Places that might have 17" D606 in Utah (TAT)

Discussion in 'The Rockies – It's all downhill from here...' started by kerosene, May 24, 2012.

1. kerosene

kerosene Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hi all.

I am riding sort of a TAT route from west to east. Passing Battlemountain NV today and heading towards UT. My rear tire has been wearing faster than what I anticipated and I would ideally get a new one on Fri/Sat/Sun. Honestly any time from now but Sunday and Monday's holiday might push it till Tuesday. 'maybe' I can make it that far but its going to be hard to be easy in the rear with all the climbs ahead.

So any tips for places near my route that might carry decent selection of dual sport tires would be appreciated.

route: http://g.co/maps/28qau
    you need to hit page 3 or 4 to see UT, left side of the page.
    Bike is DR650 so 17/130 rear tire. Currently using D606 but any other serious options would probably work fine.

thanks!
  2. Hondo

Hondo **********

Oddometer:
  3. quota

quota Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    www.rockymountainatvmc.com is showing 5+ in stock now in a 130/90-17 size. They are a little north of your intended route though by about 100 miles, in Payson, UT.

Try Fred in Moab, UT. at www.arrowheadmotorsports.com Good chance he would have it. He would definitely have something similar in that size. 435-259-7356

TAT goes through Richfield, UT. and there is a shop there. Jorgensen's is the name. http://www.jhsport.com
  4. WilderRider

WilderRider Long timer

Oddometer:
    You might also want to call Moab Power Sports: http://www.moabpowersports.com/

They have a new owner and were very helpful to me and my DR650 when I had my pickup pulser coil go out in March. I do not think they regularly stock tires, but the owner was telling me she wanted to set up her shop as a stop on the TAT and have refreshments and other benefits for riders on the trail. If you called them before you got there, they might be able to help you arrange a tire.
  5. Wolfgang55

Wolfgang55 Long timer

Oddometer:
    FRED in

moab
  6. kerosene

kerosene Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    thanks guys - will get a mt21 in richfield. Hopefully it will do UT and Co

quota - just checked your tat report. Good stuff.

I was riding with a buddy until now - solo from here on. We have been super lucky with weather - not a drop of rain and clouds to cool down the desert.

Its going to get hot from here.