Pine Barrens rides (please read first post)

Discussion in 'Northeast - Greater Flugistan and home of the carp' started by NJ-Bill, Mar 15, 2016.

1. docgonzo

docgonzo Old Gadfly

Oddometer:
    within 20 miles of the Center of the Universe
    Boys, boys, boys...... We are all too old to be healing broken bones and torn ligaments. The Pine Barrens are loads of fun if you ride the kinder and gentler kinda rides. No one is giving medals for going fast on the straights. Takes basically no talent to do that. Slow down. In the curves, practice your technique, and be careful in the deeper sand areas, which are pretty easy to see and anticipate. It is a fallacy to think going faster is the answer. When you crash going faster, you get hurt.
    Figure out how to ride the deep sand at a reasonable pace. Technique, rather then speed.

That being said, it was a beautiful day to do 70 miles and 3 hours in the 100 acre wood. All legal stuff. No bugs. No SUVs on cell phones. No 18 wheelers. 45 degrees and exercise made it very pleasant. Even passed a police car in Penn State Forest, and he smiled and waved to me. He was looking for quads and illegal bikes.

Here's a few photos of the legal stuff I did. I did get lost at one point. Thank goodness for GPS to find my way out!

IMG_2656.JPG IMG_2657.JPG IMG_2658.JPG
    Copracer288, Kevm and PullingG's like this.
  2. docgonzo

docgonzo Old Gadfly

Oddometer:
    within 20 miles of the Center of the Universe
    p.s., did you see that my bike got 1st and 2nd in the Dakar rally this year? :-)
    Screen Shot 2021-01-15 at 4.07.14 PM.png
    decafe and RebelYell like this.
  3. RebelYell

RebelYell Long timer

Oddometer:
    Was at brendan byrne state forest this afternoon did bout 20 miles. Definitely not close to 71..I agree w your riding advice docgonzo..Had a co worker that said you had to go fast to stay on top of it..I'm from the faster you go the harder you'll crash n wreck mentality myself.that damn dizzer seat if you don't gave hemroids you will after ya done riding the drz

Attached Files:

4. RebelYell

RebelYell Long timer

Oddometer:
    Taking a break

Attached Files:

5. Copracer288

Copracer288 How hard can it be?

Oddometer:
    I have a Seat Concepts seat for a DRZ I’d sell. PM me if you are interested.
    RebelYell likes this.
  6. decafe

decafe Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Think of going out tomorrow around 930 from Batso if anyone is intrested. 50 miles nice and easystuff. I got a nice loop I do Possible lunch at the Pic Lilly !!
  7. RebelYell

RebelYell Long timer

Oddometer:
    Is there a place to.park a truck n trailer in batso or Wharton state forest?
  8. bemiiten

bemiiten League of Adventures

Oddometer:
    You can park at Wharton SF. Intersection of RT206 and Quaker Bridge Rd, Across from Atsion Lake. Plenty of room for a truck and trailer.
    RebelYell likes this.
  9. RebelYell

RebelYell Long timer

Oddometer:
    Thats where i.parked it,just got home wow what an adventure .!!
    decafe likes this.
  10. Kevm

Kevm Eternal Optimist

Oddometer:
    Wonder if we saw anyone here today.

Only saw one lone rider right after he'd come across Hampton Bridge heading towards 206/Atsion.

The family and I were walking along with trash bags and pickers. PXL_20210118_161300986.jpg
    StanBo, bemiiten, RebelYell and 2 others like this.
  11. decafe

decafe Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I have 13 acres in Nesco. Pm me and I’ll give you address you can park anywhere on asphalt.
    RebelYell likes this.
  12. shreddr

shreddr No try, do or not do

Oddometer:
    Not feeling the need to speed is why i sold my crotch rocket and bought a GS. Sweet little machine you got there, but I would want to tow a 250 to the trailhead rather than ride it there. The GS I can ride there with ease but the big beast is a little clunky in the sand.
  13. rj95lss

rj95lss still searching...

Oddometer:
    It’s more than a little chunky...haha
  14. RebelYell

RebelYell Long timer

Oddometer:
    I rode around that structure around 2 ish yesterday I don't remember seeing a blue jeep,down the trail there was 2 other vehicles around,1 couple was walking w their dogs..other vehicle was empty .ended up getting lost n way out of my way ended.up on asphalt out by bass river on 632 I believe..had a canoer n a state trooper get me.on right path back to 206..even tho I had clothing n gloves on once that sun started setting it was freaking freezing,my hands were blue by time I got back to truck..not hard to get lost out there. The trooper was like do you wanna stick to black top or go thru the woods..I'm like no woods !! Lol be different if I wasn't half freezing to death maybe.. when I 1st got down there a couple w their daughter pulled up w 3 klxs..
  15. dstutz

dstutz Long timer

Oddometer:
    The nice thing about the big twin GSs is they don't fall all the way over! I don't miss picking one up though. Going from a 1200GS with 50/50 tires to a DRZ400 with knobbies was incredible.
  16. RebelYell

RebelYell Long timer

Oddometer:
    shame people have to litter n graffiti everything ..2 big pet.peeves of mine..grrrr ..here's a pic by Roseland/Whalen farms and my drz on Monday at brendan.byrne

Attached Files:

17. RebelYell

RebelYell Long timer

Oddometer:
    So far aside from the poor ass seat the drz is a terrific trail bike! I don't know the road its a huge clear-cut road goes for miles..its wide enough for a 4 lane highway ..I had the drz up to 45 to try to make.up time before it got dark,usually my speeds in the trail were in the 20s..as I usually ride alone I don't need to be getting hurt in the woods..
  18. dstutz

dstutz Long timer

Oddometer:
    1) Washington Turnpike (https://goo.gl/maps/RBxM8TRWt76D5grU6)
    2) Be careful in Wharton...20mph speed limit in the whole park. On Washington Turnpike in particular I have seen park police parked along there on more than one occasion.
    RebelYell likes this.
  19. RebelYell

RebelYell Long timer

Oddometer:
    If I had seen you Kevm I'd of stopped said hello n helped you out picking up the trash..thanks for the heads up ds,yeah my speeds were in the 15 to.25 range no one was around.not like I wanna take a header into a tree ill be mindful
  20. RebelYell

RebelYell Long timer

Oddometer:
    yea once I got onto the asphalt it was the speed limit.they love to drive very fast n like morons down there I notice,actually most of the state drives like arm chair indy 500 pilots