Pine Barrens rides (please read first post)

Discussion in 'Northeast - Greater Flugistan and home of the carp' started by NJ-Bill, Mar 15, 2016.

1. mentolio

mentolio King of the island of unwanted toys...

Oddometer:
    RebelYell: nope, no strap. SC seat kit is too thick/high even if you wanted to use the strap (strap not long enough for extra girth of seat). D606 good? Yup. Pics? I post none. Anything can be taken out of context, even an innocent picture. I think the consensus is to make the “eco-terrorists” look elsewhere for stuff to cry about.
    RebelYell likes this.
  2. RebelYell

RebelYell Long timer

Oddometer:
    why I was telling usmc engineer that..I 86ed strap it didn't fit,threw it out like a bad habit..actually i.put it in box w old seat that came off the drz..maybe if the weather isn't shiznit this weekend I'll go get on out..
  3. RebelYell

RebelYell Long timer

Oddometer:
    I had stealership put on 606s before I even took bike,them death wings weren't gonna work for me..even the 606s are kind of borderline in dirt
  4. Copracer288

Copracer288 How hard can it be?

Oddometer:
    606's were always my go-to tire. I've used them on a lot of bikes. I have Motoz Tractionator Enduro IT's on my 350 now. So far I like them. It's a bit too early to tell if I like them more than the 606's. Pirelli MT-21's are pretty good too.
    RebelYell likes this.
  5. mentolio

Oddometer:
    RebelYell: if you find those D606’s sketchy, try lowering your tire pressure? My tires are pretty aggressive, but I still lower my pressure to 12-15 psi for more sure footed ness in the sand,etc. I carry a portable air pump and just fill ‘em back up to the 20s for the ride home (40-ish miles on pavement).
  6. RebelYell

RebelYell Long timer

Oddometer:
    I think.dealer has them at 20 mentolio..thanks for the heads up! Been on a bike for 21 years, guess I still.have alot to learn..still miss that.kdx 220r n zr7s.. I just haven't heard anyone mention the 606 n it had me thinking if i.picked wrong tire..my aprilia rxv had em..it seems the.more aggressive I ride the better they seem to grip tho..omg after today I need a drink.n.a ride not necessarily in that order...I work for town,and salted today,omg so many mental.midget drivers cheese n rice....gotta make the.job that much.more stressful..
  7. RebelYell

RebelYell Long timer

Oddometer:
    My buddy from work has a dr 350,w abig bore 435 kit in.it..i.rode it.once,trying to start that thing is a drill fer sho..no.one.is stealing that thing..I told him ya should rename it the ktm 435,yeah kick.ten minutes .lmao after trading.off he said what did I think..I told him if I was stuck w this thing id wheel it down the creek n walk back to truck n go.home..he got a real kick out of that.
  8. RebelYell

RebelYell Long timer

Oddometer:
    • I'd love to have someone help show me how to adjust / set up suspension on my bike..dealership prepped bike n sent.me out the door basically..or at least.point me in the right direction
  9. Jersey Lou

Jersey Lou Adventurer

Oddometer:
    RebelYell likes this.
  10. mentolio

Oddometer:
    Proper spring rate is really the single biggest thing you can do to improve suspension performance. The spring rates on most (probably all) Japanese manufactured bikes is too soft for any rider that weighs much more than 160# with gear. I rebuilt (with higher rate springs) the suspension on my friend’s ‘07 DRS right before we went up to Coal Twp in PA for a ride. Was all rocks and hills, and he loved it. He said it felt like a whole different animal. My DR suspension is also resprung with some additional valving in the shock, and I can’t even quantify how much BETTER the bike feels, both on road and off. Being able to get proper sag set is a must! I could get either of our bikes close to proper sag with stock springs, but the rates were still too soft and made the bikes feel vague and “unplanted,” especially in sand. Just doing the springs made my bike feel like I had installed better, more aggressive tires (which at that point I had NOT) if that makes sense to you. Proper suspension set-up=sooo much better!
    Jersey Lou and RebelYell like this.
  11. Copracer288

Oddometer:
    If you want the suspension professionally set up for your weight and riding style, I recommend this guy: http://www.werproducts.net/

He did my 350 and I am very happy with it. Drew is very knowledgeable and will take the time to explain everything and answer any questions you have.
  12. Jersey Lou

Jersey Lou Adventurer

Oddometer:
    KB5 is located in Denver, PA. Brad set my drz400s for northeast rocky single track. He did an awesome job. Believe it or not, with the right set-up, the drz can be a single track machine.
    RebelYell and mentolio like this.
  13. RebelYell

RebelYell Long timer

Oddometer:
    Im.not looking to.ride it like randy Hawkins just set it up right for me
  14. RebelYell

RebelYell Long timer

Oddometer:
    Wow wer products isn't too far away from hot dog Johnny's on rtb46..I know they ain't good for you but they taste oh so.good..lol
  15. RebelYell

RebelYell Long timer

Oddometer:
    It makes me sad usmc engineer that the people that attack us have never in a day in their life experienced the thrill of a motorcycle or they wouldn't attack us like they do...
  16. RebelYell

RebelYell Long timer

Oddometer:
    looking at those watery bogs riding last week even as a kid I always wanted to see how cranberries were grown n.harvested...was looking for bayberry bushes,they smell great too
  17. Copracer288

Oddometer:
    You're really working on your post count, aren't you. :lol3
  18. Milekone

Milekone Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    JamesFromNJ likes this.
  19. RebelYell

RebelYell Long timer

Oddometer:
    sorry I was in a chatty Cathy mood last night obviously