Pitster Pro LXR 250f

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by Navin, Oct 23, 2017.

1. malignity

malignity Wonton

Oddometer:
    I've yet to see any answers here that are preventing me from getting one of these bikes truthfully.

Somebody buy my WR450F and I'll be that test guy. As far as I'm concerned, I'll be glad to do it. It seems like a solid bike, and most of my concerns have been answered.
    JagLite, Bultaco206 and Navin like this.
  2. Pitster

Pitster miniac

Oddometer:
    I understand the joking, and I can laugh at it also. Its all good. I have been importing and dealing with China stuff for almost 16 years. When I first started many of the bikes where nothing but junk, however with our efforts and the factory's, they have come a long ways. Trust me, I can talk crap on China bikes with the best of them! With over 40 trips to china the last 16 years I have SEEN some things!! We try to be selective and differentiate our bikes with better components and better quality. I'm a rider and have many bikes myself, I know what works and what doesn't work. Many times the problems are the quality of the assembly and not the actually component that is the problem. I could go on and on about that..... Anyway,

As for the SSR, I don't want to talk bad on them but I prefer our methods and models. We tend to go after a different customer most of the time, however they move a lot of volume with cheaper models. Our models and bikes are usually more expensive because of the components we prefer to use. Basically you need to just make sure you are comparing apples to apples. I believe our bikes are very reliable, and a great value, when you really take a look at them. Of course I am confident in them or I wouldn't risk my own $$ on a warehouse full of them.

I have seen the ssr 250 and know the factory that makes it for them very well, Its a good bike, but I prefer our chromo frame vs the china alloy. With that said I also prefer the Husky and KTM chromo frames vs the honda etc.. alloys frames.
    Kawidad, nk14zp, GR0NK and 6 others like this.
  3. Pitster

Pitster miniac

Oddometer:
    Yes it can be remapped, I have a tuner but honestly need to spend some time playing with it. The factory has a tuner for $100. What we have found is they tend to be a little lean but after the first tank of fuel they really seem to break in well, start better and the popping goes away. I don't claim to know the answers to these questions but I am sure I can find out.

I have had some customers tell me they cant use the cable and software, but others have been able to. I'm not sure if its a mix up on what got packed or....? I have emailed the factory to find the answers as to why this is. I am headed to China Nov-1-7 so hopefully I can get some education on this myself.
    GR0NK, malignity, Bultaco206 and 2 others like this.
  4. Pitster

Pitster miniac

Oddometer:
    Why don't you all just pack up your riding gear and fly out here to Utah and ride the bike for yourself??!!!:-) We have some of the greatest single track and desert riding around!

I almost forgot, we also have been working with EMF http://efmautoclutch.com/ And have developed a auto clutch for the LXR 250f, models!! Hopefully testing this weekend!!
    GR0NK, malignity, Bultaco206 and 2 others like this.
  5. JagLite

JagLite Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Excellent information Pitster!
    China has some of the best manufacturing capabilities in the world, and some of the worst.
    We rely on the importer to deliver acceptable quality for a reasonable price.
    You have been in business long enough to show that your products measure up.
    There are cheaper bikes available, and some riders are happy with them.
    Reliability and repairablitly are high on my list of requirements.

Thanks for your replies :thumb
    GR0NK, Navin and Pitster like this.
  6. Pitster

Pitster miniac

Oddometer:
    Smart ass!
    GR0NK, malignity, wiswoodsguy and 2 others like this.
  7. Bultaco206

Bultaco206 Back-to-back motos suck Supporter

Oddometer:
    :lol3 :wave
    GR0NK, wiswoodsguy and Navin like this.
  8. everready

everready Stuck in Ohio....Ugh!!!

Oddometer:
    Where in Utah? There's a group ride scheduled for next March. I plan on towing my DR441 there. Maybe that would be a good time to demo? Not sure how many folks are going to attend. I sure would like to ride the 6 speed.
  9. Navin

Navin Long timer

Oddometer:
    Dice rolled. Lessee jest what Pitster can deliver to an aging/aged moto guy looking to keep hours off his 450.

To be continued...
    GR0NK, malignity, Pitster and 3 others like this.
  10. Pitster

Pitster miniac

Oddometer:
    We are south of Salt Lake City about 45 minutes, But as far as riding, we go all over the state, where is the group ride?
    Navin likes this.
  11. everready

everready Stuck in Ohio....Ugh!!!

Oddometer:
    Moab. Starting conversation.
    malignity and Navin like this.
  12. Navin

Navin Long timer

Oddometer:
    Bike should ship tomorrow! Fast service. Questions I had all answered quickly and I expect if I have to, Pitster will be helpful and attentive.

My big plan is to hound @davesupreme thru the Croomy trees. Not into a tree dave, thru them!
    GlennR, scot_douglas, GR0NK and 6 others like this.
  13. Navin

Navin Long timer

Oddometer:
    I tried to order some oil filters, turns out the Pitster comes with reusable SS oil filters just like I put in all my previous and current moto bikes! Great! Cant beat that!

Air filter is Twin Air for a KTM. This is easier and better than I thought!
    GlennR, JagLite, GR0NK and 5 others like this.
  14. Cuttlefish

Cuttlefish Riding to disappear.

Oddometer:
    Wait, what? Buying a Chinese cheapster to keep hours off the almighty KTM 450!
    :jack
    JagLite, GR0NK and Navin like this.
  15. Navin

Navin Long timer

Oddometer:

You bet. Buddy bike and I was looking at CRF230s and KLX140g to play with my slower woods crew. The 450 is great at race pace. I cant see this being as bad as a Honda/Kawi/Yamaha play bike.

My 450 goes dorky derky derky BTW.
    JagLite, GR0NK and Bitingdog like this.
  16. malignity

malignity Wonton

Oddometer:
    Is this the hero Gotham needs right now?

It kinda looks like it....
  17. Bultaco206

Oddometer:
    Yes, it is. The crops are saved. Hallelujah!
    JagLite, Navin and malignity like this.
  18. Cuttlefish

Cuttlefish Riding to disappear.

Oddometer:
    Actually I should have used the headscratching emoji but was on my phone and got lazy.
    Wouldn't a used 2 stroke KTM 125 slaughter one of these on the trails and be road legal to boot, all for the same kind of $s?
    GlennR and Navin like this.
  19. malignity

malignity Wonton

Oddometer:
    I wanna jump ship too! This suddenly has been a painfully long wait to sell one of the two bikes I own when both are for sale.. It's even more painful when you want an IFDE Navin Edition Pitster.
    JagLite, GR0NK, Bitingdog and 2 others like this.
  20. Bultaco206

Oddometer:
    :photog :imaposer :clap