Pine Barrens rides (please read first post)

Discussion in 'Northeast - Greater Flugistan and home of the carp' started by NJ-Bill, Mar 15, 2016.

1. RebelYell

RebelYell Long timer

Oddometer:
    I like that color blue on your jeep..been wanting to get out the cold weather hasn't been conducive to my body..not getting better as I get older either lol
    Kevm likes this.
  2. RebelYell

RebelYell Long timer

Oddometer:
    Yeah I have co workers that ride quads,their mentality is there us no other way to go then send it,ride balls to the wall etc..then they wonder why their stuff is always broken or blown up..there lucky they haven't wrecked bad yet..they laugh at me for riding like an old man maybe 46 is old compared to 26 lol..then again my bike isn't brokem nor am I at least not from riding lol
  3. RebelYell

RebelYell Long timer

Oddometer:
    I almost bought a roxor until I found out it wasn't street legal,20 grand n not street legal is not practical for me..it was sweet because it was so simple it looked like you could fix it w a screwdriver fonzarelli style ..
    Kevm likes this.
  4. Kevm

Kevm Eternal Optimist

Oddometer:
    I kinda look at quads as being the jet skis of the forest. They're fantastically capable tools that are relatively inexpensive and easy to operate. So that lends them a tendency to be attractive to some who will abuse them.
    RebelYell likes this.
  5. RebelYell

RebelYell Long timer

Oddometer:
    I have a raptor 700 but I really just put around on it,sure ill get on it here n there but most of time if I come to a view whether its a mountain top or lake ill shut it off n take in the beauty of it for several minutes ,or if I meet someone the mouth will be running more then the motor lol..that wheeler will put ya on ya bum or head if ya ain't careful..after have ridden the wheeler last few years n now I'm back to a bike whoo boy what a change..definitely gotta be back on my a game on the bike
  6. turtlespeed

turtlespeed Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Not sure if you can make them legal in NJ by ponking in some stuff like this guy did:

"I talked with Wayne via Facebook and he explained the process of getting the Roxor road-legal. He mentioned equipping his rig with a half cab and lights—including blinkers and hazards—along with windshield wipers. After having it inspected by state police, he was well on his way to chasing that long white line. Pretty simple, all things considered."

https://www.thedrive.com/news/38496...ouldnt-be-possible-but-this-guy-pulled-it-off
    RebelYell likes this.
  7. RebelYell

RebelYell Long timer

Oddometer:
    I read that,it was an awesome story,his wife followed him in his new fiat jeep ,I think the jeep had more problems then the roxor..lol mahindra was or is actually the original military jeep,I believe they made if for jeep n the military..makes me laugh w all this lawsuit bs that goes on n the outcome of the rulings has me smh most of the time...
  8. RebelYell

RebelYell Long timer

Oddometer:
    the dealer where I bought my drz had sold them..they told me from the lawsuits n price of them to no one wanted them when they found out they weren't legal..it was basically a all around cluster fuck n the dealer was glad to be free n from out of them..good riddance he said
  9. BigBluKlr

BigBluKlr Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Also favor the Blue
    So I know this isn't a Jeep forum but when I was replying to the Blue It just dawned on me - I think I have a Blue problem - I'm only in the Jeep world for the last couple months
    20190601_094021 (2).jpg 20201101_115410.jpg
    Kevm likes this.
  10. Crazybrian

Crazybrian Resident Moose

Oddometer:
    Lucilles was pack Sunday. Quads and SXS everywhere. Going to ruin it for the dirtbike people who do it legally.
    RebelYell and Kevm like this.
  11. Kevm

Kevm Eternal Optimist

Oddometer:
    That sucks.
    RebelYell likes this.
  12. racermx66

racermx66 Suzuki

Oddometer:
    I saw a bunch of Side by Sides that were street legal at the Jeep show in Seaside back in September. All the guys were from Jersey, but registered them in Montana. They had Montana license plates. Saw them driving down Rt 37. There's a club for street legal SxS in NJ that has all the info.
  13. bemiiten

bemiiten League of Adventures

Oddometer:
    Side by sides are the last thing we need in the pine barrens. They are decimating the trails in Moab and Colorado.
    Kevm and RebelYell like this.
  14. RebelYell

RebelYell Long timer

Oddometer:
    Back in 11 I was down in Carolina adventure world..dirtwheels was testing the utvs ..the one woman came flying around the trail in a yellow can am overshot the turn n almost hit me on.my wheeler..boy was I cussing n seething,after seeing the damage they do to trails not to mention if they ever hit ya..no.no.no it will be the end of all trail riding in the pines...fb has a meme it showed dirtbike said expert,quad pro then.it showed the utv w beer cooler said professional beer drinker..I swear thats not off the mark seeing them out in rac w beer coolers acting like complete fools n dufuses..it takes no absolutely no skill to.pilot one.no.thanks ill stick w my bikes n quads..
  15. RebelYell

RebelYell Long timer

Oddometer:
    Off today due to covid,if I can get my butt up get some safety videos for work done.maybe ill gear up n go down to.brendan byrne today
  16. BigBluKlr

BigBluKlr Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    My neighbor has a licensed street legal side by side which I questioned him - how is that possible? - He explained a very complicated sideways registration in another state makes it so, as mentioned above. My god it's hard enough finding anything not paved, outside of the pine barrens. If that gets shut down, back to pedal power
  17. Kevm

Kevm Eternal Optimist

Oddometer:
    I have to say that as much as I hate generalizations, I'm not sure I can think of a single side-by-side owner that doesn't fit that description, though I hope that's just confirmation bias. I do think yahoos on any motorized vehicle bring us one step closer to losing everything.
    RebelYell likes this.
  18. RebelYell

RebelYell Long timer

Oddometer:
    Where is Lucille at I've never heard of that place??
  19. Kevm

Kevm Eternal Optimist

Oddometer:
    1496 Main St, Barnegat, NJ 08005

Screenshot_20210113-150244.jpg
    RebelYell and keepshoveling like this.
  20. RebelYell

RebelYell Long timer

Oddometer:
    Silly me I thought it was a riding area..boy I feel.stupid now