Planning for Forever West 2012

Discussion in 'Americas' started by Blaise W, Mar 8, 2012.

1. byways

byways byways

Oddometer:
    I've renamed the route "Heart of the West Adventure Route," since it takes in portions of six Western states while "Forever West" is tied to Wyoming.

[​IMG]
  2. hiflynbrd

hiflynbrd I know that shortcut

Oddometer:
    Not sure which one of you guys was riding the Versys but I have one just like it and I'm wondering how it did on the trip and what you would have done different in the setup.
  3. byways

byways byways

Oddometer:
    Tribe:

Riders over the last couple of seasons have encountered closures of Forest Road 550 in Medicine Bow-Routt National Forest--part of this route south of Encampment, Wyo.--due to logging ("treatment," they call it) of "hazard" trees killed by pine bark beetles. That required re-routing.

I received word yesterday, Dec. 18, 2012, from Medicine Bow-Routt National Forest in Wyoming that hazard-tree logging on Road 550 is complete, "so closures and/or delays should not be an issue on this road."

The road passes Hog Park Reservoir south of Encampment, Wyo.

:clap

Just FYI, removal of hazard trees will occur on roads 409 and 496, roughly in this vicinity, this winter and may continue into the riding season.

For info about roads 550, 409 and 496, call the forest's Saratoga office @ (307) 326-5258.
  4. byways

byways byways

Oddometer:
    If anyone is planning to do this ride and needs a partner, an inmate from PA is looking for someone to ride with.

Post 109 here ...
  5. Airbornexts912

Airbornexts912 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    3 of us are going from Los Alamos NM to Yellowstone using this route mid Sept. if anyone else is interested let us know 505-412-5497:freaky