Pics of Woody's NEW ,TRICK,Superlite hubs R1200GS/GSA/HP-2

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by woody's wheel works, Nov 28, 2007.

1. Ricklesss

Ricklesss Go soothingly on the grease mud...

Oddometer:
    Woody, I was wondering if you were able to compare the R100 vs the 1200 Superlites?
    That would be the shit!
    RicklesssssssssssssS

will check on that,,,1200 Superlite hub to R100GSPD hmmmmmm

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
    Originally Posted by tigerapple
    Great stuff....

Do you have any of these that will fit a R100GS PD? Im looking at both a front and rear that will fit a tubeless. Can you PM the cost for these? Thanks!

i wouldn't be surprised if the net measurements on these two front wheels matched...outside of the bearings speedo drive etc,,,,you've got me thinking...

experience has shown me that manufacturers often have lot's of overlap in setting up different bikes,,,,ie the main node points remain the same,,,now i'm curious,,have got a 100gspd sitting in my work area,,,
    will report,,,man that would be some nifty news for you all...
  2. woody's wheel works

woody's wheel works Built to Last Super Supporter

Oddometer:
  3. SteveRed

SteveRed Adventure Moto

Oddometer:
    Hey Woody... Will you be doing an 18" wheel plus Billet hubs for the new 800GS? BTW the hubs on the Adventure look trick... They tend to attract dirt though!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

:lol3:lol3:lol3:lol3:lol3:lol3
  4. Warthog

Warthog TeutonicChronic Supporter

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

Rolling along just fine. They handle everything I can throw at them so far.

[​IMG]
  5. woody's wheel works

Oddometer:
    hey you all,,,
    i will return from the Vaterland by the weekend,,am pumped up to get the F800GS project on track,,,it kills me because i had all the measurements ready to go but ran out of time,,so 6 weeks have gone down the tube,,,Arrrrgggghhh..howver i'm rested and raring to go,,,so watch out ,,,cush drive and lighter for rear,,,may need to supply ktm components,,but if ya want strong and lite than i've got those combos pretty much fiqured out...and the rims well ya can get any size you want ,,that's the way it has always been.

i also located several oem front hubs so that those of you who want to do the 19'' front wheel conversion can have your cake and eat it too:thumb
    :beer here#s to ya,,ein prossit,,woody
  6. woody's wheel works

Oddometer:
    warthog ,,is that the oem sidestand???i have an upgrade that's stronger and stands bike more upright at same time..did ya know???

congrats to putting that bike thru it's paces..did ya ever get a t-shirt???,,i try to get oone to all my superlace/superlite wheel devotees:wink:
    holler,,ya look like a large would fit,,,it was fun to run into 3 people in europe sporting the logo,,,,:super
    woody
  7. woody's wheel works

Oddometer:
    'gday steve,,looks like you are enjoying the set--up..i love it when people can beat the hell out of their bike with a renewed sense of confidence,,,

however ,,those larger wheels do make your bike tip over,,,placing excess stresses on the sidestand and sidestand bracket,,,either lengthen it or get one of the adjustable units that allow ya about 1.5''range for different setups:thumb

if the bike flips /falls over they are a drag to lift back up..i KNOW:wink: woody
  8. SteveRed

SteveRed Adventure Moto

Oddometer:
    Ye I have sorted that Woody with a 1 inch nylon block under the stand. It makes life a little easier for sure.

Man I am ready to order the wheels for my F800GS. Please let me know when we can move on this!? I would like a 21/18" setup. Now you're going to ask me what color rims I want aren't you :D.

Cheers
  9. woody's wheel works

Oddometer:
    and the hubs???..any particular color in mind???:wink:

:beer woody

heading back to denver in a few hours,,and give me a day or two and i'll drop th ehamme ron this project:thumb
  10. woody's wheel works

Oddometer:
    Looks like someone's having fun in the outback... [​IMG]
  11. woody's wheel works

Oddometer:
    well matey,,just approved the final prototype will have them in my hands end of next week,,4 riders are ahead of you..:cry

woody

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=288592
  12. SteveRed

SteveRed Adventure Moto

Oddometer:
    Hey Woody, I have emailed and sent you a PM... But I might as well cover my bases :D

I am coming over to the US for the Indianapolis Dealer Show next week and will also be visiting my friends from Wolfman Luggage in Longmont and hoping to catch up with Ned Suesse from Moto Peak whilst in Colorado. I would love to come out and visit you guys if I may? I personally have two sets of Woody's Wheels and, well I would love to meet and greet with you guys. Let me know if that is cool. Have you guys gone any further on wheels for the F800GS?
  13. woody's wheel works

Oddometer:
    YES!!!

YES!!!

YES!!!

FYI,,,,you will get here in time to see the first ones too!!!

welcome to America, Colorado 'n the Rocky Mountains:beer

and here's a sneak preview....
    just to whet your whistle.....

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=538974

:beer woody

PS: need wheels or to be picked up at airport???place to stay???,,it's claimed i have a pretty good billabong...hot n cold beer n wimmen...holler

14. Jonesky

Jonesky Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Yeah we're all coming...:D:D

Must...have...wheels....by...woody..
  15. woody's wheel works

Oddometer:
    <table class="cf gJ" cellpadding="0"><tbody><tr><td class="gF gK"><table class="cf ix" cellpadding="0"><tbody><tr><td>[​IMG]christopher murillo

to me
    </td></tr></tbody></table></td><td class="gH">show details 12:00 PM (4 hours ago) [​IMG]
    </td><td class="gH">
    </td></tr></tbody></table>hi there woody,
    got the 1200 out the last couple of days in the high interior plateaus of british columbia.
    the 21"-18" set-up rocks, it felt very sure footed and i feel like i can be much more aggressive at high speed corners on gravel.
    bumping over logs is easier now as well.
    included are some pics, you can use them at will.
    i put a 'Tubliss' system on my Husky 250, and am thinking of putting it in my front wheel of my 1200 thus eliminating the need for a tube.
    so far their product has worked well for me, just an idea for others looking to go tubeless on their setups.
    thanks again,
    christopher