Pitster Pro LXR 250f

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by Navin, Oct 23, 2017.

1. RebelYell

RebelYell Long timer

Oddometer:
    Love to throw a keg over the new 2 smoker..wonder how it compares to the yz 250 x in performance n reliability..I love the affordable price tag
    Dirtleg likes this.
  2. Dirtleg

Dirtleg C-16 is tyranny. Supporter

Oddometer:
    Paging @Navin . This gui wantz ta know aboot a TSE.
    RebelYell and Navin like this.
  3. Navin

Navin Long timer

Oddometer:

Not as fast in the wide open, more easy to ride in the tight stuff, plus a WR 6 speed. Less (nearly no) vibration too. The estart is excellent and Ive put 137 hours on my current one without taking it apart.

And so, reliable for sure. Inexpensive by a big margin and not a dragster.
    Bitingdog and Dirtleg like this.
  4. RebelYell

RebelYell Long timer

Oddometer:
    You think they'll continues making a 2 stroke or will the stupid eu 5 emissions kill it off??
  5. Navin

Navin Long timer

Oddometer:
    I think its here for several years anyway. The company who bought the Yamaha DT tooling and license wasn't in it for a single year or two. Id expect them to crank these out as long as possible.
    Bitingdog, Dirtleg and RebelYell like this.
  6. RebelYell

RebelYell Long timer

Oddometer:
    I use to have a kdx 220 n I loved it .it was the perfect woods bike n for what I did..sold it in 06 to get a waveblaster 2 jet ski..reason I'm hesitant is because NJ ya have to be legal if ya don't want any problems n most 2 strokes don't cut it unless ya can get em plated.the more expensive bikes can get plates but anything over 8 grand is out for me ..pretty soon motorcycling is gonna be a pipedream for this 45 year old guy
    Dirtleg and Navin like this.
  7. Navin

Navin Long timer

Oddometer:
    Im an escapee from NJ. I get it. SD is probably the only answer unless you have friends in places. The TSE is very much a better KDX.
    Dirtleg and RebelYell like this.
  8. RebelYell

RebelYell Long timer

Oddometer:
    We have the pine barrens n sand pits .highly illegal..stupid people ruined the PBS ,so did home builders..I have 10 years as government cheese n hopefully I can be out like shout...this state is funny weird the more ya obey the law the more corked ya seem to get n vice versa
  9. bajasam

bajasam Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    No offense, but I would have guessed you were a 17yearold valley girl from your English.I don't think the Chinese could care less about EU5 emissions as long as people are buying they'll probably be selling.
    Navin likes this.
  10. RebelYell

RebelYell Long timer

Oddometer:
    What part of NJ were you from Navin?
    Navin likes this.
  11. Navin

Navin Long timer

Oddometer:
    Up by dah bridge!
  12. RebelYell

RebelYell Long timer

Oddometer:
    Lotta bridges,is that down in a van down by the river?? Jk lol sorry couldn't resist
    shinyribs, Dirtleg and Navin like this.
  13. Navin

Navin Long timer

Oddometer:

GWB but now in a van and lovin it!
    Dirtleg likes this.
  14. RebelYell

RebelYell Long timer

Oddometer:
    I really have to get out of this state if it wasn't for me trying to get my pension I'd of been gone..have 19 years in w my town
  15. lakai2380

lakai2380 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I cant wait ive been eyeing the FSE450R For a while. I see it uses the NC450 motor. Which EFI will it have? The delphi or rojo. Also do u think it will have FAST ACE suspension or will it have the SCZ suspension.
    They look to be a nice bike. I hope the 450 will make it to the US thats we have all been asking for.
    Those that have the FSE250R what would u compare the power to?
    GlennR likes this.
  16. Chadzu

Chadzu Lost In Space

Oddometer:
    I have been told the EFI will be Delphi, and SCZ
    The 250 power is kind of between the crf250L and the wr250r in stock form. Faster than the 250L, and not quite as fast as the wr250r. The $200 big bore kit fixes that.
    Dirtleg and GlennR like this.
  17. USMC_BamBam

USMC_BamBam Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Actual power at the rear wheel for EFI water cooled NC250 motor is 22.5 hp (dyno). Someone recently posted a dyno run after adding both a big bore kit and a dobeck EFI tuner, boosting that up to 25.8hp at the rear wheel.

Definitely in line with the Japanese dual sports. Well below the off road racing enduros, and the better euro dual sports.

The china 250 has good useable power, lots of fun to ride. Great trail bike and easy to ride dual sport adventurer.
    Dirtleg, Nobade and GlennR like this.
  18. GlennR

GlennR Chasin' my tail

Oddometer:
    Where do you get a "dobeck EFI tuner"?
    Dirtleg likes this.
  19. USMC_BamBam

USMC_BamBam Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  20. Chadzu

Chadzu Lost In Space

Oddometer:
    The Dobeck tuner simply plugs inbetween the injector and the ECU. It takes in the injector pulse command from the ECU and then sends a different command to the injector.
    Unfortunately this type of tuner can not work in conjunction with the factory O2 probe. When the bike is in closed loop function the reading from the O2 probe will cause the ECU to try and correct the changes the Dobeck unit makes. I'm pretty sure that you can unplug the O2 probe and force the ECU to stay in open loop mode, but you loose any self tuning of the ECU at that point.
    The Dobeck has 3 areas of the RPM band that you can make adjustments to, and you can adjust where they cross over a little. There is only so much adjustment programmed into the Dobeck, so I think it has potential. Dobeck still needs to hone the base program a bit to get it to suit the nc250 and the rojo EFI. For example the bike tested and shown on the FB group showed a very lean condition between 6-9K RPM based on the dyno graph. The owner said the Dobeck was at max rich in that area, but if the dyno graph is to be believed it clearly wasn't enough.
    I'm not down on the Dobeck tuner, it just seems like it needs a little more programming refinement to suit the nc250. The question is always the same. Who is going to pay for the work that still needs to be done?