Pics of Woody's NEW ,TRICK,Superlite hubs R1200GS/GSA/HP-2

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by woody's wheel works, Nov 28, 2007.

1. woody's wheel works

woody's wheel works Built to Last

Oddometer:
    depending on the rotors circa $2200-2400

UPDATE,,2 JULY 08,,,,FYI,,BMW's latest prices :

front wheel only,,no brakes,,,$1219.85
    rear #1231.02

sub-total=$2450.87
  2. configurationspace

configurationspace delooper

Oddometer:
    Hi Woody,

Are you in production yet, or are you still in a testing phase?

I'm looking for a set of off-road wheels for the HP2, ie: 21" front, 18" rear. Your new hubs look nice/desirable. Please let me know if you think something like that might be available to ship before summer.

Thanks.
  3. woody's wheel works

Oddometer:
    check this out...where have you been????:dunno
    http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=294435

or....

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=301724

we still have a couple from the first run left,,,after the feedback from the Sandblast rally,,,run # 2 will kick in,,,we do not anticipate any changes,,,

holler n thanks for inquiring

woody
  4. configurationspace

configurationspace delooper

Oddometer:
    I just moved back to Canada after being away for 12 years. So I've been keeping busy. :lol3

I'll try to give you a phone call tomorrow. I won't be able to beat the hell out of your wheels until summer, unfortunately. But if you'd like another customer for your 1st batch and you're not so fussy about how badly I'll abuse your work, then I'll take a set of your 1st batch. Otherwise I'd be happy to wait until the 2nd batch -- either way I'd just like to get my hands on a set before the end of April.
  5. woody's wheel works

Oddometer:
    These are Woody's latest creation.

Feature's:

1) Can be used on any BMW R12GS and R12GS Adventure with/without ABS.
    2) You can use your stock Rotors, ABS, and Hardware
    3) Can be put with any 36H Rim Jap lace pattern
    4) Currently available in Silver/Black/Blue [have spares to anodize in other colors]
    5) Saves un-sprung weight ,,,will be the lightest available,,, Specific weights to come
    6) have adapter kit available in order to mount the lightest KTM wave rotors just like we use on the original Superlite I hub[the ones designed for the HP-2]

Photos:

the Superlite II hub is basically the same as the Superlite I ,,,however it was modified slightly to allow the use of a 1/4'' thick adapter ring...this allows the mounting of the OEM disc brakes with/without ABS ring utilizing your OEM hardware
    [​IMG]

here's the new adapter plate which bolts onto the above pictured hub,,,,,notice the 3 little tabs cut out of the center they are part of a retrofit kit that will be available to mount any KTM drill pattern brake disc...they essentially replace the metal cut out for the adapter plate,,,,my research showed the KTM discs were lighter and less expensive than the BMW versions,,of course you'll have to give up the ABS ring,,,in this case ya can't have your cake and eat it too:cry

[​IMG]

here's the basic sequence from start to finish,,,,we beadblasted the 6061-T6 plate first to give a trick 2 tone effect to the finished product
    [​IMG]

here's how it fits together without the ABS ring,,,,i tried to create smooth ovals
    [​IMG]

and with the ABS ring
    [​IMG]

these are the matching rear hubs that can be used on any 1200 GS,GS Adv or HP-2

[​IMG]
  6. SteveRed

SteveRed Adventure Moto

Oddometer:
    Hey Woody.. Any solution for a HP2 MegaMoto?
  7. SteveRed

SteveRed Adventure Moto

Oddometer:
    Ye.. I like the billet hubs but the mega (unlike the HP2 enduro) has twin discs upfront. I also like spoked rims and wanted a set of light weight wheels to put sticky rubber on for track days. I would keep the OEM rims for the road and swap out for track days or racing BEARS! BTW the wheels you guys made me for the X Challenge rock! :super
  8. woody's wheel works

Oddometer:
    SteveRed,,,we have every possible configuration covered with these hubs,,,

supermoto,,,,,,street,,,,,,dual-sport,,,,,,MX,,,,,,,enduro,,,,,,paris-dakar,,,baja etc,etc in any rim combo known to man:wink:

now the mega-moto,,,,gotta double check,,,ya see,,, my brain cells don't always co-operate these days,,,i'm almost certain that 1200GS hubs/brake width/ ie the node points are identical,,,,:wink:

perhaps someone knows for sure and can chime in ,,OR i'll have an answer fro sure shortly:beer

woody
  9. woody's wheel works

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

<!-- / message --><!-- sig --> The front wheel is a Woody's Superlite. About 4 kg lighter than stock. Just put it on 2 rides ago - the front end lifts easier, heels over faster, and also deflects a little more ... off of rocks, ruts, etc. I'm thinking about a steering damper with this wheel, as things are definitely more active in the front end. __________________
    WartHog
    1989 R100GS Bumble Bee
    2006 HP2
  10. SteveRed

SteveRed Adventure Moto

Oddometer:
    Hey Woody.. How's Chris? I still want a quote on a set of Rims and hubs for my R1200GSA project (18/21 conversion) But I understand if Chris is still out of action.

Regards

Steve
  11. woody's wheel works

Oddometer:
    will jump on Chris first thing in the mornin,,,woody

PS,,,SORRY ALL YOU GUYS,,,,BUT CHRIS HAS BEEN FLOODED WITH INQUIRIES ,,,and HAS BEEN TRYING TO RUN THE SHOP,,WHILE I WAS AWAY TRYING TO DEAL WITH MY MOM WHO DIED LAST WEEK,,, so i've been away and that's life sometimes,,,well now i'm back and we're cleaning up the things that accidentally got over looked,,,,we won't abandon you all,,,honest....:thumbwoody and the gang
  12. SteveRed

SteveRed Adventure Moto

Oddometer:
    My condolences Woody. :(: I'm not in any spectacular rush. I am hoping to have the GSA set up as a show bike for the Phillip Island Moto GP in October where I will have a stand selling Wolfman Gear to any unsuspecting Aussies :D So I have a couple of months. Anyay I'm heading off to the outback for some wild riding on the G650 with some other maniacs doing the 'Wild Boar Imperative' next week. Should be fun :freaky
  13. Warthog

Warthog TeutonicChronic

Oddometer:
    Here is the left side, where you can see some hub ...
    [​IMG]

and here it is before the mud...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

less mass = more fun...
    [​IMG]

detailed pic...that is dust on the hub, not scratches or nics. The anodization layer is still perfect after 2 horrific mud rides.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  14. Warthog

Warthog TeutonicChronic

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

:D
  15. little foot

little foot Mediocre Mediator Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    sweet
  16. cazevedo

cazevedo MotoXplorers.com

Oddometer:
    My condolences Woody. :(: and congrats for the sweet job!!

I have one Excel rear rim 18 x 2.50 from my Husqvarna 610, do you think the rim will work with you hub for the HP2?? It have 36 holes (i think:wink: )

I plan o buid one 18'' to my hp2, can you please send me one PM with the price for your hp2 hub.
  17. Doug Mo

Doug Mo Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Yo, Woody, well you asked me to try to trash your wheels and a mid summers status report is due. First, these puppies are pissah!!!!! Stronger than the rocks that I just raced on in the West Virginia Rally and they are showing no signs of needing any spoke adjustment. They work and allow the HP-2 (Buffalo) to steer a little easier than the stock set up. I still need to work on a perfect suspension set-up but I am close. In one stage, on top of a ridge there was a fast road section with about a three foot creast, after getting used to it on the first run through (sighting run) I went off that thing over 90 mph and the big HP just sailed along with quite a impact when I landed, if anything was going to break, that would of been the time. Nothing, not even a flex out em, my ass flexed abit but that's another story. So, bottom line had a good run, can't run with ELY on the Aprilia. He's not in the same weight class as the buffalo. I am building up a 07 Husaberg 550 FS and will be needing your expertise on a set of wheels. I'm taking the supermoto platform and converting it for Rallymoto. I want to use the big motor with some fine tuning for the series next year, also want to run the stock caliper and rotor. This may require some off-set work and milling of the caliper to attain the minimum clearence for the 21 inch spoke angles. We can discuss this and choice of hubs. But, for the remainder of the season the Big HP will be out their throwing rocks and digging trenches. Next one up is Black River Stages in western New Yorik, this is a fun and very fast rally, Mark Alberston and I saw over 105 mph on the powerline section last year, like to top that this year, and with your wheels this goal is very attainable, ran the stock 21/17 set up last year with the worst tire selection ever. This year will be different. Again, Woody and Chris!!!! top notch stuff, Rally On!!:clap
  18. Berin

Berin Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Woody, what the itemised price for front and rear hubs anodised black for a 12GSA please, with and without rims, as it may be cheaper for me to get the hubs and get new rims laced here in England.

thanks
  19. woody's wheel works

Oddometer:
    Thought we would try "gun -metal gray looks like the oem anthracite color of the x-laced wheel nipples!

Attached Files:

20. woody's wheel works

Oddometer:
    that's incandescent Orange and royal blue with Superlite ll hubs that work with oem ABS and discs...only thing missing Andy are the promised WWW decals:cry,,or am i missing something:wink:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]