Pine Barrens rides (please read first post)

Discussion in 'Northeast - Greater Flugistan and home of the carp' started by NJ-Bill, Mar 15, 2016.

1. RebelYell

RebelYell Long timer

Oddometer:
    Going down quaker bridge road i did see a gaggle of jeeps i pulled over for.The one guy was on a tow rope i jokingly said ya had to send it huh?! He said yup full send w a chuckle..the few people I did see or come across were friendly n respectful..
  2. RebelYell

RebelYell Long timer

Oddometer:
    Next time I gotta get there way earlier so I can figure the place out better.boy I didn't know my butt from my hole yesterday good thing I had my cell w me or id of been really sol
  3. RebelYell

RebelYell Long timer

Oddometer:
    And I thought the drz was a lil chunky
  4. RebelYell

RebelYell Long timer

Oddometer:
    I didn't see any park rangers,doesn't mean they weren't out there..not sure if they have off for mlb yesterday or not..I'm a government employee and I had off, when i.pulled up there was 2 state troopers n another k9 unit one pulled up as i was gearing up..
  5. RebelYell

RebelYell Long timer

Oddometer:
    I picked up my concept seat this weekend,and wouldn't ya know no sooner before I can get out again its gonna snow this week..bangs head..sick of cold weather..March I'm going out for surgery and will be.laid up for 6 to.8 weeks so February im.preying it stays somewhat warm n snow free..
    ReCycled likes this.
  6. decafe

decafe Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Got to get a nice loop in before football. Cold but sunny . Explored the Goshen Pond area entering at 3 bridges and then back to Batso !! Nice little 25 mile day. Hands were cold. B7252E5F-34AD-4225-B48D-DEC0276BE134.jpeg 446E5C62-1BF7-4358-865A-E087343C75C5.jpeg 931700EE-57EA-4994-B622-2261B4BE129D.jpeg B7252E5F-34AD-4225-B48D-DEC0276BE134.jpeg 446E5C62-1BF7-4358-865A-E087343C75C5.jpeg 931700EE-57EA-4994-B622-2261B4BE129D.jpeg B7252E5F-34AD-4225-B48D-DEC0276BE134.jpeg 446E5C62-1BF7-4358-865A-E087343C75C5.jpeg 931700EE-57EA-4994-B622-2261B4BE129D.jpeg
    ebbanflood, bemiiten, Bhart89 and 6 others like this.
  7. mentolio

mentolio King of the island of unwanted toys...

Oddometer:
    RebelYell and decafe: My DR250 has Bike Master heated grips installed, and they work wonderfully for off-road (and on, at least at the speeds I ride). Cheap-cheap, easy to install and operate, and work surprisingly well.

decafe: congrats on the T7, looks awesome!
    JamesFromNJ, RebelYell and decafe like this.
  8. BigBluKlr

BigBluKlr Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I do like the 700. Not sure those tires would handle skating. I think in the next couple weeks there is suppose to be the new KLR reveal. I hope Kawasaki doesn't string us along like Yamaha did with the 700. I wanted to ride yesterday just see if I killed my KLR. Last couple weeks I was doing all the KLR stuff, Doohicky, Frame bolts, Carb, Rally Dash. Saturday I got it put back together. It ran in the drive way ok. Still got to get those Tusk Dual Sport tires on and get back into the woods
  9. mentolio

Oddometer:
    “Still got to get those Tusk Dual Sport tires on and get back into the woods”

yeah you do! those Pirelli’s (scorpions, right?) have had their day! The Tusk DS ADV tires are surprisingly smooth onroad for how aggressive the tread looks. Just make sure you warm them up -A LOT- first. My rear was a mutha to install, even after sitting in the sun in 90 degree weather!
  10. BigBluKlr

Oddometer:
    I'm eying up the wood stove and just suspend them over for awhile. Glad to hear they are ok on the road as that's more than dirt these days but 2021 resolution, get dirty
    mentolio likes this.
  11. mentolio

Oddometer:
    Not that this helps, but when I did my Seat Concepts seat on the DR, it was cold in the garage. I cut two small holes in the box in which it was delivered, shoved an old hairdryer in one hole, switched on “low-warm” and walked away for about 20 min. Worked like a charm! Now I just have to find a box big enough for tires!
  12. Bhart89

Bhart89 Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Kawasaki’s reveal is tomorrow. :clap
  13. BigBluKlr

Oddometer:
    Watch out Yamaha, The Tenere 700 is about to get slam-dunked on by the new KLR-700:rofl
  14. mentolio

Oddometer:
    Any news on if Yamaha is replacing the WR250R with ....anything (WR300R???)? If not, the KLX300 might be the “slam dunk.”
  15. decafe

decafe Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Yes scorpion pro rally I do 90/10 dirt so for the little I’m on the road they are fine. More than makes up for it in the sand. I wanted Michelin Desert but was gonna delay me ridding the bike for 2weeks.
  16. USMC_Engineer

USMC_Engineer Let’s Ride

Oddometer:
    I Did 35-40 miles of sandy Piney riding yesterday on my new 2020 WR250R (Garacross MT-16’s mounted) and it was glorious. Started at Attison, and did several zigzags across the whole area. Slowing down to a crawl and waving to many friendly pedestrians along the way. I did not see another motorcycle that entire afternoon.

It started to get dark really quick so I headed to pick-a-Lilli. That was an epic fail. I walked in there shivering and barely able to move my limbs and they told me at minimum a half hour plus wait and the bar was closed so I reluctantly pulled another fleece out of the Kreiga, and soldiered on back home wearing 6 layers..

The just under 50 mile ride to get there and back home was freakin brutal. Froze my we-we off. It sucked. Haha.

No pictures at all due to the fact I was frozen and also do the fact last I checked it was Forbiden, illegal and disgraceful to post pictures of the Pine barrens on this thread?Not sure if the rules have changed? Is this the thread where you get disgraced for posting pictures of the Pine barrens, or am I in the wrong thread.. Because I will take pictures next time if allowed by the higher powers. Pls advise :)

...Or was that only no pictures of puddles or something?
  17. RebelYell

RebelYell Long timer

Oddometer:
    Were you able to use the passenger strap on the seat concept seat mentolio??
  18. RebelYell

RebelYell Long timer

Oddometer:
    Haha I know about frozen,it took me more then 20 minutes in my truck on ride home last week to get the pins n needles out of my hands
  19. RebelYell

RebelYell Long timer

Oddometer:
    I have Dunlop 606 on.my drz ,I haven't heard these mentioned ,are these not good tires??
  20. RebelYell

RebelYell Long timer

Oddometer:
    I think.you can post pics ,the pics they dont want you posting are stuck, rutted up stuff because stuff.like that gives the tree huggers n anti access crowd more power against us..
    USMC_Engineer likes this.