Pismo Advice Needed

Discussion in 'West – California, the desert southwest and whatev' started by eatpasta, Jul 12, 2019.

1. eatpasta

eatpasta Lawnmower Target

Oddometer:
    Hey there y'all

I have started seeing news about the dunes finally being closed for good which has lit a fire under my ass to get out there because I haven't been in 20 years.

I really want to take my Jeep out there with my son so he can have that experience before it's gone forever.

My main question is camping - I cant find anything definitive online about camping on the beach and if its still allowed. The last time I went out there, we just picked a random spot and camped - I just wasnt sure if that was still the case?

Also, what other considerations are needed for the Jeep and/or dirt bikes that we bring out there? I would imagine that they have to be street legal or green sticker.

Any advice, heads ups or 'you should probbalys' are greatly appreciated!

cheers
  2. greenohawk69

greenohawk69 Adventurer

Oddometer:
  3. tag3

tag3 Doofus

Oddometer:
    Inland from the coast of Santa Cruz and Trona.
    Get a prefilter for the air filter and cover the rear shock. Sand, man.
    Snake Oiler likes this.
  4. black805

black805 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Yes, you need a reservation to camp there. Weekends and summer are usually sold out. You get your reservation online At reservecalifornia.com. Search for Oceano svra
  5. Strong Bad

Strong Bad Former World's Foremost Authority Supporter

Oddometer:
    Wet sand on the ocean beach = rust like you've never seen. Riding in the ocean water = rust like you've never known possible in places you've never seen!
  6. tag3

tag3 Doofus

Oddometer:
    Inland from the coast of Santa Cruz and Trona.
    You should see the Banshee quad I started to pull apart today. Looks like Barbie and Ken could have a bitchen beach party in the airbox.....and the cylinders.
  7. palinka

palinka Long timer

Oddometer: