Planing a trip to Nova Scotia

Discussion in 'Americas' started by AWM, Oct 13, 2007.

1. AWM

AWM Beard Bros Racing

Oddometer:
    Well were doing the Fundy bay parkway on the way in,and ride'n NBRT2 on the way out.RT 1,or RT9 on the way in from Maine,and bye the time were done it'll be I-95 home.
    June 20th is come soon!!Not soon enough when i'm at work.
  2. Gallant

Gallant Banned

Oddometer:
    Here! just to get you in the mood.
    [​IMG]
  3. AWM

AWM Beard Bros Racing

Oddometer:
    Thats what i need,'to jones more".:lol3

Hey those are the fast color KTM's,right.
  4. g®eg

g®eg Canadian living in exile

Oddometer:
    I figured you'd have bumped this again by now...
    weather's getting nicer every day
    :D
  5. AWM

AWM Beard Bros Racing

Oddometer:
    Times gett'n tight!!Less then two mounths,and i haven't even been able to pick up my new bike yet!!!!
    I still have too pick up my bike,break it in,get back to the dealer for its first service,pick up my new luggage,get my GPS mount,new helmet,and i'm on the midnight shift.
    In the meantime i have to try and get as many miles as i can on my other bikes so i don't have saddle sores half way thru this trip.
    So far we've lost one guy that was going.The Navy put him on stand by for 6 mounths for his 6th tour of Afganastan.That means hes on call to be on base in a hour when he gets the call.So its down to three.
  6. djmase

djmase something catchy.

Oddometer:
    I decided to take the day off work and wrench/n/ride in prep for my ns->nl->lab loop in mid June. The days are ticking away and I am getting more and more filled with anticipation. Hope to see some other adv guys along the way. Cheers to the Northeast!
    djmase
  7. AWM

AWM Beard Bros Racing

Oddometer:
    Were going the 20th of June.So if your up there at the same time,we'll have to meet up.
  8. djmase

djmase something catchy.

Oddometer:
    awm,
    heading out the 5th or 6th. Have to be back to work on the 23rd so I think we are going to miss you. :(
    Enjoy it man & ride safely.
    djmase
  9. AWM

AWM Beard Bros Racing

Oddometer:
    You to,man,safe trip.
    We'll hopefuly be on the fundy trail parkway when your on your way back.
  10. AWM

AWM Beard Bros Racing

Oddometer:
    It might be down to two.
    My buddy hit his bike with the truck yesterday!Busted up the upper fairing and smashed the hard bags.
    With a $500 deduc,its got to come out of his pocket and he might not beable to do it and the trip.
    What a way to start!I'll do it bymyself if i have to!
    I know me and the cousin will do it nomatter what!
  11. AWM

AWM Beard Bros Racing

Oddometer:
    Well on my way to have'n everything together.
    Picked up the new bike and put'n the break in miles on ASAP.
    Went to the dealer and took advantage of the 20% discount today.New helmet[fulmuer,modguler],new olympia jacket[2 in 1 and i love it]new gloves[olymipa gel]tonight i wil order my new saddle bags and RAM mount.
    1 mounth,and 2 weeks till lift off!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Attached Files:

12. frenchy750

frenchy750 Work work work work work

Oddometer:
    Heading up in June to Nova Scotia and Twillingate, Newfoundland to claim them for the Kingdom of Rhode Island.

We leave the Kingdom on June 11th, andn return June 21st.

Look for us on:

A blue Yamaha FJR 1300 named Rain Cloud Follows
    An orange BMW Rockster named Fireball
    and a skull covered Harley named Stormbringer

Beers are on me for bringing the bad weather along............
  13. scarysharkface

scarysharkface Truffle

Oddometer:
    I'll probably be hitting the Trans-Lab on the 21st or 22nd of June (clockwise), doing the loop through Newfoundland and Nova Scotia then back to Indiana to be at work again on July 7th. I'm on a red 2006 KLR with black HT panniers, and will be solo. Not certain yet if I'll have my JC Whitney topcase or if I'll swap it out for a milk crate (which makes a far superior work surface)...

See you folks on the road!

John
  14. monty341

monty341 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I've got 19 days before I head up to N.S. Great thread! Got alot of info and loved the pic's!
    I thought about the ferry too...Then thought, It's a bike trip! Would I rather be sitting on a plastic chair on some boat OR on my Russell seat atop my trusty GSA?! N.B here we come!
  15. AWM

AWM Beard Bros Racing

Oddometer:
    I'm out of here in four days!!!!!!!!!
    Weather reports show rain,:cry ,fuck it!!It won't be the first time i left in the rain.For that matter it won't be the first time i rode all week long in the rain.
    Everybodys ready,just got to tie things down and throw the old lady one and i'm out of here.:lol3
    Stand bye for the ride report.
    If anybodys out there,we'll be ride'n,a black ZZR,a blue [old model] Concours,and a black FZ6.We'll be the loud semi agressive,fun love'n guys with the bald spots.
  16. okcgunslinger

okcgunslinger "ain't cheap no mo"

Oddometer:
    Might apply to some. We rode to NS last summer, camping seventeen days. In the past, traveling to Canada I pack a three piece shotgun. I use this for a camp gun. Pistols are'nt allowed in Canada for this purpose. On this trip are point of entry was Calais, comming up hwy 1 in Maine.

At the border I declaired the f/a to a custom officer (Canada side). I will say the officer was friendly and understanding of my situation. However he would'nt allow me to enter with the gun. I had previously filled out the approperate paper work, can be down loaded on Canada's on line site. This officer advised me that the Commander over that Providence would'nt allow f/a in.

Two years earlier I had entered Canada, riding through too Alaska. This time I was riding solo and camping. I entered in a differant Providence, that officer accepted my application and I paid for the permit, away I went.

At Calais I had to check the gun at the border, receiving a receipt for the property. On the return trip I pick the gun up when exiting their country. If traveling to Canada check with the officials at the providence you attend to enter. The national site may not be accurate???

Meat cove and Halifax are points of interest, have a good trip.
  17. TommyV

TommyV Motorcycle addict

Oddometer:
    :D :D
  18. notmike

notmike Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Just got the time off of work and a blessing from the little woman, so I'll be heading up that a way 8/28 until 9/7. I just read a book called The Island, a bunch of short stories that take place in Cape Breton . Can't remember who it's by and I loaned it out, but it really got me in the mood to explore this region. Thanks to everybody for all the info, it's much appreciated, and my NS Motorcycle guide is on the way!:clap
  19. AWM

AWM Beard Bros Racing

Oddometer:
    Made it back!!!!
    No problems!!!
    Its a long store,and i plan on doing a ride report.But for now here are some pic's.Basicly the ones on my phone.

Attached Files:

20. AWM

AWM Beard Bros Racing

Oddometer:
    Another

Attached Files: