only the city-folks being a little different or of-course at the tourist locations that are filled with foreigners.
    LoneWolf3, steved57 and scootac like this.
  9. cabincrasher#67

cabincrasher#67 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    How about "off road" strangers? Met this group of characters while out showing a new riding buddy our local fun spots.

IMG_7065.JPG

They were really enjoying themselves, cutting up with us and having a great time. Being somewhat the life of the party, I pulled out my phone to take a picture and said "Anyone with warrants who needs their face blurred, just raise your hand!!" :mulie
    (Much laugher and scrambling out of frame, one gentleman's toast, and total amusement of my father.) :lol3
    In hindsight, maybe I should have taken the picture first and gave the warning afterwards!
    ...And that is how memories and friends are made with total strangers, somewhere out in the woods in Tennessee. :beer
    LoneWolf3, Uke, scootac and 1 other person like this.
  10. Pepe le pew

Pepe le pew Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Met this cool cat at a koa campground in Tennessee 20190428_201040_IMG_4184.JPG
    LoneWolf3 and knight like this.
  11. Romero202

Romero202 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    This is a photo of the morning I met this guy at Lake Sugar Tree Motocross track in Virginia a few years ago. It was a pretty cold morning and he was looking for some coffee and I guess he figured that people from New Orleans should have good coffee, and we did in our RV. Not a clear photo but this is Dave Aldana, I've become friends with him ever since and what a great guy to talk to. His life is even a bit more interesting that what you heard about him in "On Any Sunday"...….. His racing stories are the best!!!!!! Aldana.jpg

Attached Files:

LoneWolf3, drumdog, knight and 2 others like this.
  12. knight

knight Long timer

Oddometer:
    Met these women along with another gentleman in Peru, they found me loitering in their garden after I had stopped to smoke a spliff
    They informed me that the one on the right was in need of a husband, and that since I was single, insisted that I should stay
    [​IMG]
    LoneWolf3, Muzz67, flei and 2 others like this.
  13. Advntr

Advntr Answering the call of the wild

Oddometer:
    Western NY or out riding & passing you somewhere
    Meet Andy and Kay from England. Both are retired bobbies. He was a motocop. The mc cop stories were interesting!
    I met them in Rutland VT while on a ride around new england at my favorite camp site. Holiday Inn Express. This one had a bar and that is where i found Andy
    They were riding a rented 2018 Ultra that they had picked up and were returning to...Manhattan. I got the tools out to get the saddle bag off so i could adjust the shock setting and checked his tire pressures. We found the front low and he got that taken care then next morning. They were celebrating their 24th wedding anniv while riding around the north east. The HIE was a Holiday Inn back then and that's where they had their wedding 24 yrs prior. From Rutland they were headed for Syracuse and then Niagara Falls then meandering down thru PA to Manhattan. I pulled out the real road map and put them on the scenic 2 lane of NY they would have never found -we have some nice roads ride here. I met up with them again in a couple a days down in the southern tier of western NY for lunch, gave them some real road maps to meander with. They had a blast. 20180919_195128.jpg 20180919_181717.jpg