Pitster Pro LXR 250f

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by Navin, Oct 23, 2017.

1. lakai2380

lakai2380 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    so for the 450 Ive been seeing like 43.5hp do think that is accurate. cause i think that they were saying 34hp for the 250 and its only 22hp so that to me would think that the 450 would only be like 34hp. what do u think?
  2. Navin

Navin Long timer

Oddometer:
    They (Zongshen) were saying 32 at the crank for the 250f LXR in LXR trim and the 22 number is rear wheel on a dyno which can all show a wide range of results, so you really want to compare numbers on the same model dyno if not the same exact one.

But to your point, its not going to be a "fast" 450 in todays +60HP 450 MX bike reality. Its going to be effective and tractable and under stressed. Just like the NC250 is.

Will it push you down the road at 80 MPH, no doubt. Will it lug you up hills and across states and be easy to ride in an enduro? You bet. The 250 kitted with the 300 kit does most all of that just fine already.
    Bitingdog, shinyribs and Dirtleg like this.
  3. Chadzu

Chadzu Lost In Space

Oddometer:
    I think 35 rear wheel horse power is the reasonable expectation for the 450. Time will tell.
    USMC_BamBam and Dirtleg like this.
  4. lakai2380

lakai2380 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    yes that would be great. i have a WR250R right now that i have been riding for 3 years now and i love it. My only complaint is i wish it have that power down low but if u wring it out she comes alive. i know that it wont be the crazy 450 mx power and im not looking for that. i want reasonable power with low maintenance im not gonna be racing or anything i just want something lighter that my 290lb WR250R and something with some power down low that will pull up over obstacles without revving the snaaaat and snapping the clutch. But dont get me wrong the WR is a solid reliable bike so if this could be something similar to the WR250r but in a 450 like everybody has been wishing yami to come out with since 2012 or before this definately could be the ticket. i cant wait to see how it performs.
    Bitingdog and GlennR like this.
  5. GlennR

GlennR Chasin' my tail

Oddometer:

That's what I'm expecting from it too. More CC's for lower RPMs on the road. A bit better for dual-sport use than a 250 & many upgrades over the DRZ400. Lower cost & maintenance schedule than the race-bred Euro bikes. And I'm really hoping for passenger pegs. (can't remember if that was going to be on the 450 or not?)
    Dirtleg likes this.
  6. Iffykid

Iffykid Long timer

Oddometer:
    Bike will not start where do I begin looking?

Back story was out riding last fall when I got injured dropping the bike and a couple of nice guys loaded the bike for me and when I went to unload the bike a week later I found a dead battery due to using the kill switch instead of the key(oh well) I jump started the bike and let it run for about 10 minutes figuring too charge the battery eventually the the bike died on its own but would not restart battery cranked fine at this point but the bike would not fire back up. Anyways by the time I was able to get around it was looking like Minnesota winter and now its starting to look like spring and its time to think about riding again.

Any ideas suggestions on where to start looking?

Thanks
  7. Navin

Navin Long timer

Oddometer:
    Id throw a new electric fuel pump at it to start, clean or replace the diaphragm one too. Maybe drain the gas and start fresh.
    USMC_BamBam and Dirtleg like this.
  8. Iffykid

Iffykid Long timer

Oddometer:
    Thanks
    The bike is relatively low miles 1000-2000ish but I was thinking that maybe the key being left on until the battery drained might have taken out the electric fuel pump, I will have to get a new one ordered up think when I checked last fall they were out of stock and then winter happened and I let it slide until now.

I always run non-oxy fuel but did drain it last year at the beginning of winter anyways and use it up in the snowblower.
    Dirtleg and Navin like this.
  9. Navin

Navin Long timer

Oddometer:

Key on as it primes you should hear the pump piston clicking a few times. Id suspect that got hot and ran dry if it wasnt getting supply from the vac pump.
    Dirtleg likes this.
  10. Iffykid

Iffykid Long timer

Oddometer:
    Bike is still in winter storage with battery removed for now, Morning low of 19F but suppose to warm up into the 40s for the weekend.
    The key being left on until it killed the battery I suspect took its toll on the fuel pump but thought I might check in here for more ideas or confirm my own.

Thnx

Tried calling Pitster to place order but presently closed for a couple more hours.
    Navin likes this.
  11. stumpmj

stumpmj Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I think the pump shuts off after a couple of seconds. What's going on with the ECU lights?
    Is the pump pumping fuel?
  12. stumpmj

stumpmj Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    My own question: Has anyone found foot pegs or a brake lever that bolts up?

Mine are getting worn.
    Dirtleg likes this.
  13. Chadzu

Chadzu Lost In Space

Oddometer:
    Roosty changed the pegs on his LXR. Maybe he will chime in
  14. stumpmj

stumpmj Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I vaguely remember he had to modify whatever he bought. I'm holding out hope for the lazy man's solution.

I did send Gary a note to see if pegs from the new bikes fit.
  15. Navin

Navin Long timer

Oddometer:

This was earlier in the thread. Sounds like a few minutes work with a bench grinder.
    Dirtleg likes this.
  16. Navin

Navin Long timer

Oddometer:
    Thumper Racing is working up a NC250/300 engine and Im putting a list of those who might want a race cam together in the FB GPX group.

PM or post quoting this if you want to know the $ and availability when its time to order them. A core cam from GPX is like $38.
    Dirtleg and stumpmj like this.
  17. stumpmj

stumpmj Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    What are they trying to do with the powerband?
  18. Navin

Navin Long timer

Oddometer:
    Im hoping for power to be extended to the limiter, or at least up near there without any or noticeable loss of the bottom/mid. I kinda think a good grind will give it more just about everywhere. My request of TR for my engine was pump premium if he builds a BB for it and useable broad power, no spikes. Im not sure we even have 10,000 to work (maybe 9,000?) with so a revvy 250f thing I do not want.
    Fallacy likes this.
  19. stumpmj

stumpmj Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Sounds intriguing! Put me down as a maybe for a cam depending on price.
    Navin likes this.
  20. Navin

Navin Long timer

Oddometer:
    If you can, follow the FSE 250R thread. When I get info I will post it there. Im not organizing a group buy. Just trying to help everyone out and let them know the what n the when.

When they are scheduling a build, people can buy a core to be shipped from GPX or ship theirs and deal with TR directly. I know he would rather build a batch of +25 than the two he has now for engineering purposes.