Pine Barrens rides (please read first post)

Discussion in 'Northeast - Greater Flugistan and home of the carp' started by NJ-Bill, Mar 15, 2016.

1. mentolio

mentolio King of the island of unwanted toys...

Oddometer:
    Doc, big bikes or little bikes? I’m unlikely to make it, but you never know...
  2. docgonzo

docgonzo Old Gadfly

Oddometer:
    within 20 miles of the Center of the Universe
    I'm gonna be on my little bike. But any bike will do on my usual kinder and gentler ride. Hope you can make it.

Speaking of big bikes, got to demo the new Ducati V4 Multistrada today! What an amazing machine. Was very tempted to just head South and try it out on some sand, but it didn't have the right tires!:-)

IMG_2733.JPG
    DeadGuy and Crazybrian like this.
  3. Crazybrian

Crazybrian Resident Moose

Oddometer:
  4. auto

auto Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I"m gone to hook up with you guys at Atsion Sunday. Breaking my son in for some fun in the pines. We'll be on DS bikes
    decafe likes this.
  5. Glade

Glade Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Got the knobbies on and partially balanced-the front shakes my fillings out at any speeds over 50. I suppose I'll have to have it balanced on a machine next week. See you tomorrow morning.
  6. decafe

decafe Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Doc I’m going out little earlier will meet up at Atison at 10
  7. decafe

decafe Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Got home I had to leave Doc and guys a little early . Awesome day to be out and about in Pines. 72DDDE00-4C4A-4168-A08E-C3C1F2553976.jpeg
    DeadGuy, RebelYell and NJ-Bill like this.
  8. mentolio

Oddometer:
    Man, what a day! I wanted to join, but had a prior engagement that disallowed that. I did get out to see a friend in Shamong, and the whole time we were on his back deck there were Dual Sports (and a few smokers) running back and forth on Atsion Rd. So stinking jealous!!
    DeadGuy and RebelYell like this.
  9. docgonzo

docgonzo Old Gadfly

Oddometer:
    within 20 miles of the Center of the Universe
    Nice to have you with us. What a spectacular day in the 100 acre wood! Endless sunshine, not a cloud in the sky, no bugs, and the conditions were at peak summer. Even the puddles were manageable.
    We had 7 bikes at the start. 6 of us did a nice civilized lunch at Lucille's, basking in the sun on the porch. Only complain was that they ran out of liverwurst!
    The start:
    IMG_2740.JPG

Lunch with "Auto" and son, "Deadguy", "Glade" and Jim (sorry for the tease!):

IMG_2746.JPG
  10. auto

auto Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hey nice hooking up with your crew. My son(Greg) enjoyed the ride and the company. Have to keep hammering him out there,lol Looking forward to riding with you guys again.
    Joe
    decafe and Kevm like this.
  11. NJ-Bill

NJ-Bill Life is good Supporter

Oddometer:
    Who had the XT350? What year is that? I had a 1987 XT350 back in the day; my first street legal dirt bike.
    RebelYell and decafe like this.
  12. Inheritance

Inheritance n00b

Oddometer:
    Good riding with you guys and looking forward to round 2 in a couple weeks. Jim can feel free to upgrade his kit through RevZilla any time he wants. That's my '89 XT. Picked it up over the winter as an experiment away from street riding and this was off-road ride no. 1. Since the first page says don't post pics from the woods, here's another parking lot picture of it.

Attached Files:

auto, decafe, bemiiten and 1 other person like this.
  13. mentolio

Oddometer:
    ‘89 XT350 was my first motorcycle, purchased new in spring of 89. I rode the balls off that thing for the next 6 years, and sold it to a buddy just before I PCSed out of Alaska. Good times on that little bugger. I hope it serves you long and well.
    NJ-Bill likes this.
  14. NJ-Bill

NJ-Bill Life is good Supporter

Oddometer:
    That bike was indestructible. Here is the only picture I have of my 1987 XT. Screenshot_20210321-214936.png
    ebbanflood, decafe, mentolio and 2 others like this.
  15. RebelYell

RebelYell Long timer

Oddometer:
    Thats a cherry xt,funny how when I was looking at dual sports last year there was none..right after I bought my drz bing they all start popping up used go figure..rolls eyes...hopefully in a few more weeks I'll be recovered enough from hernia surgery to be back to riding again
  16. Glade

Glade Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Nice ride today Doc and guys-thanks. Good company, great weather, great meal at Lucille's, and I finally got back over there with a good group of guys. Thanks to Ed for helping me with my first tip over with the new bike (on the trailer)-haha. Oh well-it's always good to get the first ding out of the way. I attached a pic from the lunch stop (Doc and Jim). Hey, that's my new bike in the foreground! Now, if I could just learn how to unload it from the trailer.

Attached Files:

DeadGuy likes this.
  17. DeadGuy

DeadGuy Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Can't beat the weather yesterday. Had fun. Great variety of bikes and good company, nice to meet ya'll. Jim's Klim ADV apparel, the best ! Lol, it's their new piney line, ..ha ha. Got back to my house clocking 85 miles in all, so round trip to Lucille's from my place is a tank with about 10 miles to spare.
    NJ-Bill likes this.
  18. Jimmie Johnson

Jimmie Johnson n00b

Oddometer:
    When do you all plan on meeting up again?
  19. DeadGuy

DeadGuy Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I'd be up for next Sunday again, if the weather cooperates. Also, the occasional weekday morning.
  20. O Captain My Captain

O Captain My Captain Upsetting the apple cart

Oddometer:
    What tires are you running on the T7? How does it do in the sand?