Pine Barrens rides (read rules before posting)

Discussion in 'Northeast - Greater Flugistan and home of the carp' started by NJ-Bill, Mar 15, 2016.

1. tootallpines

tootallpines Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    You guys go past Hampton Furnace? I was there filming with a friend and saw 3 bikes go by. I think 2 Ktm’s and a Suzi
  2. mentolio

mentolio Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hah! Yep, that was us.
    tootallpines likes this.
  3. tootallpines

Oddometer:
    I was jealous.
  4. tootallpines

Oddometer:
    Anybody riding Sahara Sands scramble tomorrow?
  5. BigBluKlr

BigBluKlr Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Got out on a Monday yesterday. Not much different then Saturday two days prior. Because of the rain Sunday, there was a bit more mud and slippery holes in the trails to be weary of. Also appeared that there were a few 4 wheelers out in the rain Sunday that left these deep ruts in the main trails. Added to the adventure.
  6. StanBo

StanBo Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Got out Saturday. What a perfect day. Weather and route was fantastic. Finally getting over some riding issues and funny enough they were fixed by speaking to a friend while riding. We both had Senas and they were linked. So instead of spending time in my own head worrying about surfaces I was giving him warnings as I went over them and had a great time.

DRZ400, DR650 and a Husky501.

Should be out again this Saturday with hopefully two more friends. One on a WR250R and a Super Tenere 1200.

It was cool enough to enjoy and the workout was good enough to get us to open our vents on our jackets.
    Pineyrider likes this.
  7. decafe

decafe Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Just a heads up we are remodeling the Wawa at whitting so don’t count on as a fuel stop.
    StanBo, ebbanflood, NJ-Bill and 2 others like this.
  8. mda185

mda185 Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    StanBo, I met you 3 (or 4?) years ago on a Bald Eagle State Forest ride with a bunch of DR650 riders. I had my daughter with me if that jogs your memory. I am interested in joining you this Saturday. I will probably bring a friend. Do you know where and what time you will start?
    Pineyrider likes this.
  9. tk1250gsa

tk1250gsa Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I really want to join if my ribs are ok..
    Pineyrider likes this.
  10. StanBo

Oddometer:
    Hells yeah I remember you by face. Forgot your name. I swore seeing you at another event since the Bald Eagle ride so many years ago. Have you done the MORE events? I swore I saw you on something smaller. I have also ran into Erik from time to time in events. We did the PA Wilds ride earlier this year. I had to tap out as I was recovering from an accident the week before.

Saturday we are meeting at the Assunpink Boat Launch. Time is still up in the air. I will pop back in with that shortly.

I will PM you my contact info.

I sent you a PM with my info. Please feel free to keep in touch.

Weather is looking really good for Saturday.
    Pineyrider likes this.
  11. mda185

Oddometer:
    Stan, I am looking forward to meeting again tomorrow. I think I saw you at another event also but can't remember where. I am riding a smaller bike most of the time now. It is a 2017 KTM 350EXCF. I picked it up as a leftover late in 2018. I had the suspension lowered, revalved and sprung for my weight and riding ability which wiped out the savings I got buying it as a leftover but I really like it. I still have the DR and the BMW GS. The GS mostly gathers dust now that most of my riding is off road oriented. Do you ever get out to Famous Reading Outdoors? I meet Eric there a couple of times a year and I joined Delaware Valley Trail Riders which introduced me to more riders that frequent PA riding areas.
    Pineyrider likes this.
  12. docgonzo

docgonzo Old Gadfly

Oddometer:
    within 20 miles of the Center of the Universe
    Me too? Would love to join you folks on Saturday. Have you decided on a time yet? Remember, the Village Donut closes at 11!:-)
    Pineyrider likes this.
  13. mda185

Oddometer:
    Doc, Stan told me the plan is to meet at Assunpink Boat Launch at 1100. Village Donut is a great idea but I don't think he can get the others meeting him down here early enough.
    Pineyrider likes this.
  14. docgonzo

docgonzo Old Gadfly

Oddometer:
    Sounds good. See you at 11:00.
    Pineyrider likes this.
  15. StanBo

Oddometer:
    Omg this is making more happy then I can say. Doc this is the route you took me and a group on years ago. I talk you and the slow old fart riders up to my friends all the time.

Yes we would like to start earlier but I have a buddy trailering in from CT because he loves the pineys so damn much
    Pineyrider likes this.
  16. Yorkie

Yorkie Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I was going to be somewhere else close riding, But I’d rather meet some new people. I’ll join you guys at 1 if it’s ok. If not,
  17. docgonzo

docgonzo Old Gadfly

Oddometer:
    Great job organizing a wonderful ride, on a perfect day, in the 100 acre wood. Some nice packed gravel, deep sand, and water to keep everyone interested. WAWA at Whiting was being renovated, but the gas was available, and the food at the DD wasn't too bad across the street.

The environmentally correct few photos from the ride. We had 10 for a good portion of the ride. I bailed at the DD to get home for a Halloween party, but the rest went on to wander around Whitesbog a little, I believe.

IMG_1395.JPG IMG_1396.JPG IMG_1397.JPG
    ebbanflood, sarcoid and tk1250gsa like this.
  18. tk1250gsa

tk1250gsa Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    It was great to see you guys! Thanks Stanley and doc for this great trail!! Looking forward another ride soon!
  19. Pineyrider

Pineyrider back into woods riding after 20 years

Oddometer:
    It was great riding with everyone. Stan, nice job as usual. It has been great getting back out into the woods after all these years. Had some fun and am wearing a lot of it! I felt like a kid out there. Keith
  20. BigBluKlr

BigBluKlr Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I felt like I had most of the woods to myself Saturday. I pushed out farther into new territory. Was half expecting to see the above large group. I got up to Hawkens Bridge, then when I started taking random trails back to Atsion, I was just winging it until I finally hit a puddle to big. Did the prudent Solo thing, didn't venture in, turned around got myself out to a road near the interboro gun club. I was a few miles away from Batsto and ducked back in around there to work my way back. Some really nice narrow trails. Will have to get back to that area to figure out the trail system there