1. Adventure Rider Print Magazine!
    We're doing a print magazine this November - 128 pages of high quality adventure riding stories, photography and interviews!

Click here to purchase a copy for $9. Limited copies still available.
    Dismiss Notice

Pitster Pro LXR 250f

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by Navin, Oct 23, 2017.

1. mandatedmotorvation

mandatedmotorvation Shunpiker

Oddometer:
    Is that the parking lot/sandpit @ Croom?
    Navin likes this.
  2. mandatedmotorvation

mandatedmotorvation Shunpiker

Oddometer:
    Any idea what kind of mileage are you getting on the 250f?
    Dirtleg likes this.
  3. stumpmj

stumpmj Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I haven't checked mine with the big bore yet but in 250 guise I got as low as 44 mpg (hardcore singletrack including lots sand washes) and as high as 80+ mpg (lightweight adv mode).
  4. Navin

Navin Long timer

Oddometer:

Yes, the first one, Sand Hill. We did two solid hours of good plonking with a young gun on a TTR125. @Dirtleg did he sleep well on the ride home? :clap
  5. Dirtleg

Dirtleg C-16 is tyranny. Supporter

Oddometer:
    Yeah he was tired and sore for 2 days. Good workout.

Wish you could have joined us fishing Wednesday.
    20200617_152139.jpg
  6. Dirtleg

Oddometer:
    No idea. Never measured it. And I've primarily used it for 1-3 gear singletrack and hills.

So my guess would be poor mileage.
    mandatedmotorvation and Fallacy like this.
  7. Fallacy

Fallacy FFE inc. Super Supporter

Oddometer:

Thanks for the invite...
    Dirtleg likes this.
  8. Dirtleg

Oddometer:
    :photog:photog

Weren't you out overlanding brah?
    Bitingdog and Fallacy like this.
  9. Fallacy

Fallacy FFE inc. Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    That’s no excuse, it’s possible I could have changed plans and headed your way for some fine fishing action..
    Bitingdog and Dirtleg like this.
  10. stumpmj

stumpmj Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Headed down to Moab on Thursday with a plan to hit trails Friday and Saturday. Sadly, plans had to be changed.

Friday morning I rode slickrock, find n things, and then steel bender. I was about 3/4 of the way through the trail when my clutch cable snapped. Steps and ledges with no clutch is tough!

Ended up starting the bike in neutral, rolling down inclines and popping it into gear to get going every time I needed to slow way down. I'm sad to say I bypassed every obstacle I could with no clutch to help me out. The climbs weren't too bad but I'm not confident enough to hit 3-5' drops with speed so I killed the motor and walked the bike down. Still had a great time! Fins in particular was super fun! Sand was just hard enough that I could get enough traction to get rolling and the berms meant 3rd gear turns.

I also noticed coolant coming out the weep hole when the bike was hot so I must have a screwed up the seal riding back to the truck when I smashed the radiator a few weeks back. I'll order up parts tomorrow and get the bike together for next weekend.

Sorry about the lack of pictures, it was way hot.
    GlennR, shinyribs and Navin like this.
  11. stumpmj

stumpmj Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    While the bike was on the stand waiting for the clutch cable and water pump parts I was checking things out and noticed lots of vertical free play in the swingarm. Looks like I have two fried bearings in the linkage, the lower shock bearing and where it mounts to the swingarm. Took measurements and it looks like the crf150r is a match.

Long shot but before I pull the trigger on a new bearing set, can anyone confirm if they match? Otherwise I guess it'll be my turn to be a guinea pig.
  12. Navin

Navin Long timer

Oddometer:
    Id call the boys at GPX/PP for replacements as everything OEM is tough and well priced... or pull it apart and run over to a bearing supply shop to match them up. I doubt there is anything exotic in there.
    Dirtleg and Bitingdog like this.
  13. stumpmj

stumpmj Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I'd asked before because I figured I was due after three years but they didn't have the bearings in stock so I'm looking for an alternative. Plus it helps to build the database of compatible parts to make sure I can keep this thing maintained over the long term.

Trying to avoid stores I have to go to in person due to surging covid cases and my wife having some immune system issues.

The measurements I'm seeing on the crf150r linkage match but not all the bearings are detailed so I figured I'd ask.
    Navin likes this.
  14. Dirtleg

Oddometer:
    Are there any numbers on the bearing shell you can make out? Easy to do a google search for those numbers if there are. Then you'll have a trade size and can get bearings from anyone.
    CRF150r bearings are just a specific trade size so not unique nor should they be hard to get.
    Bitingdog likes this.
  15. stumpmj

stumpmj Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I feel so dumb. Pulled the seals and I can see some of the numbers. I'll clean things up and see if I can find matching bearings.
  16. Dirtleg

Oddometer:
    No worries. If you don't know, you don't know.:dunno
    Bitingdog likes this.
  17. stumpmj

stumpmj Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Only one bearing has a number and I couldn't find a match. Looks like I'll order the crf150r kit and hope for the best. The linkage itself looks to be the same so it'll probably fit. I think
  18. stumpmj

stumpmj Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    After pressing all the bearings out I was able to actually read the numbers. Bearings are:
    HK2012 qty 1
    HK1712 qty 4

Those are standard bearings so I could have ordered those off the shelf. Oh well. Now all of you know.

Looking again at the Honda parts diagram I'm 90% sure that it's the same as a crf150r so I'm planning to use the pivot works kit I bought so I can ride sooner rather than later.
    Bitingdog, Dirtleg and GlennR like this.
  19. stumpmj

stumpmj Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Well I'm disappointed. I ended up ordering water pump replacement parts from CSC because PitsterPro was out of stock.

I order a water pump impeller, a water pump shaft, the water seal, the oil seal, and two snap rings so I could replace everything with new. They forgot one circlip, sent the wrong water pump shaft, and the wrong water pump seal. Not what I was expecting.

I sent them a note asking them to expedite new parts that are correct. I'll let you know how that goes
  20. GlennR

GlennR Chasin' my tail

Oddometer:
    All of that's a bummer. Hopefully, they actually have the right parts on hand. Good luck.
    Bitingdog likes this.