Planning my 2005 weeklong ride

Discussion in 'Canada' started by TimDavison, Nov 30, 2004.

1. TimDavison

TimDavison Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I am planning my weeklong trip for 2005. I would like to ride to Churchill, Manitoba. Has anyone ever rode to Churchill, Manitoba? By the looks of mapsource, I can get to Sundance, Manitoba and then have to take a long ferry ride to Churchill. Does any one have any details? I would be riding from Iowa through Winnipeg and straight north.
  2. Lone Rider

Lone Rider Registered User

Oddometer:
    From the info I've seen on the Web, it's either train or plane to Churchill.
  3. TimDavison

TimDavison Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Do you suppose you could take a bike on the train in a cargo car?
  4. RedRyder

RedRyder Jose Adventurista

Oddometer:

Don't know why not. They take canoes and boats all the time. Pretty desolate country man. Should be able to see some polar bears around Churchill though. Maybe some beluga's if you take a sightseeing flight.
  5. Nativeslayer

Nativeslayer n00b

Oddometer:
    If you really wanna ride to churchill from sundance u should try usen a four wheeler n cruze on the track itself its a bumpy ride but do able i use ta do it all the time liven in sundance..sad to say that the town itself no longer exsists but the road still there or u can go an alternate route n start at fox lake cree natoin 15 kn from where sundace was the tracks run right by the rez there. Or yeah u can take the train n stuff your bike into a freght car dunno how much that cost but u can do that as well by riding up to thompson n getting on there or ride past thompson on the gravel road up to gilliam and get on there either way riding there is possible. I recommend taken the train instead of riden on the quad on the tracks its a lotta riding and puntures suck from the rail ties.

hope that helped yeah out.:freaky