Pirelli Scorpion FIM Enduro

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by CSP Rider, Nov 15, 2020.

Tags:
  1. CSP Rider

CSP Rider Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Just spooned a set of the FIMs onto my trusty '18 690, and wanted to provide some feedback to the group. The only complaint with these would be they are NOT street friendly at all... That said, they are an absolute transformation offroad when compared to the TKC 80s I replaced. Tons of grip over the mud and rocks, allowing the 690 to be ridden like a true dirt bike (albeit a very hefty one:). Logged 100 miles in Sproul State forest yesterday covering everything from asphalt to rocky hillclimbs, to sloppy mud, and these things didn't miss a beat. Highly recommend to anyone, who like me, prefers to push the limits of the 690, or your big dual sport of choice.

Attached Files:

2. LuckyPunk

LuckyPunk Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I've got the same bike, and I'm also looking for a dedicated dirt wheel setup. What exactly was bad about riding these on the pavement? Were they slippery? Do you know how these compare to D908, D606, or others?
  3. CSP Rider

CSP Rider Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Keep in mind I've only put 100 miles on these, so grip may improve slightly, but out of the gate here are my observations of their behavior on asphalt:

Lock up very easily under hard braking, spin under hard acceleration (1st thru third), and require some effort to initiate turn in. Also noisy, as a true knobby would be on the street.

All of the above stated I want to reiterate these completely transformed the bike offroad. For me the tradeoff is well worth it and I can't wait to get this beast back in the woods.

I've not ridden the Dunlops referenced above on the 690, but have tried the 606 on a buddies CRF250, and they feel comparable. Issue was the 606 didn't come in a 140 and I wanted to stick with that size.
    LuckyPunk likes this.