Pitster Pro LXR 250f

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by Navin, Oct 23, 2017.

1. Navin

Navin Long timer

Oddometer:

I might just make you a sweet deal in a Pitster next drive by!
    Grreatdog likes this.
  2. RideFreak

RideFreak Torque Junky

Oddometer:
    Parts are available through Aliexpress :lol3
    GR0NK, Grreatdog and Navin like this.
  3. Gobius

Gobius Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Reminds me of the AJP PR5. There is more innovation in the AJP designs, but they are also more expensive. Both the Pitster and AJP bikes are going to have similar issues in general - sourcing and cross-referencing parts, at least some "price point" components, and near-zero resale value. People always want to bring up the questionable durability of Chinese motors, but I would say that Zongshen motors are steadily building a reputation for solid reliability. I bought an AJP PR4 right after they started importing them to the US. It's got some head-scratching features, but it has been a great bike and has had a hard life. I wouldn't hesitate to buy one of these Pitsters, especially if a bunch of KTM parts cross over.
  4. Navin

Navin Long timer

Oddometer:
    Cross KTM parts seems to be at least the tank, seat maybe and the plastics.

The only big issue I see so far is engine diagnostic electronics, which require some goofy, ancient cables, Windows THREE was its original format but it can work in others.... And its not super easy to navigate, or its Chinese language you deal with on the CD thats included...

Ive seen the entire engine listed at $1170 and parts can be found from Pitster to SSR and CSC.
  5. CheapoWes

CheapoWes Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    So in theory if bikes like Hawk are allowed in your state there's a good chance at a street legal title?
  6. Glenn247

Glenn247 Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Any thoughts on the carb version from pitster. Posted the link on the first page. Only 2600 bucks and under 250 pounds
  7. ex250mike

ex250mike Long timer

Oddometer:
    21 ftlb from a 250 4 stroke?
    inroads likes this.
  8. Navin

Navin Long timer

Oddometer:
    In theory, Id suppose but cant say. Check your local DMV, eh?
  9. CheapoWes

CheapoWes Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Try to be patient with me as i've never bought a new bike much less one without a dealer.

My state will let you register anything as long as it doesn't come with an off road title.. If the bike doesn't come with a street legal title or something I can take to the DMV then i'd hit a dead end.
  10. Navin

Navin Long timer

Oddometer:

Neither have I, all I have is the fella on the vids was able to mail in his papers to SD and they sent him a tag. Not sure if he got a title too but Id suspect he did, which then could probably be used in several other states, but for sure NJ is not one of them, unless you get lucky or such.
  11. malignity

malignity Wonton

Oddometer:
    Easily platable in Michigan too.

This is the same engine as the AJP and CSC.

CSC is 50 state street legal corked up. Remove that crap, change the cam profile, and 32hp is probably obtainable. A solid uncork on a Whizzer nets almost a 20% gain. This is only a few more suggested ponies and may be a higher strung engine to start.
    Dr. Zombo likes this.
  12. malignity

malignity Wonton

Oddometer:
    I'm half tempted to contact Pitster in Utah and ask for a basic cross reference of parts such as sprockets and oil filters.

Even if it lasts 8k and you need a rebuild, you either pay $1000 to do it, or $1100 and buy a whole new engine. Lol
    GR0NK and Bultaco206 like this.
  13. malignity

malignity Wonton

Oddometer:
    It appears they're assembled and shipped in Utah. Pitster Pro is known for their pit bikes if you're into that niche. Not my bag, but some of these Chinese pit bikes are flogged to the rev limiter for hours on end and somehow survive.
  14. Navin

Navin Long timer

Oddometer:
    Ive got a few questions awaiting the in email already. Last thing Id worry about is the hard parts of the engine. Im more concerned about the tune, as Ive ridden a Benilli 300 that looked stunning and ran like crap.

The Delphi system is simple, but very old tech and even connecting to a laptop requires splicing cables as nothing exists to interface, plus its supossedly written in Chinese in the included service CD.

I also advised them of this thread and hope to get some attention to the questions regarding licensing too.
    malignity likes this.
  15. malignity

malignity Wonton

Oddometer:
    I emailed Pitster and suggested they come here and represent their product or give me a cross referencing list.

I also reached out to each of the YouTube video posters asking for longevity reports. It seems JT sprockets have different sprockets available.

One of the videos the guy put a 15t on the front and got over 70 in 5th with one more to spare. That's insane. Gear that sucker down and you've got a wicked woods weapon that will rival a WR250f at half the cost -- in theory.
  16. malignity

malignity Wonton

Oddometer:
    Bwhaha. Navin and I are on the same page. Literally and figuratively I guess.
    Navin likes this.
  17. malignity

malignity Wonton

Oddometer:
    Navin is like "malignity is so 10 minutes ago... That's why he still rides a Yamaha."
    GR0NK, Bultaco206 and Navin like this.
  18. Navin

Navin Long timer

Oddometer:
    Poor Gary at Pitster will be bombarded! He is an inmate here too. Im sure we will get the answers quickly.
    malignity likes this.
  19. Bultaco206

Bultaco206 Back-to-back motos suck Supporter

Oddometer:
    That's all fine and good. But I'm skeptical about the suspension and whether or not the pieces & parts are common enough to be upgraded and serviced. Is it a platform that can be made to work?

If that can't be addressed then all the motor mods and cross-referencing of parts don't mean much.
  20. malignity

malignity Wonton

Oddometer:
    If suspension is the least of my concerns, I'm a happy clam. Sourcing better forks isn't particularly difficult.