1. ADVRIDER Print Magazine!
    We're doing two more print magazines year. July & November. 144 pages of high quality adventure riding stories, photography and interviews!

Click here to purchase both for $35.
    Dismiss Notice

Pine Barrens rides (please read first post)

Discussion in 'Northeast - Greater Flugistan and home of the carp' started by NJ-Bill, Mar 15, 2016.

1. Sno Dawg

Sno Dawg Long timer

Oddometer:
    I was thinking about sumo wheels because I do twisty roads on my 701, and I have to say the bike is fun to lean into curves on with a set of knobbies. It is so light, and narrow that it is actually flickable and snappy in and out of corners. I am sure the sumo wheels would help, but unless I find a cheap pair, I will spend my money on tires.
    IMG_4382-X5.jpg IMG_4385-X5.jpg
  2. RebelYell

RebelYell Long timer

Oddometer:
    I like the truck bro! Love the euro bikes but kind of too rich for my blood right now
    Sno Dawg likes this.
  3. Glade

Glade Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Try Cycle House.com. I just got a spare set of Warp 9 wheels with blue hubs, black Elite rims, rotors, and speed sensors for the 701 Enduro for less than $800! I'm pretty sure that they have S/M wheelsets for the 701 too.
    Sno Dawg likes this.
  4. decafe

decafe Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Great Day out with Doc and Mr Jaros yesterday. Sand is definetly deep and Doc let us get some speed out on the trails. Lunch at Lucille’s was as always great . SnoDawg I can’t believe I missed you out. Next time call if you still have my #. We are talking NEBDR at end of June.......? DEDAD19E-FD16-40B1-9A73-0EACB5C66A43.jpeg
    Sno Dawg, jimj911 and NJ-Bill like this.
  5. docgonzo

docgonzo Old Gadfly

Oddometer:
    within 20 miles of the Center of the Universe
    :clap:clap
    Fantastic day in the 100 acre wood. Liverwurst and onion rings at Lucilles was the best!
    Thanks for the company, fellows! We did about 70 miles of spirited cruising! Sweet!
    IMG_2925.JPG
    Sno Dawg, Crazybrian and decafe like this.
  6. docgonzo

docgonzo Old Gadfly

Oddometer:
    Thursday, May27 kinder and gentler ride out of Atsion ranger station.
    Meet 9:15, KSU at 9:30
  7. mentolio

mentolio King of the island of unwanted toys...

Oddometer:
    Oooh! I may be able to make that! Small bikes or big? Doubt I’ll have née shoes on the AT by then, but you never know?
  8. docgonzo

docgonzo Old Gadfly

Oddometer:
    I'll probably be on the 250 Rally, but a big bike will work as well. Hope you can make it.
  9. Glade

Glade Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I plan to be there Doc.
  10. mentolio

Oddometer:
    Hey Doc, ok if I bring a friend? He’ll likely have to break off around 10/1030 to go to work, but he REALLY wants to ride.
  11. docgonzo

docgonzo Old Gadfly

Oddometer:
    No problem. The more the merrier.
  12. mentolio

Oddometer:
    Sweet! See you there.
  13. hodaka125

hodaka125 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Doc it was great riding with you and the guys today. Thanks for me letting ride with you guys.
  14. Sno Dawg

Sno Dawg Long timer

Oddometer:
    That looks like a nice group and I agree about the sand being soft!

I hope to get down there when school ends in a few weeks and I could do weekdays!!

Sno Dawg
    RebelYell and Crazybrian like this.
  15. docgonzo

docgonzo Old Gadfly

Oddometer:
    Was a great day in the 100 acre wood. Low humidity, rain the day before made the conditions perfect (no dust, packed sand), and we did about 92 miles! Whitesbog was especially nice. Thanks, Tony, Mike and Jeff for the company. Nice bunch.

IMG_2965.JPG IMG_2966.JPG
    decafe and Sno Dawg like this.
  16. Glade

Glade Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    That was a good ride and we had great weather for the whole day. Thanks again Doc for putting it together and thanks to Tony and Jeff for some good company and riding companions.
  17. tootallpines

tootallpines Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  18. Sno Dawg

Sno Dawg Long timer

Oddometer:
    Hey Doc - I can't wait to ride with you and @decafe again this summer. You guys know all of the good trails in that region. With the rain we are getting today and tomorrow, the sand should b easier to deal with. I hope that my next trip in to Brendon Byrne - I really like those woods and the loamy trails after a few days in the sandy roads of Wharton.

Keep my in the loop when you are heading out during the week.

Sno Dawg
    decafe and Crazybrian like this.
  19. kunya123

kunya123 n00b

Oddometer:
    hello doc... reading a lot of praise for you and the pine barren rides... i am new to this forum and adv riding. i would love to join you on the next ride. live in central nj. ride 1290 Super advernture r, s1000r, zx6r, vmax gen2. slowing down on sport riding and have the bdr on my list.

just finished the blue ridge pwy, tail of the dragon and around 70 miles of gravel in cherokee forest.. cant wait to hit the pine barrens.. will be closely watching this thread for the next ride.
    Sno Dawg likes this.
  20. ayeroller

ayeroller Adventurer

Oddometer:
    5CA797B7-1A69-4AE6-974F-1B3F28C58DEE.jpeg 8E356887-9E3F-4792-ADC8-5E1E1742A4D0.jpeg
    Met this guy this afternoon about 2 miles south of Pasadena Rd. He was about 3.5 ft long. I’ve been riding and camping in the Pine Barrens for over 40 years this is the first rattlesnake I’ve ever seen