Planning my first time

Discussion in 'Americas' started by VegasRider, Nov 19, 2007.

1. VegasRider

VegasRider Ya, I'm a n00b.

Oddometer:
    Trip, that is.

I was looking for a rather benign first ride, but one with plenty of pic opportunities and some challenge. I am looking at riding from Vegas out to Willow Beach, AZ (on the Colorado river downstream from the dam). Then over to Temple Bar Marina on Lake Mead.

Yes, compared with some of the things you all do, this is probably a proverbial "walk in the park," but for me, I need to be gentile. :rofl

It is about 100 miles round trip with plenty of little "off the pavement" opportunities. Again, fairly benign & Rebel-safe. I hope to do this on the first weekend in January.

This sound like a reasonable 1st time ADV ride for a n00b?
  2. DAKEZ

DAKEZ Long timer

Oddometer:
    It sounds more like a spontaneous detour on the way home from work.
    As a first??? it does sound like a first time adventure walk.

If you are planning a Month out for a 100 mile ride... I think you can feel safe setting your sights a tad bit higher. 500 to 600 miles ??? You should post up in Regional forums and find a few ADV-types to help you ease into this.

Be safe. RIDE RIDE RIDE
  3. spoof

spoof on backwards

Oddometer:
    Sounds like you're planning to get out and enjoy yourself on your bike. Everybody has their own pace and preference. Your plan is perfectly reasonable and sounds beautiful...just don't be surprised if you find yourself itching to go a little farther. Enjoy!
  4. Lone Rider

Lone Rider Registered User

Oddometer:
    Just get a good map and go fart around when you get that urge.
    You also have some off road available at Valley of Fire, not too many miles away.
  5. VegasRider

VegasRider Ya, I'm a n00b.

Oddometer:
    When I say I am a noob, heeeee1111 yes. :lol3 I rode a Yamaha street bike in HS way back in the 1980's and just got my new bike a few months ago. Taking the MSF class later in December. SO, I have only racked up about 175 miles in the last... 20 years or so. Can ya smell the n00b? :nod

spoof - HA. I already have some 'Alternate routes' planned, just in case.:wink:

Lone Rider - I was just checking that out today. Buddy of mine at work has ridden there before. He also mentioned Red Rock Canyon as another super place to ride.

So many places to ride... So few vacation days...:cry