1. Adventure Rider Print Magazine!
    We're doing a print magazine this November - 128 pages of high quality adventure riding stories, photography and interviews!

Click here to purchase a copy for $9. Limited copies still available.
    Dismiss Notice

Picture of your bike @ a Tim Hortons!

Discussion in 'Canada' started by Crackberry, Dec 4, 2011.

1. Dan Alexander

Dan Alexander still alive and well

Oddometer:
    On the way back from Radisson, James Bay and the Trans Taigs Highway.

Man, was that double double good after a week without my fix :happay

[​IMG]
  2. Bill 310

Bill 310 Poser Emeritus Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    As an FYI the Rally Flags are in the mail. There is still lots of to join the AMA Grand Tour.

I received this email today from Michael Hickman the Timmies / Waffle House Tour co-ordinator

Hello riders,

I know many of you have been anxiously awaiting the start of the Tim Hortons Grand Tour 2012. This e-mail will provide you with the information necessary to begin your tour.

This will probably be the only mass e-mail via this method. For all further communication, please go to http://groups.google.com/group/the-rally and register, if you haven't already. Using Google groups (1) eliminates the blocking of mass e-mails by some e-mail servers and (2) allows all correspondence to be archived (and be searchable). Further updates to riders will be done through this Google group. It's also your venue to share information and as questions. If you have a more personal question to ask, you're always welcome to e-mail me

First, the rally flags were shipped Saturday. They should arrive to US addresses by mid-week and to Canada by the weekend. An example of your rally flag (from the Waffle House Grand Tour) is here:

http://www.therally.us/images/wh_2012/ouellette/022812_0923_ga.jpg

Riders will have an assigned number, but is it not mandatory on your flag. Consider your flag a mosaic, where you are free to add Timmy's decorations as the grand tour runs its course.

The premise for this Grand Tour is simple; visit as many Timmy's locations between the vernal and autumnal equinoxes (which represent the first day of spring up to the first day of fall). Each picture will require the following documentation within; (1) the rider's motorcycle 2) the rider's rally flag, (3) the signature Timmy's sign/logo (either from the building or the sign in front0. Having the rider in the picture is optional, though encouraged. As there are many interior Timmy's locations, these will be allowed, too. To capture an interior location (interior locations at airports, hospitals, universities, etc. are exempt from the motorcycle requirement), take a picture of yourself holding the flag in front of the interior Timmy's. In the spirit of the grand tour, you are to ride your motorcycle to access these interior locations.

Riders are more than welcome to ride multiple motor cycles throughout the Grand Tour!

Rider submissions will be via e-mail. Submissions should be sent to timmys@therally.us

Riders will receive an auto-reply to let you know that your submission was received. Each rider will have a webpage that documents their pictures. Rider pages are located here:

http://www.therally.us/hortons/riders.htm

For your submission, please put the following in the subject line; rider last name, rider #, City/State or Province visited, Timmy's street address, date visited. It is important you submit each location individually using the above subject line format! This allows me to process your pictures in a timely manner.

You can access the Timmy's locators here:

Canada: http://www.timhortons.com/ca/locator/index.html
    US: http://www.timhortons.com/us/locator/index.html

You may visit each unique location only once. If a city has four locations, you may visit all four. Each location is worth one point. I'll have several contests within the Grand Tour.
    Some of these include:

First person to visit the first Timmys: 65 Ottawa St N, Hamilton, ON L8H 3Y9, Canada

Most overall Time Hortons visited.Most cities visited.

Most Canadian locations visited.

Most US locations visited.Most overseas locations visited .

Farthest distance from the rider's home city/state/province to a Tim Hortons.

First rider to visit all twenty-six locations in Hamilton, Ontario.

Riding to a Tim Hortons both on the Vernal Equinox & Autumnal Equinox.Most

Tim Hortons ridden to as a SS1000.

Riding to at least one Tim Hortons every month of the contest.

The Glazed Knights contest:

The rider who has the highest number of police cars photographed in Tim Horton's parking lots will win a $50 gift certificate! Your normal rules apply and each Tim can only count once for the police shot and it must be done at the same time as the rally shot. If this is an interior location, then you must take a picture of the police officer holding your rally flag (instead of you)!

The rider list, located at the url below allows for a picture.

http://rides.jasonjonas.com/riderList.php?rcid=0&id=218 ,

If you want to submit one, please e-mail me one & I'll get it posted for you. Don't worry about size, I'll crop/re-size as necessary.

I don't care what maximum resolution you shoot your pictures with (but please make sure they are at least 640x480); however, please make sure that the date/time is correct on your camera.

You don't have to turn on the imprint feature, but I want the EXIF data within each picture to be accurate for auditing purposes.

Finally, please e-mail me your cell phone number(s).

I'll program them into my phone so I know who you if you need to call me at any point.

That's all for now.

Regards,

Michael
    Broken Arrow, OK
  3. M

M Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Glad to see riders signing up. The Timmy's Grand Tour kicks off officially on the Vernal Equinox (first day of Spring), which is in five days.

Riders are welcome to join the Grand Tour anytime during the Spring or Summer. I'm working on the IBA sanctioned rides, which will be posted in the next few weeks.

Regards,

Michael
    Broken Arrow, OK
  4. paulmondor

paulmondor Iceman

Oddometer:
    Might just be me. But -55 is a bit harder on you than mud, rain or bugs:freaky
  5. Sewerat

Sewerat Cert. bike whore

Oddometer:
    Let it begin. :D
  6. Sewerat

Sewerat Cert. bike whore

Oddometer:
    Well I found my way to the first store tonight. But the bastards don't open till 5am. [​IMG]
  7. juames

juames Have Fun, Don't Die!

Oddometer:
  8. Sunday Rider

Sunday Rider Adventurer Wanabe

Oddometer:
    Starbucks. That's like a virus on this thread.:lol3
  9. M

M Adventurer

Oddometer:
    In less than 12 hours, I have seven submissions from three riders. You were the first to snag the original Timmys! :freaky

http://therally.us/hortons/riders.htm

Regards,

Michael
    Broken Arrow, OK
  10. shipwrek12001

shipwrek12001 Shipwrek

Oddometer:
    ....:freaky
  11. OurBC

OurBC Live to Travel

Oddometer:
    I picked up a hat trick today while doing the Pacific Marine Circle Route. First the Timmies on Jackilin Road in Langford, later the Tim's on Drinkwater Road in North Cowichan, then near the end the route the one in Mill Bay just before the Malahat.

[​IMG]
    Langford

[​IMG]
    North Cowichan

[​IMG]
    Mill Bay
  12. Bill 310

Bill 310 Poser Emeritus Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    You are registered in the Ride, managed to get a Police Cruiser yet ?

13. TorontoDude

TorontoDude Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    if I wanted to drink brown colored water I'd do it at home. that shit aint fit to be called coffee
  14. Crackberry

Crackberry Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Nice! :clap

15. OurBC

OurBC Live to Travel

Oddometer:
    The other morning at the Hortons on Millstream Road by Costco before the ride out to Port Renfrew for breakfast.

[​IMG]
    Tim Hortons on Millstream Road in Langford, BC
  16. bluesurf

bluesurf en dos ruedas

Oddometer:
    I saw this thread while researching New Brunswick and Quebec a week or so ago, and finally stopped to take a picture.

This is the Gaspe, Quebec, store....not sure we'll see another one on our anti-clockwise navigation of the peninsula.

The Gaspe Peninsula is an incredibly beautiful area.

[​IMG]
  17. Crackberry

Crackberry Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Great pictures... Keep them coming
  18. ricochetrider

ricochetrider MotoMojo

Oddometer:
    Canadian rte 132, somewhere between Riviere Du Loup & Quebec City.

[​IMG]
  19. skysailor

skysailor Rat Rider Supporter

Oddometer:
    Shouldn't that bike be in front of a Starbucks? Slumming?
  20. nofate

nofate what blackflies?

Oddometer:
    At the Wawa Timmy's.

DrCool's bike was parked next to mine. Thats one coffee stop I'll remember.

[​IMG]