Pittsburgh and surrounding areas picture a day thread.

Discussion in 'Northeast - Greater Flugistan and home of the carp' started by disconnected, Dec 13, 2014.

1. disconnected

disconnected brap

Oddometer:
    Took me awhile. I found the pictures. A riding buddy is good friends with Eric from Wolfman. I rode Wolfman's (Eric) in Longmont

This was it-

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  2. Yinzer Moto

Yinzer Moto aka: trailer Rails

Oddometer:
    It is hard to guess what that is. Probably a Zero.

The other scary part about electric bikes is dropping 15k on something that could be totally outdated within a year and basically worthless. I don’t buy bikes as investments but I can’t afford to flush 15k/yr down the toilet. KTMs battery/charger lease program has a lot of appeal.
  3. PA Slammer

PA Slammer I hate titles...

Oddometer:
    I dunno... you guys buy new bikes like crazy. I don't think anyone keeps them that long that it is a concern.

Not sure what the current price since no one has them for sale, but... first search I solid says this...

The Freeride E-XC will be priced at$8,299; by comparison, the gas-powered KTM Freeride 250R dirtbike is priced at $7,999.

That was as of July 2017.

The electric Redshift MX motocrosser is now US$10,495.
  4. Yinzer Moto

Oddometer:
    Hey now! I had my Freeride for 3.5 years, that is the longest I have ever kept a bike. I paid the price by have to completely rebuild the bike. I am getting back on the “new every 2 program” with this new bike. Motorcycles start to really fall apart after about 2 years.

I have been following the Freeride E bike development and there are 2 versions. New and old is the easiest way to describe them. The old were $13k but something happened in some European countries where they were banned. KTM end up with a surplus. They shipped them here at a huge discount. The new are a huge step forward. On top of a 50% battery life increase, they also got better suspension, brakes and a motor upgrade. The interesting detail with the new bikes, they are priced right around the price you quoted, they DO NOT come with a battery or charger. The battery and charger are leased at about $60/mo. When new higher power tech comes out, you can just trade up. It is a cool program.
  5. PA Slammer

PA Slammer I hate titles...

Oddometer:
    I'd really like to see the difference you save in gas, oil, clutch fluid, valve adjustments, etc... over a few years.
  6. hightest

hightest Safety Meeting

Oddometer:
    My KTM is a 2014 with over 200 hrs on it. Never checked the valves yet. :dunno
    Yinzer Moto likes this.
  7. Yinzer Moto

Oddometer:
    My dirt bikes don’t have valves. My WR is at 17,000 miles, so still another 7,000 before I check the valves. Other than that gas and oil costs are negligible. Tires, brake pads, drive trains, bearings are the more expensive costs. A few years ago those costs were over $7000 at RockyMtnAtv alone, not counting local shops. That year may have been high. In general, I think I average $100/week on motorcycle tires and other parts.

Edit: Hmmm, this might be an expensive year, we are 9 weeks in and I have spent nearly 2k at RockyMtnAtv.
    disconnected likes this.
  8. racerron

racerron dysfunctional

Oddometer:
    You better keep that to yourself, if Mrs. trailer rails see's how much your spending you could be in a world of crap... :lol3
  9. Yinzer Moto

Oddometer:
    :rofl She knows it keeps me sane. How badly does your wife want you out of the house and riding?
  10. racerron

racerron dysfunctional

Oddometer:
    I hear what your saying...... I've been laid up so long now the wife is about ready to kill me.

When I brought up the idea off buying a new bike this year she didn't give me that "wtf not another one" look.
    Yinzer Moto likes this.
  11. LtCrashDan

LtCrashDan Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I rode the impulse tt and wasn’t impressed by the torque. It didn’t compare to the fj09. It was interesting not needing to shift or to clutch. You could just stop and take off in third. The zeros have a bit more torque though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  12. Jeff B

Jeff B Socially Awkward

Oddometer:
    Jason, I agree with you 100% on the clutch. :deal

It gives the rider an essential element of control.
    Yinzer Moto likes this.
  13. Yinzer Moto

Oddometer:
    It is like a debate about automatic and manual transmissions in cars. I am a fan of automatic for my use, I mostly drive in the city, in traffic. I am fully aware I am giving up performance. If I wanted the best performance from a car, like on twisty back mountain roads or at an auto cross event, manual is the only way to go. I do enjoy driving my wife’s manual civic, but for daily driving, I’ll keep my slush box.
  14. Yinzer Moto

Oddometer:
    A few good clips from what we call Killer Hill JR.

No video of my climb, I forgot to hit the record. Sitting at the top of the climb while everyone else struggles is great fun.
    racerron likes this.
  15. racerron

racerron dysfunctional

Oddometer:
    Are you happy with the results with the JD kit? One of the few complaints I heard on the ktm 150's @trailer Rails
  16. Yinzer Moto

Oddometer:
    It was off this past Sunday. Not real happy with it. It is so slippery and muddy that I have difficulty telling what is happening. I think if I tinkered with the air screw, it would have cleared up but I was too lazy. So I just rode it. It was not awful, just not quite right.
  17. racerron

racerron dysfunctional

Oddometer:
    They claim the lectron carb works good on the on the 150, not as sensitive to weather, altitude changes and little better gas mileage.
    But spending another $450 on a carb for a new bike seems a little foolish.
  18. Yinzer Moto

Oddometer:
    Having a $6k bike that does not work right is foolish. I need to look into them a bit more. If they have some type of guarantee, I am in. The dealer has a package deal on a Keihin Carb that is much less than a Lectron or SmartCarb.
    racerron likes this.
  19. Yinzer Moto

Oddometer:
    @bmw318tech brought the Super Duper Sherpa out on the ride this past sunday. It worked surprisingly well but there was some comedy.

racerron likes this.
  20. jules083

jules083 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Think I figured it all out. Perfect comfort on the highway, and excellent dirt ability.

[​IMG]

Luca had his first advocado yesterday. He wasn't amused.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Snake Oiler, racerron and Yinzer Moto like this.