PICTURES of BIKE'S .....

Discussion in 'Australia' started by OldOzy, Jul 8, 2009.

1. troy safari carpente

troy safari carpente Team f5oolery

Oddometer:
    As God'S was busy... I took the liberty of looking it up myself: :deal

[​IMG]

This piece of motor racing memorabillia, was a joint venture betweeen Wagga Wagga Motorcycle Wreckers Pty Ltd and Mitre10 Aerospace, to wrestle the Guiness world landspeed record for motorcycles back home to Australia, at a specially constructed high security facility to be set up on the Boggabri mudflats in 1966.

Using a 1958 Triumph Tiger chassis as the running gear, the propulsionary device for the record attempt was provided by an experimental Posio Sensitive Spurgeonomic Reo-Fractor Sphere Aggregate - (PSSR-FSA) originally developed by the Soviet space program in the 60’s; intended as a positioning drive and docking unit on the Salyut space station. Wagga Wreckers CEO - Mike Hunt - found the unit on special at a Vladivostock flea market sale, while holidaying in Siberia with his mail-order bride - Svetlana - a couple of years prior.

The PSSR-FSA featured a hypobaric chamber of polyunsaturated canola isotopes (silver canister on the downtube) which were blended together with distilled acryliolitic thyrobenzine (red Primus cylinder) - or mineral turps (if that’s all that ya’ can get your hands on - they were lateral thinker’s them Russians) - to serve as the propellant.

These two agents were combined by way of the mono-harmonic pfizzle valve (the brass fitting beside rear wheel), in order to create a fluxing gas, that upon entering the zero gravity conditions present in reo-fractor sphere, caused a high velocity spurgeonomic implosion inside the geodetic core.

This implosive energy was subsequently funneled via an inversionary wangle vortex (facing to the rear of the motorcycle) creating a positive kinetic thrust, that – in theory – should have driven the Triumph forward at an incredible rate of knots.

Unfortunately during test runs down the Hume Highway in 1964, record setting pilot Buster Coit hit a wormhole just outside of Yass, and the entire motorcycle disappeared up his own arse… remaining lost to the world for more than thirty years, until – on his death bed – Buster passed wind, and the Triumph suddenly re-appeared in a mini tornado.

As per Coits last wish, his family kindly donated the engineering masterpiece to the Broken Hill museum in memory of Buster’s heroic inter-dimensional two wheeled racing carreer. :1drink
    BergDonk, OzCRU, Ron50 and 2 others like this.
  2. dirty dennis

dirty dennis are we there yet

Oddometer:
    You need to start drinking water from bottles rather straight from the tap Troy:lol3
  3. jm-2008

jm-2008 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Clearly ‘Old School Tech’ guessing they hadn’t invented flux capacitors in the sixties.
    Thanks for your learned reply Troy!
    JM-2008
    troy safari carpente likes this.
  4. GodSilla

GodSilla I did that.

Oddometer:
    Buggered if I know. It looks to be thrust-driven from that orifice at the rear, that's where the 2 gas cylinders seem to route their stuff to. It isn't a land-speed racer though, it looks more like something you'd see for light entertainment at the drag racing or something like that. Similar to the jet-powered minivan at one of the the Olympic stadiums at Homebush when the speedway was on a few years back, half-time entertainment (that set the trackside bunting alight.....:imaposer). I think the promoters were hoping the complete lack of any OH&S in that minivan was gunna put on a real human bar-b-que but sadly the twit survived, sitting next to a drum of raw jet fuel, no seat belt, no fire extinguisher, shorts'n't-shirt, nuthin' except a throttle. :fpalm
  5. AUSSIEADV

AUSSIEADV 2wo left foots

Oddometer:
    Mum wondered where her pressure cooker went! Mum, it ‘went’ real fast!
    troy safari carpente and OzCRU like this.
  6. AUSSIEADV

AUSSIEADV 2wo left foots

Oddometer:
    The ‘wheelie wheel’ suggests maybe a 1/4 miler but I assumed jet propulsion was too slow off the mark hence my thinking land speed.
  7. AUSSIEADV

AUSSIEADV 2wo left foots

Oddometer:
    Pictures of Svetlana or it dint happen!
  8. troy safari carpente

Oddometer:
    You could be onto something there D... :nod @Phil_Fong Fongy reckon's it might be the aluminium bathroom fittings that's causing it... :1drink but most think it's just that I'm full of shit... :D

Oh, flux capacitors were around in the sixties, it's just that they were big cubersome things with old style capacitors and resistors and so forth - that you needed something the size of a DeLorean to house them in... :1drink

When the microchip came along in the late 70's, it opened the way for flux technology to blossom...then came digital with the CD capacitor, then the Mini Disc capacitor and ultimately the i-capacitor. :rofl

[​IMG]
    Leo Wanker's greatest moment... :clap:lol3

[​IMG]

The similarities are obvoius yes; the early prototype used Buster's mum's Sunbeam pressure cooker in the R & D phase... Apparently one of our own Ozsylum inmates - and budding amateur motorcycle historian - @Ron50 was out at the Boggabri mudflats a number of years back, doing some location and background reseach on the whole PSSR-FRA Triumph/Sunbeam saga; in the hope of producing a TV documentary/feature film for the ABC - much along the lines of the Burt Monroe story. The working title was; "World's Fastest Pot Roast". :nod

[​IMG]

When the implosionary reaction of the flux propellent occurs inside the geodetic sphere - there is an electromagnetic low pressure sytem created immediately behind the wangle inversion vortex orifice. Now this is not a problem in the vacuum of space - as the Ruskies were all too aware of... but on the Triumph, this resulted in diabolical wheelstands - that made it hard to keep the bike on course. So the obvious solution was the little red "wheelie" roller at the rear.

Unfortunatly for Coit, the jockey wheel was not positioned far enough back in the first design, and this was a contributing factor to the "dissapearance" of the motorcyle during his 1964 Hume Highway test run.

[​IMG]

Well, I s'pose it is a PICTURES of bikes thread... after all. :1drink
    AUSSIEADV, jm-2008 and Ron50 like this.
  9. GodSilla

GodSilla I did that.

Oddometer:
    You got it in one Troy. :thumb

Leo Wanker. That's what the guy reminded me of. :nod
    Ron50 and troy safari carpente like this.
  10. "A"

"A" numbum

Oddometer:
    Good work Troy, keep at it, you may inadvertently invent something useful to society:lol3
    From a little museum in Witmund, Germany. Check out the Argus Propellerfahrrad in the centre. It has a safety guard!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
  11. troy safari carpente

Oddometer:
    :lol3 :wave geeze "A"... if only ze walls of 'zat little German museum in Wittmund could talk... oh, ze stories 'zey would tell... ja? (voice over by Albert Einstein) :rofl
    OzCRU likes this.
  12. "A"

"A" numbum

Oddometer:
    Ja Ja, I'm bloody glad they couldn't as once the "curator" spotted my interest he wouldn't shut up and I had difficulty getting away. It's a fine line between showing interest but not too much. Anyway, Hermann the German pointed out the twin snorkel, engine powered device. The Mini - U - Boot. It was made by an East German and he used it to successfully escape to the west.
  13. troy safari carpente

Oddometer:
    @"A"

Hermann is more than likely an old easter-block colleague of Dr Untermaneuver and Vladinir Kildimselv.
    OzCRU and jm-2008 like this.
  14. flinders_72

flinders_72 Long timer

Oddometer:
    The old easter block - let's not go down that rabbit hole...
    Dave Ward likes this.
  15. troy safari carpente

Oddometer:
    Ahhh ze good old days... ja? the era of nasty lead based paintjobs, rusty chrome and leaky old smokin' two strokes... :1drink

CZ
    [​IMG]

DKW
    upload_2019-9-6_8-47-22.jpeg

Kreidler
    [​IMG]

MZ
    [​IMG]

Zundapp
    [​IMG]

Hercules
    [​IMG]

Sachs
    [​IMG]
  16. lurkin

lurkin Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  17. troy safari carpente

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

"sometimes, I just fall down on my knees and I..."

// lurkin :D

[​IMG]
    Ducksbane, Chalkie62, pops and 4 others like this.
  18. lurkin

lurkin Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    ask and you shall receive ...
  19. Ron50

Ron50 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Yea verily, I asked for the Megamoto and was blessed with a gift from heaven.
    VTR and MM bogong (2).JPG
  20. BOOTLACE

BOOTLACE Bikie Scum. Supporter

Oddometer:
    Broken. A bit.

5F78AC10-29A4-4CC8-8AF9-3E9CE41168BF.jpeg