Pink Crocs in search of Lobsters

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by bESS, Jun 27, 2013.

1. bESS

bESS Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    What a challenge trying to connect to the internet. Although we have WiFi , and my computer receives a strong signal, it will not connect to the "net . Very frustrating as I think all the other campers are sucking out the bandwidth looking at streaming video

A relaxing day or two on PEI, aka: "The Island". Here are just a few scenes of North Rustico Harbour

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

today we move to a different location and perhaps take a stroll through Charlottetown
  2. Libertynh

Libertynh Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Man you are doing a lot more than having some lobster. We were in Nova Scotia a couple of years ago and never made it to the island. Great travels!
  3. bESS

bESS Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Here are a few scenes from the famous Cavendish Beach

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

seems like miles of red sand beach. Because this is declasred a NP, there is a $7.80 charge to enter

bob
  4. bESS

bESS Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Internet has been a challenge at the campsite for the past few days

we finally made it to Shediac NB and left PEI on Monday afternoon. Weather has not been on our side with heavy rain and flash flood warnings

[​IMG]

I have been trying to meet up with Kedgi and we were so close when we missed each other a week ago in State College, PA

[​IMG]

Shediac is the Lobster Capital of the world and home of the largest lobster we were trying to kill a bit of time when suddenly, a KTM appeared from no where

[​IMG]

he had been following my spot and he wanted to surprise us so he rode down to the visitor's centre

[​IMG]

and we followed him home

[​IMG]

he made us feel like celebrities by inviting a welcoming committee

Months ago he promised to have Angele make us some of her delicious, home-made lobster rolls when I arrived

[​IMG]

and I must say that they are the best ones I have ever tasted. She is such a good cook and Kedgi is so lucky . . .

[​IMG]

Just looking at this photo makes me hungry all over again

there was one piece left

[​IMG]

and when no one was looking, I took it

Thank you again Kedge and Angele for being such great hosts. I hope to repay the favour when you come to Vancouver
  5. Kedgi

Kedgi Banned

Oddometer:
    Bob

It was an absolute pleasure meeting you and Karen. What fun! I'm so glad you stopped in, again, and we finally got the chance to meet.:D

Kedgi
  6. bESS

bESS Been here awhile

Oddometer:

Dwight:

would you believe more internet connection problems. I couldn't even send an email

we took that road you recommended that ends at the cable ferry and saw the Hartland Bridge. More photos coming . . .

currently we are in Montreal for the weekend

thank you again for your hospitality. it was great to meet both of you too

bob
  7. Kedgi

Kedgi Banned

Oddometer:
    It was so nice to have you and Karen drop in!

I was just reading another RR and they have internet issues in Nebraska. I guess it's very commonplace. I will look forward to your updates whenever you can post them. Ride safe. In the meantime I am searching for some KTM Orange Crocs.

Kedgi
  8. bESS

bESS Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Before we left Shediac, Kedgi recomended a road along the river which dead ended at a cable ferry

[​IMG]

the pavement was rough, more suited for my Vstrom, which I left at home

[​IMG]

we were lucky. when we arrived they were already loading so we just rolled on without having to wait

[​IMG]

I barely had time to snap a photo or two and then we were already on the other side

[​IMG]

soon enough the skies poured like a big waterfall

and we took refuge in a cafe for lunch hoping that the rain would stop

[​IMG]

there were colourful chairs outside

[​IMG]

we warmed up by having a big bowl of seafood chowder

[​IMG]

later the rain stopped but the skies were still angry

[​IMG]

thanks for reading. I am now on day 23 of my journey and have already started to head West towards home. I am currently in Montreal for the weekend

bob
  9. csustewy

csustewy Motojero

Oddometer:
    Thanks for taking us along! It looks like you have found interesting places to visit, as well as good hosts and friends along the way. And perhaps more rain than you cared for, but glad to see you're enjoying it even so. Keep the great photos coming as you head west (and internet allows)...
  10. brunstei

brunstei Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    ...the poutine picture? :hmmmmm

We're not letting you back into BC until you've provided one!:D
  11. richardak

richardak Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    A little over half way through your trip now. You aren't planning to just blast across the continent again (oh sorry, no planning allowed). I just ran into this thread recently. Looks like you're really getting around Montreal...

And where is the poutine picture? After all, isn't it the national dish or something like that?
  12. bESS

bESS Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Mike & Jill:

thanks for being two of my four followers. I had wanted to post daily but somehow even when you have wifi it doesn't always work

these are all people I have met from blogs and they are all like old friends. It's nice to have some company along the way

bob
  13. bESS

bESS Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    JohnB:

I had a taste of my first poutine, here is a photo (6 photos down) click here

posted by my riding buddy who has crossed the continent at least 3 times SOLO. She told me that she would lead me to PEI this year, so I followed

bob
  14. bESS

bESS Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Richard:

Yes, I turned my spot ON so I can review later, where I had been. The poutine photo is linked above on the previous comment

I'm getting behind. I am solo again so now I can get caught up, as long as my wifi works

bob
  15. bESS

bESS Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    We managed to make it to Harland, NB and crossed the Longest Covered Bridge in the world

[​IMG]

I wanted to record a GoPro video and the approach road was challenging with the downhill grade and I wanted to make sure my Hero3 was recording

[​IMG]

My Pink Crocs also managed to make it there

[​IMG]

we managed to find a quaint Auberge in Saint Andre, Quebec

[​IMG]

and I have been challenged the past day trying to decipher all the French words

[​IMG]

and for some reason they name all their mooses "Prudence"
  16. Hevy Kevy

Hevy Kevy ADDRider

Oddometer:
  17. bESS

bESS Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Can you believe no internet again ?

[​IMG]

we manage to ride through the longest covered bridge in the world in Hartland, NB

[​IMG]

pink crocs too

[​IMG]

and stayed on the shores of the St Lawrence River at an Auberg in St Andre, PQ

[​IMG]

where I am struggling to read the French.

[​IMG]

we stopped by the Garrison in Fredericton, NB along the way

[​IMG]
  18. bESS

bESS Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Daily updates to this ride report hasn't been happening as planned. Technical problems of getting internet and then being off the grid while being hosted in the middle of nowhere

we finally made it to Quebec City

[​IMG]

where parking was at a premium, if you are able to find a vacant spot. Only $7. per hour

Lots of tourists, shops and cafes

[​IMG]

it's kind of neat to soak in the ambience and the old style architecture

[​IMG]

it seems that the buildings have been refurbished and look like new

[​IMG]

lots of stairs to navigate

[​IMG]

if you ever get a chance to visit, you should. I looks like you are in a different country

[​IMG]
  19. csustewy

csustewy Motojero

Oddometer:
    Being off the grid for a stint is a good problem to have! Thanks for sharing those pics of Quebec city - it does look like a markedly different place.

Ride safe. And keep us posted.
    Mike & Jill
  20. jbcaddy

jbcaddy Long timer

Oddometer:
    Oroville & Placerville, California U.S.of A.
    I am enjoying reading along as you ride along. I did a 6 week trip years ago, shortly after getting out of the army. I think it is way past time for another. Like you said, I need to do it while I still can :D or at least I hope I still can. Thanks, JB