Pine Barrens rides (read rules before posting)

Discussion in 'Northeast - Greater Flugistan and home of the carp' started by NJ-Bill, Mar 15, 2016.

1. mda185

mda185 Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Stan, I am looking forward to meeting again tomorrow. I think I saw you at another event also but can't remember where. I am riding a smaller bike most of the time now. It is a 2017 KTM 350EXCF. I picked it up as a leftover late in 2018. I had the suspension lowered, revalved and sprung for my weight and riding ability which wiped out the savings I got buying it as a leftover but I really like it. I still have the DR and the BMW GS. The GS mostly gathers dust now that most of my riding is off road oriented. Do you ever get out to Famous Reading Outdoors? I meet Eric there a couple of times a year and I joined Delaware Valley Trail Riders which introduced me to more riders that frequent PA riding areas.
    Pineyrider likes this.
  2. docgonzo

docgonzo Old Gadfly

Oddometer:
    within 20 miles of the Center of the Universe
    Me too? Would love to join you folks on Saturday. Have you decided on a time yet? Remember, the Village Donut closes at 11!:-)
    Pineyrider likes this.
  3. mda185

Oddometer:
    Doc, Stan told me the plan is to meet at Assunpink Boat Launch at 1100. Village Donut is a great idea but I don't think he can get the others meeting him down here early enough.
    Pineyrider likes this.
  4. docgonzo

docgonzo Old Gadfly

Oddometer:
    Sounds good. See you at 11:00.
    Pineyrider likes this.
  5. StanBo

StanBo Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Omg this is making more happy then I can say. Doc this is the route you took me and a group on years ago. I talk you and the slow old fart riders up to my friends all the time.

Yes we would like to start earlier but I have a buddy trailering in from CT because he loves the pineys so damn much
    Pineyrider likes this.
  6. Yorkie

Yorkie Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I was going to be somewhere else close riding, But I’d rather meet some new people. I’ll join you guys at 1 if it’s ok. If not,
  7. docgonzo

docgonzo Old Gadfly

Oddometer:
    Great job organizing a wonderful ride, on a perfect day, in the 100 acre wood. Some nice packed gravel, deep sand, and water to keep everyone interested. WAWA at Whiting was being renovated, but the gas was available, and the food at the DD wasn't too bad across the street.

The environmentally correct few photos from the ride. We had 10 for a good portion of the ride. I bailed at the DD to get home for a Halloween party, but the rest went on to wander around Whitesbog a little, I believe.

IMG_1395.JPG IMG_1396.JPG IMG_1397.JPG
    ebbanflood, sarcoid and tk1250gsa like this.
  8. tk1250gsa

tk1250gsa Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    It was great to see you guys! Thanks Stanley and doc for this great trail!! Looking forward another ride soon!
  9. Pineyrider

Pineyrider back into woods riding after 20 years

Oddometer:
    It was great riding with everyone. Stan, nice job as usual. It has been great getting back out into the woods after all these years. Had some fun and am wearing a lot of it! I felt like a kid out there. Keith
  10. BigBluKlr

BigBluKlr Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I felt like I had most of the woods to myself Saturday. I pushed out farther into new territory. Was half expecting to see the above large group. I got up to Hawkens Bridge, then when I started taking random trails back to Atsion, I was just winging it until I finally hit a puddle to big. Did the prudent Solo thing, didn't venture in, turned around got myself out to a road near the interboro gun club. I was a few miles away from Batsto and ducked back in around there to work my way back. Some really nice narrow trails. Will have to get back to that area to figure out the trail system there
  11. mda185

Oddometer:
    Adding my thanks to Stanley, Doc, and the other 7 riders I met on Saturday. It was a perfect Fall day and a very entertaining ride with good people. Can't ask for more.
    Pineyrider likes this.
  12. RebelYell

RebelYell Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Is a 250 D's enough power to ride the sugar sands back there?
  13. BigBluKlr

Oddometer:
    I see many WR250s, Hondas out there. My KLR probably has only a slight bit more power (Maybe) certainly more weight with a 70/30 tire and as long as I have momentum, I have been getting around and I'm a Rookie. I would think you would be fine. Plus I've only seen a couple trails so far that have long stretches of sand. Mostly it's small segments.
  14. mentolio

mentolio King of the island of unwanted toys...

Oddometer:

I ride an old (‘90) DR250 (4 stroke dual sport) out in the pines whenever I ride there. With decent tires and patience a 250 is fine. Not much in the way of long steep hills out there, which is really the only place (other than the highway) my 250 is weak.
  15. dstutz

dstutz Long timer

Oddometer:
    Buddy towed 5 miles through some puddles and deep sand spots with his WR250R...you'll be fine on a vespa with knobbies!
    keepshoveling likes this.
  16. Crazybrian

Crazybrian Resident Moose

Oddometer:
    I ride it on a r100gs. Its not about the power, its more about being nimble.
  17. BigBluKlr

Oddometer:
    Now I wonder if a Vespa with knobbies could have towed your 701 the 5 miles???
    dstutz likes this.
  18. keepshoveling

keepshoveling DNF

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]
  19. StanBo

Oddometer:
    We are grouping up and riding this Sunday. Assapunk Boat Launch and into the woods. KSU at 11am.

We are going to get lost and it should be a damn good time.

All are welcome.
    tk1250gsa, Nir-ISR and sarcoid like this.
  20. StanBo

Oddometer:
    I will be out on my CRF250L this Sunday. I have ridden it back there and at some other events. Stock tires and street pressures. Haven't really bothered me much. But I am not the best rider in the world lol.
    RebelYell likes this.