Pinlock pins

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by Dragger, Feb 20, 2016.

1. Dragger

Dragger Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Where can I get replacement pins for a pinlock insert? The actual plastic nubs on the visor that it mounts to. I have an LS2 FF386 modular that one fell out of before I got the pinlock.
  2. Maoule

Maoule Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Looks like ebay's your best bet.
  3. blackseven

blackseven Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Had this same problem, and never did find the pins. There are two different pin designs. My Shoei GT-Air has the later pin design. I could only find the earlier pin design on ebay.
  4. dutchjohn

dutchjohn Adventure Touring

Oddometer:
  5. Dragger

Dragger Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Yeah looks like EBay UK is my best bet so far. I just didn't want to wait that long.
  6. CharlieInStLouis

CharlieInStLouis Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  7. DonM

DonM Do-dah Do-dah Supporter

Oddometer:
    The sooner you start waiting the sooner they will arrive .

Just sayin'
  8. Dragger

Dragger Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Already ordered almost a month wait time. What is the deal why doesn't anyone in the U.S. Carry these?
  9. Sitheach86

Sitheach86 Long timer

Oddometer:
    You could just buy a new visor
  10. der_saeufer

der_saeufer ?איפה בירה

Oddometer:
    I broke a pin when I dropped my XD3. I couldn't find pins and wasn't going to spend $70 to replace an otherwise perfectly good shield. I e-mailed Pinlock USA asking where to buy pins and the answer I got was "we'll send you a couple for free"

They sent me the newer style that seem more durable, too. 2 years later, so far so good. A great product that even has a good US distributor/subsidiary? Hell yes.
  11. SidewinderX

SidewinderX Hey, watch this! Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    I did the same.

Sometimes in my hurry to replace parts, I forget to let the customer service department show me how awesome they can be.
  12. Sanfarzon

Sanfarzon Motoloco

Oddometer:
    Here's my personal experience... I accidentally broke one of those freaking little pinlock pins while trying to remove the visor because I couldn't help myself and my OCD kept telling me it wasn't clean enough... Anyway, I did a search, came across this thread and decided to give it a shot at info@pinlockusa.com. Aprox 24hs later I received an email from Mischa -Customer Services Pinlock UK- telling me to go and purchase some pins from Racevisors.co.uk... I thought, "Geez, thanks Mischa! Only thing is I'm across the pond, in America! Maybe I wrote to the UK email address by mistake... lets try again with the american representatives of the brand, they'll stand by their product for sure". And off I went again, sending an email to info@pinlockusa.com (making sure it said @pinlockusa.com and not @pinlock.com). Less than 24hs later, good ol' Mischa came back to me with the same response!

My helmet was still under warranty from Schuberth, so I thought about giving it a try with them... I sent them an email, got an answer right away saying "We will get some pins out to you today via postal service" and three days later they were at my front door. So then I thought "wow, these guys took care of it even better than the company originally responsible for the product!"
  13. marxcr

marxcr Adventurer

Oddometer:
  14. Cpt. Ron

Cpt. Ron Advrider #128

Oddometer:
    Replying to an old post to give additional information. I too found that online searches for North America suppliers was lacking, and even the eBay ones didn't look like the one that came apart on my Nolan visor. And I certainly didn't need a new $45 visor quite yet. The Pinlock corporate website (in the pins section) states that not all of their pins are compatible with those helmets that come from the factory with the Pinlock inserts. To get replacement pins, contact the helmet manufacturer. Nolan is one of these.

I emailed them yesterday morning, got a prompt reply that they'd send me new ones. We'll see how long that takes.
  15. Suncoaster

Suncoaster Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Where the girls are green and the grass is pretty.
    I broke one too, then ordered the wrong size replacements...
    Now my helmet is a little heavier, a little more ghetto, and an little less aerodynamic on one side:
    IMG_20200115_202958__02.jpg
    mrsdnf and Brun like this.